What grocery store do the towncars stop at?

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
Hi all,

Planning a 2018 WDW trip with my two sisters, son and daughter in law, and instead of taking Magical Express and spending an arm and a leg on groceries (and shipping) with Garden Grocer, we will rent a towncar, but my question is, what grocery store do the majority of them make their stop at? Is it at a no name, or somewhere like Kroger or Publix? The reason I ask, when I was there with my mom in 2002, we had a towncar pick us up at the airport, and our grocery stop was some no name place (which name escapes me, it was so long ago), and I'd rather shop somewhere familiar.

Generally they'll go where you request, within reason. If you just stay "grocery store ", they'll pick one. By no-name, you mean one you're not familiar with, right? Not a nameless storefront selling groceries?

While nobody can say for sure what things will be three years from now, it seems odd that Garden Grocer would cost more than a town car-type vehicle. There's also WeGoShop, which will shop at the store you pick.

I've stopped at a Publix. BUT....not sure what you mean by an arm and a leg if you use Garden Grocer. I use them all the time...yes, there is a delivery charge, but it's not that much..probably about the same as your tip for the towncar driver!! I have always been able to get whatever I have needed with GG, yes maybe a bit more expensive, but I'm not spending the time in a grocery store. GG, or WeGoShop, shop for you and then deliver it to your resort, and then your order is brought to your room.
If you book GG soon enough, you can sometimes get a discount. I would think that if you add up your costs, the car service may pale in comparison.

we will rent a towncar, but my question is, what grocery store do the majority of them make their stop at?
In general it depends on the driver and what route they take from the airport. If you have a preference (say Publix or Walmart) let the driver know and they will do their best to go there. I've never heard of them stopping at a no-name kind of place. Its always a supermarket type.

I've stopped at a Publix. BUT....not sure what you mean by an arm and a leg if you use Garden Grocer. I use them all the time...yes, there is a delivery charge, but it's not that much..probably about the same as your tip for the towncar driver!! I have always been able to get whatever I have needed with GG, yes maybe a bit more expensive, but I'm not spending the time in a grocery store. GG, or WeGoShop, shop for you and then deliver it to your resort, and then your order is brought to your room.
If you book GG soon enough, you can sometimes get a discount. I would think that if you add up your costs, the car service may pale in comparison.
Totally agree! A towncar (vs. the free DME service) will cost way more than the delivery fee charged by Garden Grocer. Also, considering how much you are paying to be at WDW, why spend some of that valuable vacation time in a grocery store?

Sounds like they may have been taken to Goodings. Everything fits, expensive crappy store.

Publix, Winn Dixie, Kroger, Food Lion are all decent grocery stores. There is a Whole Foods at Sand Lake Dr and Turkey Lake Dr which is about 5 miles from DTD.

Totally agree! A towncar (vs. the free DME service) will cost way more than the delivery fee charged by Garden Grocer. Also, considering how much you are paying to be at WDW, why spend some of that valuable vacation time in a grocery store?

But, the speed and ease that gets you out of the airport in nothing flat is something to consider.

But, the speed and ease that gets you out of the airport in nothing flat is something to consider.
Perhaps, but some of the time savings get eaten up because unlike DME, you must go to baggage claim to get your luggage. Overall savings in time by taking a town car vs. DME is about 20-30 minutes or so, then you spend 30 minutes in a grocery store anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter