What game are you making your home?

I'd love to try Wizard101 but I haven't gotten a beta invite. I split my time between PotCO and SW. I love Pirates but I can't do that at work so I log into SW there for an occasional chat break between projects.

I log into SocioTown, VFK and Gaia regularly. I do that mainly because I know that there are a lot of VMK people in all of those places not really because I find the games themselves very engaging. I want to be where you guys are. Could we make up our collective minds please? :hug:

Aww! :hug:
Unfortunately, no one game will give us all what each of us wants out of it. That's why VMK was so perfect. It provided each of us with what we are looking for in a game.

I spend most of my time on Gaia. I can at least play the games and earn gold at all times. I also frequent SW. But it's emphasis on social climbing and the fact that I have to wait on missions to earn any tokens is kind of a turn off for me. Plus, while the graphics are great, my computer is too slow and it's causing a lot of lag for me. :( Also, it seems that I'm never really on when there's many people on. And when I am on, I spend most of it alone in my room. :(

VFK I haven't been on much. It' just not enough for me to really enjoy. It's hit or miss meeting up with friends right now.

In essence, no one game is going to give me what I want. Also, what I really want is that Disney Park magic. And no games will provide that unless they are done by Disney. Unfortunately, none of their current games gives that to me.

I'm only playing VFK now. Then again I'm only playing when I don't have to fight with my boyfriend for my computer so I can get the game. He is playing VFK at least ten times more than he did VMK.

We checked out the other games that are popular with DISers, but weren't drawn to any of them. We are looking forward to checking out Elf Island when it opens. The home page looks nice and hopefully the game graphics have a similar look.

I also don't really like games where you have to "level up" so for me, Small Worlds is the best option. You can design rooms and chat freely with your friends. However, it's not really a "family" game" if that's what you are looking for.

Aww! :hug:
Unfortunately, no one game will give us all what each of us wants out of it. That's why VMK was so perfect. It provided each of us with what we are looking for in a game.

I spend most of my time on Gaia. I can at least play the games and earn gold at all times. I also frequent SW. But it's emphasis on social climbing and the fact that I have to wait on missions to earn any tokens is kind of a turn off for me. Plus, while the graphics are great, my computer is too slow and it's causing a lot of lag for me. :( Also, it seems that I'm never really on when there's many people on. And when I am on, I spend most of it alone in my room. :(

VFK I haven't been on much. It' just not enough for me to really enjoy. It's hit or miss meeting up with friends right now.

In essence, no one game is going to give me what I want. Also, what I really want is that Disney Park magic. And no games will provide that unless they are done by Disney. Unfortunately, none of their current games gives that to me.

I totally agree with everything you said (except for Gaia). I don't know if Disney really knows/cares how much this game meant to all of us. It's unbelieveable that a game can suck us in so much that we can't find a game to replace it. Some may want VFK or another game to be just like VMK, well not me. VMK was a special part of family time that was so unique that I don't want a copycat site.

ive been playing The sims 2 ( not online, but still), I have also been recording songs, as the muppets lol. neither activity is an online game, but no game has held me well enough

I also frequent SW. But it's emphasis on social climbing and the fact that I have to wait on missions to earn any tokens is kind of a turn off for me. Plus, while the graphics are great, my computer is too slow and it's causing a lot of lag for me. :( Also, it seems that I'm never really on when there's many people on. And when I am on, I spend most of it alone in my room. :(
I guess I don't take the social climbing references very seriously; I think they're meant to be tongue-in-cheek. For some reason they don't bother me nearly as much as VMK's infamous "You'll be the envy of the kingdom!"

I'm having the same experience as far as running into others when I'm on; it doesn't seem to happen very often. I'm surprised it would make that much difference, but perhaps the fact that it's open 24/7 and there are no scheduled events decreases our chances of catching each other.

I'll be sure to stop and say hi if I see you; please feel free to do the same! I get lonely in my room sometimes too.

No place to call home yet .. but I've dabbled in all of the games that everyone else has tried. All the games have a little of something that I like.

I enjoy the social atmosphere of SW and the freedom to chat with friends, but it's all a little too real-life and I miss the fantasy aspect. Build a bear has alot of the same atmosphere as vmk, and I enjoy the collecting aspect of it, but the games kinda suck.

I check out vfk once in a while but the graphics in the game are basic and boring. Ravenwood is really cool and I love the faire games but I have a feeling I'm over my head on this one, I also feel alone in the game, everyone is rushing by doing something, and hardly any chatting is going on. However, it is challenging, and seems like the only game I keep going back to.

Loving POTCO! I consider that my home since I can't seem to stay off it :teeth:

I'll go on SmallWorlds or VFK, but don't spend much time on them since I have nothing to do in either game (hate those arcade games in SW and am too lazy to find my way to the bird game in VFK) :rotfl2:

So... Pirates it is for this girl princess:

I've been playing Gaia, VFK, and SW. I also have a very neglected webkinz pet. It has been about a 40-40-20 split of my gaming time. SW gets the short end only because they were the last game I joined.

The thing I like most about Gaia is I can list items in the Marketplace and earn gold while I am not even playing. :thumbsup2 There are also great items for the avatars. The thing I like least about Gaia, there is no jump to friend option. Also, having only one room is a big adjustment.

I've learned some of the birds, so that aspect of VFK isn't too bad for me. It's also nice to see some familiar faces there. I love the new guest room with the fireplace. I'm curious to see how this game pans out in the next few months. I was not much of a gamer until I joined VMK, so seeing the development of a game interests me.

Although I have not spent much time in SW, I do like it. They have some great items and public rooms. I can see where the appeal of the photo frame, stereo and pets. If you happen to see me in SW, please stop by. I still need to get 3 people to my room for that mission. One thing I feel they could do to give more "tokens" would be add a feature like similar to Webkinz. In Webkinz if you play and win a game in a public or private room, you earn cash. These games includes air hockey, bowling and checkers. Wouldn't it be great to play pool or arcade games in your own room and earn tokens?

Over the next few months I will revisit my choices and hopefully narrow things down. Three online games is too much for me. ;)

Im still in vmk...........where in the world did everyone go? Im all alone in here rofl.

Ok jk.........Sweet and I play Gaia and Smallworlds but I think Smallworlds wins my vote for closest to home.

rob

My home now is Wizards 101. My character's majoring in Storm and minoring in Ice. Fire elf hunters are currently driving me mad, they are so persistant and hardly ever get fizzles.

Tried SmallWorld and Gaia. A bit boring for my taste even if the Gaia avatars are brilliant.

Im still in vmk...........where in the world did everyone go? Im all alone in here rofl.

:rotfl2: LOVE IT!! :rotfl2:

Anyway sorry I have been away.

Right now I am waffling between SocioTown and Wizards 101.

SocioTown provides me with a open chat and the ability to just sit and talk with friends in a low pressure environment. I don't feel the need to do something to move forward in the game, because for me it is more about the chilling with friends.

Wizard 101 on the other hand gives me some action and adventure when i need a game. For me it is more of a game than a chat. Your always on the move always trying to complete that next quest. Its like the complete opposite of SocioTown. When they reset the game tonight I will definatly go back.

Smallworlds has a lot of that Disney feel. You have the ability to build and play. The chat is free and open which I like. Waiting till they reset the game before I go back. When is this happening?

VFK has been a huge disappointment to me, not sure if I will go back.

Gaia I never gave a fair shot to because of time constraints

And any online Disney game will never see my face for quite some time. :snooty:

Wizard 101 on the other hand gives me some action and adventure when i need a game. For me it is more of a game than a chat. Your always on the move always trying to complete that next quest.

Did you know you *can* chat in Wizard? (I couldn't figure this out myself :rolleyes1 ) If you hit the "Enter" key, a chat line opens on the bottom of your screen. It's still hard to chat though, I'll agree. Ppl are running alot and the chat screens aren't always easy to read. (overlapping and vanishing quickly)

I just joined SM so it is all new to me and I have met a lot of interesting people of all nationalities (learning Portugese might be handy), it's just that I hardly see them again since it is open 24/7. I have been meaning to play Gaia but forget to sign up.

I just joined SM so it is all new to me and I have met a lot of interesting people of all nationalities (learning Portugese might be handy), it's just that I hardly see them again since it is open 24/7. I have been meaning to play Gaia but forget to sign up.

smallworlds is a pretty exciting game, unfortunately we keep pushing the missions to their limit ROFL so we back off it when it gets slow.

I believe they will figure out a way to keep us busy between missions and then you will always see people around you know :)

Still waiting for my Beta invite for W101... so until then have been splitting my time between WoW (Cairne Server) and LotR (Firefoot Server).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter