What foods do you want to try at Flower & Garden Fest?

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I haven’t seen a thread on this….

*** No wonder, lol - it hasn’t started yet! Oops!

These look best to me:

Farmer’s Fest:

Veal Tenderloin with Spring Pea Risotto featuring Ben’s Original™ International Grains™ Arborio Rice and Red Wine Syrup

Strawberry Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake with Crème Fraîche Whipped Cream

Citrus Blossom

Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon Curd, Lemon Mousse, and Toasted Meringue

Florida Fresh

Grilled Warm Lobster Tail with Key Lime Butter

Florida Strawberry Shortcake (Plant-based, so I can’t imagine the biscuit is great)

Jardin de Fiestas

Flan de Guayaba
Vanilla Flan with Guava Coulis, Whipped Cream, and Fresh Fruit

Sope de Chilorio
Guajillo Pepper-Braised Pork on Fried Corn Shells with Black Beans, Shredded Cabbage, Crema Mexicana, Queso Fresco, and Chives

Tamale de Rajas
Poblano Peppers, Corn, and Cheese in Masa topped with Poblano Cream Sauce, Crema Mexicana, Pickled Carrots, and Onions with Chives

Bauernmarkt

Potato Pancakes with House-Made Apple Sauce

Primavera

Bocconcini
Mozzarealla Bocconcini, Grape Tomatoes, and Pesto Sauce

Arrabbiata
Pennette Pasta, Spicy Tomato Sauce, and Buttery Shrimp

Tangierine Cafe

Grilled Chermoula Chicken Kebabs with Carrot-Chickpea Salad and Garlic Aïoli

Mediterranean Flatbread with Chermoula, Roasted Vegetables, Artichoke, Olives, and Feta Cheese

Orange Blossom-Saffron Cake

Fleur de Lys

Parmentier de Canard A L’Orange
Pulled Duck Confit with Orange Sauce and Garlic-Rosemary Mashed Potatoes

Gâteau au Crémeux Citron, Lavende et Thym, Compote de Fruits Rouges
Warm Cake filled with Lemon, Lavender, and Thyme-Infused Cream served with Berry Compote

Last edited:
I was browsing for a Flower and Garden thread, too, because it starts today! Here’s my tentative list…

-Farmers Feast - Strawberry Rhubarb Upside-down Cake with crème fraîche whipped cream

-Showcase plaza - Berry chai

+Fleur de Lys - Duck/croissant/La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush

-La Isla Fresca - Coconut tres leches/sangria

+Tangierine Cafe - Orange-blossom saffron cake/flatbread

(I didn’t see the kebabs on the menu this year but I would get them if they’re offered)

+Hanami - Frushi/ramen

-Bauernmarkt - Warm Cheese Strudel with berry compote

-Jardin - Flan

-Pineapple Promenade - Violet lemonade

+Honey Bee-stro - Chicken and Waffles/orange honey wine

Can’t wait to hear back about reviews!

I was browsing for a Flower and Garden thread, too, because it starts today! Here’s my tentative list…

-Farmers Feast - Strawberry Rhubarb Upside-down Cake with crème fraîche whipped cream

-Showcase plaza - Berry chai

+Fleur de Lys - Duck/croissant/La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush

-La Isla Fresca - Coconut tres leches/sangria

+Tangierine Cafe - Orange-blossom saffron cake/flatbread

(I didn’t see the kebabs on the menu this year but I would get them if they’re offered)

+Hanami - Frushi/ramen

-Bauernmarkt - Warm Cheese Strudel with berry compote

-Jardin - Flan

-Pineapple Promenade - Violet lemonade

+Honey Bee-stro - Chicken and Waffles/orange honey wine

Can’t wait to hear back about reviews!
I was going to put the coconut tres leche on there, but I’ve never had oat and almond milk. Still, it sounds yummy!!!

As a vegetarian, I see a lot more options for me this year and I'm excited! We'll be there Wed and Fri this coming week and I'll try to keep good notes.

As a vegetarian, I see a lot more options for me this year and I'm excited! We'll be there Wed and Fri this coming week and I'll try to keep good notes.
Looking forward to reading them - I’ll be there on Sunday!

I'll be there the first week in April. I have already made my wish list on the WDW F&W app. so I have a budget of how much to put on a wrist GC. Of course, I'll get more than what is on my wish list but it has one something from every booth. I've already watched a few reviews on things.

We'll be there the second week in April. When we went in 2022 there wasn't a lot that appealed to us so we didn't partake in any of the festival food. This year there's a lot that looks good.

Here's our list (bolded items are our priorities):
Honey Bistro - chicken & waffles
Magnolia Terrace - Spicy Chicken Gumbo, Banana Foster Bread Pudding
Bauermkt - Toasted Pretzel bread, warm cheese strudel with berry compote
Trowel & Trellis - Soy-glazed sticky ribs
Lotus House - spicy mala chicken skewer, crab wontons, vegetable dumplings
Swirled Showcase - Liquid Nitro honey mascarpone cheesecake, peanut butter swirled ice cream
Primavera Kitchen - chocolate cannoli
Funnel Cake Stand - strawberry funnel cake
Fleur de Lys - beignet caramelise
Citrus Blossom - lemon meringue pie

My wife and I attended the Moonlight Magic event last night and tried the lobster tails, scallops, beef tenderloin, shrimp tempura and lemon meringue pie. My wife liked the shrimp the most and the scallops were my favorite. Neither one of us was impressed by the lobster tails and I don’t think they are worth $11 but if they’re fine if you have snack credits to use. We both really liked the pie too.

My wife and I attended the Moonlight Magic event last night and tried the lobster tails, scallops, beef tenderloin, shrimp tempura and lemon meringue pie. My wife liked the shrimp the most and the scallops were my favorite. Neither one of us was impressed by the lobster tails and I don’t think they are worth $11 but if they’re fine if you have snack credits to use. We both really liked the pie too.
Thank you! I’ve read mixed things about the lobster …I’ll probably end up skipping it

After seeing some reviews, I took Fleur de Lys off the list and changed my Honey Bee-stro pick to the cauliflower and maybe the Honey Peach Freeze.

I also added the Beef Patty at La Isla Fresca and the Cubanito at Florida Fresh for a couple more savory options.

They're both getting really good reviews.
I didn’t put the pretzel on my list because I don’t really eat ham, but I’m guessing the cheese overwhelms it anyway, lol.

I need to find out what kind of cheese they use - if it’s Swiss (the one we call Swiss, not any Swiss cheese like Gruyère), then it’s out because I hate typical Swiss cheese

After seeing some reviews, I took Fleur de Lys off the list and changed my Honey Bee-stro pick to the cauliflower and maybe the Honey Peach Freeze.

I also added the Beef Patty at La Isla Fresca and the Cubanito at Florida Fresh for a couple more savory options.
I’ve never really had plant based food, so that’s why I only lately put the coconut dessert on my list. I’m not sure how good that food will be ..

I’ve never really had plant based food, so that’s why I only lately put the coconut dessert on my list. I’m not sure how good that food will be ..

It would be my 1st time trying anything Impossible. I’d rather have the real thing :)

The Honey Glazed Cauliflower @ Honey Bee-stro was probably one of my FAVORITES out of everything we had on Wednesday. Will definitely head back there again next trip!
IMG_5514.jpg

The Honey Glazed Cauliflower @ Honey Bee-stro was probably one of my FAVORITES out of everything we had on Wednesday. Will definitely head back there again next trip!
This is getting good reviews and I will try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter