What food/drinks did you enjoy growing up that you wouldn't touch today?

Hostess Zingers, Ding Dongs, donettes.
Steak Umms(not sure if it still exists)
Nissin cup noodles(I think this is the same thing as pot noodles someone mentioned earlier)
Kool-Aid

The sweets not so much but I can agree with the Peeps. That crunchy, sugary coating is just gross. Eck!
I still like a lot of sweet things, just not the sickeningly sweet candies of my childhood. I do like regular marshmallows and Fluff, but Peeps are horrendous. I like more dark chocolate than milk chocolate now, too.

Campbell Soups
Mountain Dew
hot dogs straight out of the package(unheated)
Oh, I ate those Oscar Meyer hot dogs with the cheese unheated-took them to school and ate them for lunch, so gross now that I think about it.
Also thought of two more-Buddig and Land O Frost deli meats-so thin and just nasty, but they were cheap!
Underwood brand(devil on the can) meat spreads

All those great tasting diet soft drinks in the 1960's that were sweetened with Cyclamate. That is the only artificial sweeter that tastes like sugar IMHO. Been banned in the U.S. since 1970, but that ban remains controversial 50 years later as some nations still allow it and question the safety of some of the artificial sweeteners that ARE legal in the U.S.

Oh, I ate those Oscar Meyer hot dogs with the cheese unheated-took them to school and ate them for lunch, so gross now that I think about it.
Also thought of two more-Buddig and Land O Frost deli meats-so thin and just nasty, but they were cheap!
Underwood brand(devil on the can) meat spreads
OMG we had that stuff all the time. I actually used to enjoy the buddig even in college. Fry it with an egg top with store brand American cheese. Num num

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter