What first names annoy you because of people you have met?

I won't name names but there was a name a couple years ago that I thought was haunting me. Every time I turned around a TV show or movie, even a music video would have a character with this name. How am I supposed to forget about someone when every time I turn around I am hearing his name.

Shannon. I'm sure there are plenty of lovely Shannons out there in the world, but I don't think I've ever met any of them!

Ray
Regina
Hayleigh
Any girls name ending with "leigh" "lee" or "ley"
Action names like Hunter, Ryder, Walker
Wyatt
Tristan
Cody
Colt
Travis
Any name that contains punctuation
Names that are spelled in "creative" (read: stupid) ways
Donna
Karen
Abby
Kelly
Katelyn, Caitlyn, and any other spellings of it
Jackson
And lastly, my own horrid name

Woah, that is quite a list.

"Any name that contains punctuation" ???

Not me personally but my mom was going to name me Lisa but she knew someone with that name she could not stand so she changed it. I am kind of glad because it was going to be Lisa Marie and I don't know if I would have liked that.

bruce Dern and Bruce Willis...just would not feel comfortable having dinner with them. Has a co worker named bruce, we were always in conflict, and both of us at fault in the conflict

I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."—Bruce reciting the Fish-Friendly Sharks motto

"Is there a Moderator available?"
ogUhwmNe_400x400.jpeg

Ha! I just read the title and said Jamie before reading your post. Both male and female!

Jamie's and I don't mix. No bueno. :sad2: And I know now every time I meet a Jaime I go in with preconceived notions. Not really fair, but the other Jamie's have ruined it.

My husband and I are both named Jamie :rotfl2:

My husband's first wife is a Tammy. It took a long time and a great co-worker with the same name for me to get over it (mostly).

Anything ______ Jo. When I was a kid there were two mean girls in my neighborhood Betty Jo and Mary Jo. They sound like such friendly names, but nope! That being said, I did meet Jo the crewmember on the Disney Wonder and thought she was pretty great. And, one of the assistants in my office is Jo. So maybe if I can drop the first part and meet people named just Jo.

Ray
Regina
Hayleigh
Any girls name ending with "leigh" "lee" or "ley"
Action names like Hunter, Ryder, Walker
Wyatt
Tristan
Cody
Colt
Travis
Any name that contains punctuation
Names that are spelled in "creative" (read: stupid) ways
Donna
Karen
Abby
Kelly
Katelyn, Caitlyn, and any other spellings of it
Jackson
And lastly, my own horrid name
All those have a negative connotation because of people you have met?

Jennifer - because of how common it was. I have 4 social media friends named Jennifer, I cannot take on any more!
Chad

Oddly, my friends have very strong opinions about the name Melissa. Apparently Melissa's are bad news.
On the other hand, I am obnoxiously friendly to anyone who has my name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter