What fees are there at checkout?

coolingjupiter

Mouseketeer
Hello,

So after about a year or so of researching DVC and checking out resale listings periodically, we made an offer, it was agreed upon, and our contract was just submitted this past week to Disney for first right of refusal. When I was speaking to my father about it after the fact, he had asked me something that I had never thought to check into in the time I was doing research: are there any fees that have to be paid at checkout? I didn’t have the answer and I couldn’t find information on it, but I’m thinking there are undoubtedly some fees that have to be paid. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to being a DVC member (as long as Disney doesn’t exercise FROR)!

The only place that charges something is Aulani and it is some sort of tax for the state....not related to DVC.

Other than that, no charges for DVC members and their guests staying on the points...unless you use your MB to charge purchases

Hello,

So after about a year or so of researching DVC and checking out resale listings periodically, we made an offer, it was agreed upon, and our contract was just submitted this past week to Disney for first right of refusal. When I was speaking to my father about it after the fact, he had asked me something that I had never thought to check into in the time I was doing research: are there any fees that have to be paid at checkout? I didn’t have the answer and I couldn’t find information on it, but I’m thinking there are undoubtedly some fees that have to be paid. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to being a DVC member (as long as Disney doesn’t exercise FROR)!
Like resort checkout at the end of a stay?

Generally no fees on check out of DVC room

But if you mean the listing, there are generally closing costs and the buy usually pays that years dues.

If you valet park those charges come due at checkout. If you ask for extra cleanings, those fees are due at checkout. I think you have to pay for parking in California (but am not 100% sure). There are no additional room charges - except at Aulani where there are taxes. Of course, anything you charge at Disney on your Magic Band is due at checkout :)....

Yes, I was referring to any sort of tax or resort fees at checkout. Glad that there aren’t any because I hadn’t specifically looked into that in all of the research that I had done...but I think it would have come up in one of the many articles and posts I read! My father is not a fan of “timeshares” and he has friends who have had timeshares that charge certain fees when you checkout.

I really hope my contract goes through. At first I said I’d take it as a sign if it didn’t and would just shrug it off, but I think I’d be very disappointed at this point!

The only place that charges something is Aulani and it is some sort of tax for the state....not related to DVC.

I can totally picture CA adding charges like this. Hasn't happened yet, but totally could.

I would not buy a timeshare outside of FL, which I think is what you are asking. But that's just my opinion.

I can totally picture CA adding charges like this. Hasn't happened yet, but totally could.

I would not buy a timeshare outside of FL, which I think is what you are asking. But that's just my opinion.

I am buying at BLT. I was just checking to make sure there weren’t any additional fees at checkout at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter