• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Fast passes should I worry about for 5 year old girl?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
We are going over Spring break, my window opens tomorrow at 7.

We have 5 year old girl, 8 and 9 year old boys.

I am mostly concerned about the 5 year old girl. she won't be riding thrill rides so is there a frozen something I need to make sure and get for her?

Any tips on 5 year old girl important fp is what I am really needing.. I am well versed on boys!

thanks so much, KIM

Are you sure she doesn't want to do thrill rides, or just assuming? My at the time 4 year old girl's favorites were Thunder Mountain, 7DMT, and Test Track. Not too crazy but still thrilling.

We were somewhat concerned about our 5 yo daughter....we shouldn't have been. Our first ride was Big Thunder Mtn. She loved it. We also did FP's for ariels grotto, Under the Sea, Mine train, eventually Splash Mtn, Pirates, Frozen, Nemo, Soarin, Mission Space, The Land, Dinosaur, Safari, Spaceship earth, Jungle Cruise, Fast Track, Several characters(best bang was the meet and greet at Epcot), Star tours, Toy Story Mania, Buzz lightyear.

The ONLY one out of all those that I wouldn't recommend is Dinosaur. Too dark, and a little freaky, but she did fine, and we only did it after she had "proven" herself.

She didn't meet height requirements for a few rides, but making this list (and that doesn't include everything we did), I realize that out of the 4 parks, there's not much we didn't do...especially at MK and Epcot.

We were somewhat concerned about our 5 yo daughter....we shouldn't have been. Our first ride was Big Thunder Mtn. She loved it. We also did FP's for ariels grotto, Under the Sea, Mine train, eventually Splash Mtn, Pirates, Frozen, Nemo, Soarin, Mission Space, The Land, Dinosaur, Safari, Spaceship earth, Jungle Cruise, Fast Track, Several characters(best bang was the meet and greet at Epcot), Star tours, Toy Story Mania, Buzz lightyear.

The ONLY one out of all those that I wouldn't recommend is Dinosaur. Too dark, and a little freaky, but she did fine, and we only did it after she had "proven" herself.

She didn't meet height requirements for a few rides, but making this list (and that doesn't include everything we did), I realize that out of the 4 parks, there's not much we didn't do...especially at MK and Epcot.

I agree for sure about Dinosaur. Ours also was not a fan of Tower of Terror.

If she is tall enough I would simply pick rides for all. Both my kids loved thrill rides at that age

We didn't even attempt tower of terror
Or haunted mansion as our 7yo is not a fan of that type of thing. Also didn't ride on anything she wasn't tall enough to do.

For our 4 1/2 year old it would be
Frozen ever after (Epcot)
Peter Pan (MK)
Enchanted Tales with Belle (MK)
Navi River (AK)
Safari (AK)

Also the princess meet and greets at fairytale hall. We actually did that during am emh and walked right in, whole most were doing 7dmt lol.

Everything else they loved wasn’t a bad wait or we could get as extra fast passes

Our DGD’s favorite ride at age 5 was Tower of Terror (too bad for her dad, who hates it and ended up riding many times with her), and we had no idea before that first trip that she’s an adrenaline junky. She loved meeting princesses too, but given a choice between a M&G and a thrill ride, she’d take the thrill every time. So mix in some princesses, but don’t exclude your 5 year old from the roller coasters etc., at least until you can see how she actually reacts to them.

At Hollywood Stiudios there is a Frozen Singalong that is very good for kids. There is also a Disney Junior Stage Show, but a 5 yr old may be too old for Disney JR.

The Frozen Ride at Epcot is difficult to get unless you reserve it right at 60 days. Great for kids.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is hard to get, and is good for younger kids. It is a lot less bumpy and fast than the Big Thunder Mountain.

At Animal Kingdom, I would do Flight of Passage if she is tall enough. Also Lion King show, and Safari Ride.

Thanks soooo much for all the suggestions! this little girl is very girly, small, shy etc. Her mom, my friend doesn't think she will like thunder mountain etc, but we will for sure try! I just didn't want to miss anything that would be horrible to miss for her, sounds like frozen ever after is an example of one of those! Thanks again so much for your help!

One more question... is I am in texas... is it 7 cst or 7 eastern that I can make FP reservations?

Thanks soooo much for all the suggestions! this little girl is very girly, small, shy etc. Her mom, my friend doesn't think she will like thunder mountain etc, but we will for sure try! I just didn't want to miss anything that would be horrible to miss for her, sounds like frozen ever after is an example of one of those! Thanks again so much for your help!

One more question... is I am in texas... is it 7 cst or 7 eastern that I can make FP reservations?

You might try Barnstormer before BTMRR - it’s a great “beginner” coaster!

And living in Texas myself, I can confirm that the FP window opens at 7:00 ET - 6:00 AM here :faint:!

You might try Barnstormer before BTMRR - it’s a great “beginner” coaster!

And living in Texas myself, I can confirm that the FP window opens at 7:00 ET - 6:00 AM here :faint:!

We did that. Didn't fastpass it but ran it as a trial just to make sure we were not traumatizing our child by putting her on 7dmt.

I have a pretty girly now-6yo, and we have FP+ for 7DMT EVERY SINGLE MK DAY for our February trip. And we are going to MK many, many days. She would want FOP every day too, but that's just not possible. On our last trip, when she was 5, she loved LOVED FOP and cried on Tower of Terror.

I definitely wouldn't make any assumptions. I might suggest 7DMT as another "beginner" after Barnstormer. It's very smooth. Our 6yo hasn't even been on BTMRR or Splash Mtn - we'll try those on our next trip. Also, she loved Soarin from her very first ride, even before 7DMT or Barnstormer.

Note on Frozen Ever After there is a backward hill in the dark - even our 2yo loved it.

I have a pretty girly now-6yo, and we have FP+ for 7DMT EVERY SINGLE MK DAY for our February trip. And we are going to MK many, many days. She would want FOP every day too, but that's just not possible. On our last trip, when she was 5, she loved LOVED FOP and cried on Tower of Terror.

I definitely wouldn't make any assumptions. I might suggest 7DMT as another "beginner" after Barnstormer. It's very smooth. Our 6yo hasn't even been on BTMRR or Splash Mtn - we'll try those on our next trip. Also, she loved Soarin from her very first ride, even before 7DMT or Barnstormer.

Note on Frozen Ever After there is a backward hill in the dark - even our 2yo loved it.

Sounds a whole lot like my lil' one. Been on 7DMT 9 times now due to rider swaps with my younger child. She went on BTMRR this past summer and I was nervous she would not like it. When it was over, she got a huge smile on her face and said "can we do it again!?". It's worth a shot. Splash Mountain she did a couple of times but declined to go the third. That big drop at the end can be scary for young children.

Sounds a whole lot like my lil' one. Been on 7DMT 9 times now due to rider swaps with my younger child. She went on BTMRR this past summer and I was nervous she would not like it. When it was over, she got a huge smile on her face and said "can we do it again!?". It's worth a shot. Splash Mountain she did a couple of times but declined to go the third. That big drop at the end can be scary for young children.
Because I am ever the optimist, I have FPs for her on all the coasters in the hopes she will change her mind.

We are going over Spring break, my window opens tomorrow at 7.

We have 5 year old girl, 8 and 9 year old boys.

I am mostly concerned about the 5 year old girl. she won't be riding thrill rides so is there a frozen something I need to make sure and get for her?

Any tips on 5 year old girl important fp is what I am really needing.. I am well versed on boys!

thanks so much, KIM
At that age, my DD really like the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, which I took her on while others rode Space mountain

If you have time tonight before you go for you FastPasses remember YouTube is your friend. If you have any questions just youtube the ride or M&G and get her opinion. I made the 7 year old watch videos and tell me what she was scared of (sigh nothing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter