What else do I need to do?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
We have 42 days until our trip. I think I have everything planned that I need to, but thought I'd run it by the experts on here since this will be our first trip to Universal.

Transportation - Flights are booked. I have booked Tony Hinds for round trip transportation to and from MCO.

Hotel - Booked, staying at PBH club level so we will have express passes
Contacted hotel and filled out form to pay for the room before we arrive and will also have gift cards to finish paying off the room.
Is there an area I should request? We prefer to have a high floor in a quiet area.

Tickets - Ordered and linked to the app. I will be upgrading mine to a seasonal AP since I booked APH rate for the room.

Photos - ordered the Universal Photo Package

Lanyards - will either buy before we go or once we get there

We've looked at attractions and have a basic knowledge of what we want to see and do.

Am I forgetting anything? I'm used to planning Disney vacations and making dining reservation and fast passes so I feel like I'm forgetting something since I don't have to do that with Universal.

The only thing you have to do is pack your suitcase

Have a fantastic vacation!

Looks like you have everything booked. Maybe you'd like to read some Harry Potter books and/or watch movies. You could watch some Tim Tracker (or other youtuber) videos to get a feel for the parks and get some ideas of what you might like. Otherwise, relax, you're going to have a great trip!

I did go ahead and make a lunch reservation at Mythos about two weeks out from our trip.

If you want a spa appointment at Mandara Spa you could also book that a couple weeks out.

Our first trip to Universal was club level PBH. You will love it!

You might want to view the "Where to Eat at Universal" sticky to get a good idea of the different restaurants across the resorts, City Walk, in the parks etc. just so you have an idea of the different places/menus that you might want to try.

That's the beauty of a US vacation. You don't need a spreadsheet accounting for every minute of the day like your typical WDW trip. Enjoy.

When you buy lanyards make sure they are the kind that have a "zipper" closure. Pretty sure all the ones they sell there do. I bought ours ahead of time (at home) and the little pockets ripped. DD16 actually lost her room key and ticket three times! The miraculous thing is that when we retraced her steps we found them each time. It was very windy and when her lanyard blew around they flew out.

I'd also recommend taking advantage of the early entry. The parks got noticeably more crowded as the day went on.

When you buy lanyards make sure they are the kind that have a "zipper" closure. Pretty sure all the ones they sell there do. I bought ours ahead of time (at home) and the little pockets ripped. DD16 actually lost her room key and ticket three times! The miraculous thing is that when we retraced her steps we found them each time. It was very windy and when her lanyard blew around they flew out.

I'd also recommend taking advantage of the early entry. The parks got noticeably more crowded as the day went on.

Our group has a variety of different lanyards and only a couple have the zip closure and no one has lost anything ever in all the years we have gone. We have replaced the plastic part for the ticket a few times as needed from a pack we picked up at walmart, again no zip, still no problem.

Was she losing stuff because the pocket was ripped?

Our group has a variety of different lanyards and only a couple have the zip closure and no one has lost anything ever in all the years we have gone. We have replaced the plastic part for the ticket a few times as needed from a pack we picked up at walmart, again no zip, still no problem.

Was she losing stuff because the pocket was ripped?

Yes, the pocket ripped a little (not the whole way) and the card & ticket kept falling out. It was very windy so her lanyard was blowing around a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter