• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What draws you back to wdw??

I'm going to make mine just WDW centred, rather than Orlando/the US in general: The atmosphere, the magic, the rides, that familiar feeling of being 'home', the snacks and the fact that when I next go it'll be my bf's first trip and I can't wait to show him around :goodvibes :lovestruc :wizard:

Hi Lizzy! :wave2:

I thought you and Steve had visited WDW a couple of times together?

Why do we go back to WDW year after year?

Because it feels like home
Because we always have fun
because there is always something new to see
Because we have an excuse to laugh like kids and forget all our worries
Because it reminds me of our wedding day (at the Poly)
Because there is no where else I'd like to spend my holidays :)

Agree with all the above, the food, the people, the service, the standards of hotel, the safe feeling in WDW, the sunshine, the smells, the smiles on everyone elses faces, the kind people you meet plus

a twelve and eight year old growing up too quick but still kids at WDW

and a size 14 Mum feeling positively size 0 compared to many in the theme parks LOL.

Whether you are sitting on a beach in Spain or the Dominican Republic - your heart only wants to be in one place and that holiday just doesn't feel the same.
We too were of the opinion that there's too many places to go, but we just fell in love with Florida that it keeps drawing us back!

The excitement that you can be who you feel inside and forget how old you really are!
Its the feeling of being home from home.
Cheaper shopping.
More value for money.
Even though its early to rise and late to bed you never ever feel you don't want to do it any more.
Its the best place in the world to relax and just take in the atmosphere.
You feel the world is coming to an end at the end of your holiday and have to book another holiday to know that its not!

Just a few of my thoughts! :laughing:

we went 3 years in a row - 07, 08, 09 - and are now taking a break for a few years. The reasons we went for those 3 years in a row were mainly the boys having an absoloute perfect vacation for their ages. They were just in the Power Rangers, Toy Story, Star Wars, Chip and Dale, Buzz Lightyear fazes and the time just flew with them being gobsmacked every minute of the day.

The weather was always good, accommodation always good, shopping .... well the obvious!

We're off doing other things now around the world for a few years but I see WDW in the future maybe again:thumbsup2

Not from the UK (although I've been there...- I'm from Canada) but here's my reasons:

(1) I can have FUN - the chances of meeting someone I know from either work or home...I don't have to WORRY if I'm riding on the Dumbo ride although I'm in my 50's, and I don't have to worry if I'm sopping wet from Kali River. I don't have to worry about the "neighbourhood" gossip of how I'm probably too "chunky" to look great in a bathing suit, or if my hair isn't "just right"

(2) If you go shopping, things are cheaper (and some things are different)

(3) The food is OK....but what makes it great is I don't have to go to the super market to buy it, take it home and cook it and clean up the table and wash the dishes afterwards....

(4) The weather - you would have to chisel through ice here in December to go swimming....and in July the water here is still only 8 C....

(5) 99.99% of the CM's who go out of their way to make your vacation a great one

(6) The group "Off Kilter" between the Canada and UK buildings at Epcot....it's definately not the Glasgow Green during the World Pipe Band Championships - but those guys are having FUN.

I could go on, and on...

Loved reading all the replies :thumbsup2

I can relate to them all and it seems as soon as your feet touch Disney soil you are biten by the disney bug and theres nowhere else in the world youd rather be !!:)

After a horrendous divorce it was the first holiday I took my DD on. Somehow in all the stress and cares of the preceding years I had "lost" myself and had this idea that I was incapable of being any kind of fun. Then we arrived in Disney :yay: It is sentimental to me in a way because I instantly felt like the "old me" again. It also created an incredible new bond between DD and I - young as she was, it heralded an upward turn for us. Not that we had ever not had a good relationship, but I think from my side the fun factor was sorely missing.

2Tiggies, I found this part of your description very moving. I can totally relate to what you are saying, and this is what draws me back to Disney every time. After the positivity of a Disney trip, I feel like I can be anybody in the world that I want to be again, like how you feel when you are a kid/early teen. After the positivity of a Disney trip, I still feel that there are options in life that I can take, and opportunities and friends to be made if I want to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter