What does your name mean?

thomase

Earning My Ears
THOMAS
Usage: English, French, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Biblical
Pronounced: TAHM-as (English), to-MA (French), TOM-ahs (German) [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Name Days, Websites, Comments
Options: Contribute Information, Add to List
Greek form of the Aramaic name Te'oma which meant "twin". In the New Testament he was the apostle who doubted the resurrected Jesus. According to tradition he was martyred in India. Famous bearers of this name include philosopher and theologian Saint Thomas Aquinas, philosopher Thomas Hobbes, inventor Thomas Edison, American president Thomas Jefferson, and novelist Thomas Hardy.

What does your name mean?

http://behindthename.com/

RICHARD
Usage: English, French, German, Czech
Pronounced: RICH-ard (English), ree-SHAR (French) [key]
Means "brave power", derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It was borne by three kings of England including Richard the Lionheart, leader of the Third Crusade in the 12th century. Two German opera composers, Richard Wagner and Richard Strauss, have also had this name.

MELISSA
Usage: English, Greek Mythology, Ancient Greek
Other Scripts: Μελισσα (Greek)
Pronounced: me-LIS-a [key]
Means "bee" in Greek. This was the name of a nymph that cared for young Zeus in Greek mythology. It is also the name of the fairy who helps Rogero escape from the witch Alcina in the poem 'Orlando Furioso' by Ariosto.

(By the way, I hate my name.)

JOSHUA
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: JAH-shu-wa, JAW-shwa [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Websites, Comments
From the Hebrew name Yehoshua which meant "YAHWEH is salvation". Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. The name Jesus was a variant of the name Joshua.

JAMIE
(but my name is spelled Jamey -- I don't know why my parents spelled it like that)
Usage: English
Pronounced: JAY-mee [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Websites
Feminine form of JAMES

Name: Laura
Origin: Latin
Meaning: Laurel leaves, honour, fame, spirit

my name is michele, but it just said feminine form of michael so here it is:

MICHAEL
Usage: English, German, Czech, Biblical
Pronounced: MIE-kul [key]
From the Hebrew name Miyka'el which meant "who is like God?". This is the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers. This was also the name of nine Byzantine emperors and a czar of Russia. Other more modern bearers of this name include the 19th-century chemist/physicist Michael Faraday and basketball player Michael Jordan.

CHRISTINE
Usage: French, English
Pronounced: krees-TEEN (French), kris-TEEN (English) [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Name Days, Websites, Comments
French and English form of CHRISTINA

AMANDA
Usage: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
Pronounced: a-MAN-da (English), ah-MAHN-dah (Spanish, Italian) [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Name Days, Websites, Comments
Created in the 17th century by the playwright Colley Cibber, who based it on Latin amanda meaning "lovable".

SARAH
Usage: English, French, German, Jewish, Biblical
Pronounced: SER-a [key]
Means "lady" or "princess" in Hebrew. This was the name of the wife of Abraham in the Old Testament. She became the mother of Isaac at the age of 90. Her name was originally Sarai, but God changed it (see Genesis 17:15).

CHAD
Pronounced: CHAD [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes
From the Old English name Ceadda which is of unknown meaning, possibly based on Welsh cad "battle". This was the name of a 7th-century English saint. Also, a country in Africa bears this name, though it originates from a different source.

TRAVIS
Pronounced: TRA-vis [key]
Extra Info: Popularity, Related Names, Namesakes, Comments
Derived from Old French traverse meaning "to cross". From a surname which originally denoted someone who collected tolls from people crossing a bridge.

COURTNEY
Pronounced: KORT-nee
From a ******* which was derived either from a French place name meaning "domain of CURTIS" or else from a French nickname meaning "short nose".

:rolleyes:

I have two! :confused3

VICTORIA (1)
Usage: English, Spanish, Romanian, Ancient Roman
Pronounced: vik-TOR-ee-a [key]
Feminine form of VICTORIUS. This name was borne by a long-reigning queen of England. A Canadian city bears this name in her honour, as well as an Australian state and several other geographic areas.

VICTORIA (2)
Usage: Roman Mythology
Pronounced: vik-TOR-ee-a [key]
Means "victory" in Latin. Victoria was the Roman goddess of victory.

Sarah means princess: ! That's why my DIS name is phisigprincess. I'm a princess and my name is Sarah. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter