• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does villa mean?

FoxwithEars

Mouseketeer
What does villa mean? As in a bedroom villa compared to a regular bedroom? sorry im just confused. thankss:cool1:

A villa is used to describe the DVC rooms usually. They have one bed and two bed villas - so you get the bed rooms plus a lounge and a kitchen.

A bedroom is just the room with the beds (and a bathroom of course!)

Villa is a generic term, and one not always used by Disney.

The DVC Vacation Homes come in several different formats. A studio: two beds and a small kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, or one bed and a pull out couch. A one bedroom vacation home: king bed in a separate bedroom, large bathroom with jacuzzi tub, separate laundry room/closet, full kitchen with all appliances and dishes, cutlery ect. Some of the newer one bedrooms have two bathrooms (AKLV and BLTV).

Two bedrooms add a second bedroom, with two beds, and another bathroom. A Grand Villa adds enough sleeping accommodation for fourteen people. They are often two storey and very nice.

Off site the term is used generically to mean a condo or a fully self contained house that people rent (usually by the week) for their stay.

A hotel room is usually a bathroom one or two beds, and a closet with no cooking options, although Disney does not for most hotel rooms have the small fridge.

I think on this board they are refering to DVC units! You can get these for cash or renting points.

Villa is fancy-talk for "bigger room."

:)

Actually fancy talk for "people actually pay massive bucks to own a share of these places" ala time share. Or "a piece of the magic" as the advertising literature states.

Actually fancy talk for "people actually pay massive bucks to own a share of these places" ala time share. Or "a piece of the magic" as the advertising literature states.

LOL. True dat!

We almost stayed in a Bay Lake Towers Grand Villa last year. We had a group of 11 people (8 adults, three kids) and had it booked and everything. But at the last minute, we decided the grand villa -- which was GORGEOUS -- wasn't right for our group. Ironically, we went from the wildly-expensive, super-modern BLT Grand Villa to... wait for it, wait for it... three cabins at Fort Wilderness. And you know what?

We frakkin' loved it. It was my first time staying at Fort Wilderness, and it was pretty darn awesome, even for a very spoiled, very "I like my luxury" boy like me. :)

It's easier to list the ones that do. :) Villas exist only at DVC resorts, which are:

AKV
BLT
SSR
OKW
BWV
BCV
VWL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter