What does the "Y" in DVC - Y stand for?

Sally524

Earning My Ears
Just curious. Does the "Y" in the DVC - Y (i.e. blue card membership) stand for anything?

It means YER MORE VALUED TO DVC, SO PLEASE ACCEPT THESE EXTRA PERKS AND DISCOUNTS.
Close, it's more DVD, not so much DVC...

If you buy from the developer, the developer takes care of you....
If you don't, you don't get taken care of anymore.

You paid full price
You bought from the developer
You shall be tempted to be elitist
You get a deal today
You are YES DVD
I bought direct from Disney,
I did t pay full price,
I get a huge deal on park passes,

News flash, the “elite” don’t vacation at Disney, unless there is a Disney in St BART’s or the Turks

So being DVC Y saves me 8000k a year… after 10 years I’m pretty sure the difference between resale and direct is a wash..

I’m 19 years into DVC, I paid less for my points than any resale contract…

My children, we also get these savings moving forward….

According to some:

Y= "Yes, you bought direct and yes, you wasted your money just to get perks that aren't guaranteed and if you bought where you want to stay, you shouldn't be worrying about restricted resorts."

N= "No, I didn't waste my money on direct points because time value of money, plus I saved $375,000 on a 50-point VBR contract in 2010."*

* Until they take way a dining discount or restrict access to Moonlight Magic or the Top of the World, Epcot, or DL Lounges, then DVD is just being petty and those perks all of a sudden seem to be a bit more important. Don't even mention pool hopping...

Last edited:
According to some:

Y= "Yes, you bought direct and yes, you wasted your money just to get perks that aren't guaranteed and if you bought where you want to stay, you shouldn't be worrying about restricted resorts."

N= "No, I didn't waste my money on direct points because time value of money, plus I saved $375,000 on a 50-point VBR contract in 2010."*

* Until they take way a dining discount or restrict access to Moonlight Magic, Top of the World Lounge, then DVC is just being petty and those perks all of a sudden seem to be a bit more important. Don't even mention pool hopping...
Or ‘Y’ you bought resale years ago and have been grandfathered into full blue card/direct benefits you lucky duck!

Or ‘Y’ you bought resale years ago and have been grandfathered into full blue card/direct benefits you lucky duck!
Yes, well, since that is the other response that's been mentioned 5,437,619 times in every forum, Facebook, IG, Reddit, Quora, and Pinterest post in the last 5 years, I was trying to keep the post short, I figured it could be assumed. 😉

Yes, well, since that is the other response that's been mentioned 5,437,619 times in every forum, Facebook, IG, Reddit, Quora, and Pinterest post in the last 5 years, I was trying to keep the post short, I figured it could be assumed. 😉
I was gunna add that if you’re DVC ‘Y’ due to grandfathering - you’re probably OLD (like me 😁)…

I bought direct from Disney,
I did t pay full price,
I get a huge deal on park passes,

News flash, the “elite” don’t vacation at Disney, unless there is a Disney in St BART’s or the Turks

So being DVC Y saves me 8000k a year… after 10 years I’m pretty sure the difference between resale and direct is a wash..

I’m 19 years into DVC, I paid less for my points than any resale contract…

My children, we also get these savings moving forward….
lol News flash is kinda snarky but I will overlook this time. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter