What does the red X over a picture mean in my signature space mean?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I just noticed it today. My countdown in signature disappeared, so I got rid of it in “edit signature “ but the X over picture symbol is still there.

I've got the same issue. Also seeing this on some regular forum posts, where oddly enough some pictures come out fine and others show up as the X picture icon.

This seems to have been affecting some since the board changeover a couple weeks ago. It started affecting me today.

Ah, I came here to report the same issue. I even tried reuploading it.

Odd that Meriweather's countdowns are still there. Of the three X's in my sig, one is a countdown. It s an official DIS countdown for the Wish MV. The other two X's are small graphics.

me too, it started today

edit: removed images ☹️

Last edited:

It started for me today also when I tried to post a picture in my post! I have cleared my history etc. What is going on? I do not have any countdowns or pictures in my signature. I just can't post pictures!

Last edited:
I've got the red Xs on my posts and others as well. It started yesterday for me seeing other posts (I didn't post anything yesterday).

I just completed a post on my Trip Report and pictures are all missing???

Hope we get an answer to this one!!

I just completed a post on my Trip Report and pictures are all missing???

Hope we get an answer to this one!!

Replying to myself here.....

I went into edit the post, thought I could copy and repost but the pictures then appeared as normal. Not sure if the issue has been permanently fixed or not though.

Red X's for me as well. I'm guessing it's for urls that aren't approved where the images are housed (since in the signature you have to use a link not upload images yourself). Mine two signature photos are both housed on imgur
Interesting when I put mine in the post it came up as a photo just fine but still X's in the signature.
So either admin will have to approve sites like i.imgur.com or we'll need to figure out sites that are approved and move signature photos there to use.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter