• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does it actually feel like in Luigi's cars

So, I am (technically) not old, but this is the ONE ride I actually injured myself on.
It was SO jerky and I must have turned in just the right (wrong) way to pull my mid-back. I was literally hobbling around the entire next week after getting off this ride.
Now, will that stop me from riding it again? Probably not. LOL

More original Luigi lovers here. Man would we laugh on that ride, so much fun! I think 2 things doomed it. Weight. DS and I aren't 200 pounds together and we could get our tire going good. Add in DH's 200 pounds and we were duds in the tires. There was also a learning curve - you had to lean together a little, too much of a lean (which is what you naturally wanted to do) and you were duds again.

The new ride has always been smooth for us, but it's meh at best to us.

I love that watching the ride makes the line not seem so bad. It's neat to get to see the whole "dance" and you lose that perspective when you're in the car. Still a fun ride, but not if the line's too long.

I'm a huge fan of the new ride. As long as the line's under 15 minutes, I always try to make it on, especially with friends. The ride is usually very smooth, with minimal jerking depending on which song/dance is played. Very fun when you're not quite sure where you're going :)

So, I am (technically) not old, but this is the ONE ride I actually injured myself on.
It was SO jerky and I must have turned in just the right (wrong) way to pull my mid-back. I was literally hobbling around the entire next week after getting off this ride.
Now, will that stop me from riding it again? Probably not. LOL

This made me LOL. I am a pretty fit 51 yo but I did have a back injury (burst disk) a few years ago. I am fully recovered but I just happened to "tweak" my back a bit just before my trip last June so it was a bit sore. We toured Disneyland for 4 days and Six Flags Magic Mountain for a day and I rode every ride with no back brace including X2 at SFMM (crazy **** ride) with absolutely no problems (excpept for a bit of soreness/stiffness). On roller coasters I just brace myself with my legs and use them to take the load off my back.

Anyway, I had no issues riding all the thrill rides, roller coasters, Indy, Star Tours, etc....

So which ride hurt my back the most? Luigi's of course! Towards the end of the ride the car goes over these little tracks and the car kind of jackhammers your back a bit. The seat is hard plastic and there is no shock absorption whatsoever. And of course I was totally unprepared and not bracing myself with my legs when it happened. It hurt badly and re-tweaked my back. I couldn't do much but LOL at being injured on a kiddie ride of all things. :)

This made me LOL. <snip>

So which ride hurt my back the most? Luigi's of course! Towards the end of the ride the car goes over these little tracks and the car kind of jackhammers your back a bit. The seat is hard plastic and there is no shock absorption whatsoever. And of course I was totally unprepared and not bracing myself with my legs when it happened. It hurt badly and re-tweaked my back. I couldn't do much but LOL at being injured on a kiddie ride of all things. :)

OMG, I am so glad it wasn't just me. (Not that I am glad you hurt yourself! I hope you are feeling better!)
It was near the end when I tweaked my back as well. Not during the spinning part. Honestly I would not have believed it if I hadn't lived it. I also just had to laugh at myself. I of course couldn't hurt myself doing something cool! LOL And of course I will ride it again when we go back. I will just remember to brace myself for the WHOLE ride this time. We will keep our secret to ourselves as to what ride hurt us, ha ha ha!

I have to say, I went a few weeks ago with my mom, so we're both adults and we LOVED this ride! I'm a huge thrill ride lover but Luigi's is such a cute ride, love the changing songs with Hey Mambo being my favorite, and looks lovely at night with the lights on. Never waited longer than 10 minutes and worth it in our opinion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter