What does everyone think of Disney After Hours

Depends when you go and the hours. I'm doing DAH on April 11th and the park closes at 10pm that day so DAH is until 1am however you get in at 7pm so I will get 6 hrs in the park. I will say that it is kind of expensive but since it will just me I didn't mind and I also used my AP discount so it was only $95 instead of $125.
We are there that week and also doing the MK one on 4/11. Also doing the DHS one on April 6th...

Here's my personal opinion on these...I think it's a great way to compliment a trip so that one is not stressing over doing rides during the day and jamming that in...Disney is much more than just the rides but it is hard to have that mentality when one has to have a strategy akin to solving a Geometry puzzle using the Pythagorean theorem.

I look at it in that it allows me and my family to have more down time and flexibility during our trip knowing that we can hit all the major headliners at these parks without sacrificing tons of time or ability to enjoy all the other things Disney has to offer and still be able to make it into a "vacation".

It comes at a cost...sure...but we are at lifestage where we will gladly spend on things like this than say on character breakfasts and meals or things like that...

I’m going to my first DAH at MK on 4/4 and I’m super excited. It’s our last day, and we always spend our last day in MK for as long as possible so I think it’s a great way to end the trip. The short waits for rides will be awesome, and I intend to go to town on the popcorn lol, but I’m really looking forward to enjoying the more relaxed atmosphere. It’ll be a nice way to enjoy our last night.

It’s a splurge, sure, but at the end if the day it doesn’t break us and it’s a new way to experience Disney, which I’m always looking for.

I really enjoyed DAH in MK last September. It was so nice to get on the rides without the crowds. The popcorn & ice cream were a very nice bonus too. My only regret was not taking a rest before the event started because we had been at parks since rope drop & we were pretty tired not even halfway through the event. I won’t make that same mistake again!

We have done two at MK, doing a 3rd next Monday. These wait times (8:40 tonight) make it worth it. PLUS navigating the park with no crowds is such a nice bonus.

Screenshot_20190124-204034_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20190124-204043_Disney World.jpg

For the DAH at HS is it only the TSL rides like the the morning event?

No, it includes other rides too. Here's the blurb from the website:

Hollywood at Night
When the sun sets, more magic awaits at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after dark.

Disney After Hours gives a limited number of Guests—including you—access to unforgettable experiences on select nights through April 2019.

Ride exciting attractions, meet favorite Characters and play BIG at Toy Story Land lit up at night! You’ll enjoy little-to-no-wait times at*:

*All attractions and entertainment are subject to change without notice.

Ice Cream, Popcorn & Select Beverages Included!
In the midst of the laughs and thrills, be sure to chill out with ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages—included in the cost of admission—available at carts stationed throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition, you can also purchase menu items at select locations throughout the park.

And remember: only a limited number of tickets are available for each night. Be sure to purchase your tickets today!

This thread has more information including some reviews of it:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...lywood-studios-faq-discussion-thread.3715403/

No, it includes other rides too. Here's the blurb from the website:

Hollywood at Night
When the sun sets, more magic awaits at Disney’s Hollywood Studios after dark.

Disney After Hours gives a limited number of Guests—including you—access to unforgettable experiences on select nights through April 2019.

Ride exciting attractions, meet favorite Characters and play BIG at Toy Story Land lit up at night! You’ll enjoy little-to-no-wait times at*:

*All attractions and entertainment are subject to change without notice.

Ice Cream, Popcorn & Select Beverages Included!
In the midst of the laughs and thrills, be sure to chill out with ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages—included in the cost of admission—available at carts stationed throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition, you can also purchase menu items at select locations throughout the park.

And remember: only a limited number of tickets are available for each night. Be sure to purchase your tickets today!

This thread has more information including some reviews of it:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...lywood-studios-faq-discussion-thread.3715403/

Ok thank you. Hopefully they will have it available in September. Right now they only have it on Apr 6 and 13th, I arrive the 7th and leave the 13th. HS is my favourite park so I would love to do the DAH there. Right now I do have a ticket for MK on Apr 11th.

Ok thank you. Hopefully they will have it available in September. Right now they only have it on Apr 6 and 13th, I arrive the 7th and leave the 13th. HS is my favourite park so I would love to do the DAH there. Right now I do have a ticket for MK on Apr 11th.

So close! I've wanted to try the EMM at MK and I always miss that by a day or so! We did this event last week and it was a lot of fun, hope it works out for you in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter