What does everyone buy at Costco?

ski_mom

DIS Veteran
We recently got a Costco membership through the Groupon deal. We went the other day to active our card and we looked a little, but it was only about 30 minutes before closing, so we didn't have a lot of time.

We're about an hour from the closest store, but we get to that area at least once a month. I don't see us doing a lot of grocery shopping due to the distance we'd have to take it home, but just wondered what other things everyone gets?

I'm hoping to put our membership to good use!

Lots of stuff: laundry detergent, keurig pods, produce, fish, roast chicken, vitamin water and Bai drinks, organic free range eggs, snacks, vitamins, paper goods.

I sometimes buy clothing and we've gotten some electronics there.

At Christmas I buy various goodies.

Tires (we have 4 vehicles, and the savings on tires is tremendous).

Eyeglasses.

Fruit/veggies, particularly organics.

Organic chicken....best price bar none.

Milk.

Eggs (organic)

Yogurt (love the Kirkland branded product).

Laundry detergent.

Backpacks.

Casual clothing.

Running shoes.

Undergarments, except for bras.

Shampoo and conditioner.

Lunch box items (bread, pre-sliced cheeses, meats, individual portion food items suitable for packing).

Pasta (they have an organic line that is excellent).

Jasmine rice.

Organic flour.

Olive oil (Kirkland brand)

Balsamic vinegar (Kirkland brand)

Major source of my holiday shopping.

Wine (best prices and quality).

In other words, just about everything. I spend probably $400-500 a month there, but it is the MAJOR source of all groceries for our family.

We buy their kitchen garbage bags (last about a year for us, it's insane!), all paper products.. Toilet paper, tissues & paper towels. Also dish soap.. Again this lasts forever!!!
There's also better deals on pills, like heartburn meds, Culturelle etc. We love Costco!!

Paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, laundry and dishwasher detergent, meats, some produce, granola bars and other snacks, cheese sticks, peanut butter, floss, makeup remover cloths and we also have used the vacation services and auto buying service. I have also bought tires from there too. They send a monthly coupon catalog and I tend to stock up on things I need.

Lots....my favorite store :teeth:

Ink cartridges for computer, chicken, lunch meat, eggs, lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, fruit depending on season, cheese, sausages, tomato sauce, tuna, peanut butter, herbs, vitamins, chips, candy, snacks, books, clothes, laundry detergent, tea, light bulbs, paper towels, toilet paper, napkins..... and on and on. Always changing, always an ad.
And gas at their gas station. It is only about 15 minutes from me and an area I am in often, but I started shopping there 3 house and 2 states ago....since 1985.
Hot dogs and chicken bakes at the food station. Tires.

You know, I started to type a really long list and realized I'd be here all day.
We are now a family of 3 and don't buy as much of the dry goods ie cereals, chips etc as I did when we were a family of 4 and that 4th was a huge football playing teenage male.

We get all our Dog/Cat food from Costco - the Kirkland Brand
All our laundry detergents and fabric softeners
Paper Towels and TP
Ziplock Bags
Trash bags, trash cans and household fans are all Costco staples

Most of our fresh meat, frozen hamburger patties and tubes to scramble along with Turkey patties, Hebrew National hotdogs, shrimp, bacon and sometimes if I am in the mood their frozen veggies (generally in the winter when fresh is not as plentiful)

I don't buy much of their pre-made fresh/frozen entrees as DH is fussy and won't eat many things.

Their fresh foods deli has some goodies - the Chicken Alfredo and Mac & Cheese are yummy as is the Quinoa Salad

We buy some produce, bagged salads and fruit - generally grapes, berries and watermelons

Good prices on sliced cheese, we are partial to Tillamook Cheddar

We are a Costco family - I'd take a cooler and head out, to us it is worth the drive - when we first moved to Texas the Costco was a little over an hour - we took coolers.
Now, we have one 10 minutes and shop there every other week.

We've been shopping at Price Club or Costco since about 1985 from Calif to Nevada to Texas.
My 15 year diamond anniversary band came from Costco!

Toilet paper, bottled water, kleenex, paper towels, airwick air freshners, trash bags (that have lasted us like 1 1/2 years-it's the small trash liners), chicken breasts, milk (though we do buy that elsewhere just depends on where we are at), clothes at times, meatballs, gasoline, etc I know I'm forgetting some stuff. We are lucky though that we have 2 in our area within a 15-20min (depends on traffic) drive.

Our local Costco is so crazy, there is usually a 40 min wait for gas and another 30 min wait just to make an appointment for tire rotation and then wait again in line to tell them you are there for the tire rotation appointment!

Organic milk
Eggs
All meat and fish
Honey
Yogurt
Cooking magazines
Almond milk
Flour
Spices I use a lot of
Bottled water
Oatmeal
Fruit
Cheese

I'm lucky since my COSTCO is 10 minutes away.
Their "brand" Kirkland is very good.
Kirkland Paper towels are the BEST!

DOGFOOD,paperbowls, ziplock bags, coffee, food items, KIRKLAND MARGARITA MIX!!!, and a variety of other things. They regularly send out a flyer with the months $$ OFF items so I'll wait and get 2 or 3 or those at a time.

I utilized the COSTO autobuy thing a year ago. The dealer/Costco was a very fair price. WE couldn't buy at that time but when I am ready, I will go thru Costo again and see the deal I can get.

I love the 2 patio chairs I got there too. Great price!

The pumpkin pie is awesome. That's something to look forward to SOON!!

AND GAS. My regular stop

wow, I'm definitely going to have to make a plan to check it all out some Saturday when we've got time. Do you guys all have the Executive membership? They talked me into upgrading to it. Sounds like a no-lose situation (at least for the first year) since you get the price back if you don't earn the entire $60 back. Seems like with the big purchases, it would definitely be worth it!

butter, milk, yogurt, half and half, eggs, romaine, kale salad mix, peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, pineapple, butternut squash, bananas, muffins, bread, lunchmeat, feta, steaks, chicken, bacon, laundry soap, dryer sheets, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet paper, paper towels, seltzer water, canned beans, some spices, peanut butter, pasta sauce (Victoria brand is awesome) many types of dried fruits, gum, lunch sized chip bags, chocolate covered mint cookies, cakes, cheesecake and pies from bakery, bagels, ink cartridges, my husband buys tons of clothes there, some kitchen wares, luggage, magazines and books, travel, rental cars, eyeglasses and contact lenses, all our gas! And I'm sure much, much more. I'm there at least 2 days a week if not 3. Spend more there than the grocery store. The day the rewards check comes is our 2nd favorite day of the year next to Christmas, Usually in the neighborhood of $700+. We love Costco!!

Also, don't spend your reward check there, cash it out and use it for your spending money. Your losing your rebate from the credit card for anything you pay in cash.

I buy quite a few groceries there, but the one thing that is definitely worth the membership for me is the grain free dog food. The price savings is way more than the membership cost.

They also offer sales (instant coupons) on a regular basis, so I will stock up on essentials whenever I see them on sale (toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, toothbrush replacement heads, etc)

Me either. It's always been just me or 1 other person, so I didn't think it was worth it. Also, not convenient at all.

I got a free 30 day trial membership a few years ago, but decided not to join. While there are many quality products there, I didn't think it would be worth the membership fee to me. A lot of the products I buy are cheaper at supermarket sale prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter