What does a Disney trip cost you?

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right forum, if not please move. :)

I'm just curious to hear from awesome DISers what an average Disney trips costs them. I'm hoping to hear from some FL residents to see what our totals are like. The most expensive trip I believe hubby and I ever had was back in 2000 when we went to Disney and Universal for 8 days I believe it was. We did 4 days at Disney and 2 at Universal and had one down day and left a day for nothing but travel. That trip hit over $2000. Hubby was still in the military then, so it didn't hurt us too bad. We were still living on base so we didn't have rent or utilities to pay. (Gee I miss those days!) :crazy: Now, our trips, before spending money is totaled in, stay below $1500. Our current trip is at $1200 for tickets, room and memory maker. Hubby hasn't decided if he's going yet. If he does, he'll bump that up another $200 putting us at $1400. Disney has the special Florida Discovery Ticket they are selling right now which runs $175 for the 3 day or $20 more for the 4 day. We're doing the 4 day. I planned on taking about $600 for spending money. I believe we'll probably only use about 1/2 of that. I took the $600 and divided by the days we are there. That's $120 for my son and I to spend a day! :teacher:Unless I just totally lose track on what we're spending daily, I think we're going to be just fine. Now of course if hubby goes....I'll add another couple hundred to our spending money to be safe.

We're staying at the All Stars as my signature shows for 5 days and 4 nights. Our tickets are base tickets, no hoppers and we are doing Memory Maker. We are not doing the dining plan or any ADRs because of our kosher diet. We'll eat the majority of our meals offsite. That can be a pretty penny sometimes, but we're used to it. ::yes::

So....how do your Disney trips look DISers? party:

Well so far Round Trip flights to TPA were 220.00 after miles. Car rental right now we have a van reserved for 750.00 but don't really need a van. A full size a would be fine but I can't find a deal right now.
Two weeks at POP
8/17-8/31
for 2 adults and 2 Disney kids adults 4700.00
8 day park hopper with Wp
Memory maker
and FQSDP
Total for transportation and resort stay 5700.00
Dog sitter for three dogs for two weeks 725.00

Optional
H2o nights for 4 260.00
1 Desert party for 4 280.00
1 AH event for 4 500.00 mY OPT FOR mnsshp Instead for 340.00
CP breakfast 125.00
Story book dining at AP 225.00

Room at POR for 8 nights for 1 adult 2 adult-priced kids, PH w/ water parks, reg dining, no memory maker : 5500 something . Flights will be around $200/p, and adding in about $200 for water, tips, etc, another 200 for things we can’t live without lol, looking at between $6500-7500. Yes, I know it’s a lot, especially for a moderate, but it’s my tax refund basically, and it’s what makes me happy!

Room at POR for 8 nights for 1 adult 2 adult-priced kids, PH w/ water parks, reg dining, no memory maker : 5500 something . Flights will be around $200/p, and adding in about $200 for water, tips, etc, another 200 for things we can’t live without lol, looking at between $6500-7500. Yes, I know it’s a lot, especially for a moderate, but it’s my tax refund basically, and it’s what makes me happy!

Hey! I get it! Our refund is what allows our trip to happen. Only need $1800 of it. Hubby can have the rest for his computer upgrade! :cloud9:

My next trip is in 13 days. We own DVC, so nothing for the 10 nights during our stay (I just paid our 2019 dues, totaling $2016.00). We have 5 nights in a 2 bedroom at Old Key West, then 5 nights in a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. Our flights are free with Delta rewards points. I have an annual pass, so nothing for my park tickets at the time of the trip. Purchased three 9 day park hoppers for my hubby and sons, before the price hike, so around $1500ish. We'll cook several meals in our DVC condo, but we do have a table reservation for 7 days of our stay. I allocate $45 per person for those...some meals are more, some less.

I'm going again in May with two of my girlfriends for another 10 night stay. Five in a 2 bedroom at Boulder Ridge in Wildnerness Lodge, and five in a Savanna view at Kidani Village in Animal Kingdom Lodge. No cost for the rooms, free plane ticket, annual pass....so only the cost of food.

In August, my daughter and I are going for a week in a studio at Old Key West. Annual passes, no cost for the room, free plane tickets. Out of pocket for food, and since it's for the DIS Unplugged party, the cost for the party tickets.

It's kind of hard to break it out for us, because we have bought APs the past several years. So one trip costs an absolute fortune due to ticket prices, but then all the other trips we make the rest of the year are very cheap. APs are something like $900/person, if I recall, and we're a family of 5. But then again, we got 50 park days out of them each time. So leaving those ticket costs "out", the rest of my costs for our longest trip are:

Two weeks lodging - $1250
Two weeks food - $700
Two weeks dog sitter - $400
Misc souvenirs - $200

This trip we rented dvc points. BLT theme park view for 6 nights 2 adults
Hotel =2200$
Tickets+photo pass= 1200$
Flights= 600$(assuming 300pp)
Food= 700$( guessing based off other trips)
Ticket extras= 700$(earlymorearly magic and mvmcp)

So about 6k after taxes. This is our anniversary trip so I don't mind the splurge and like many others have said our tax return will be paying for it .

2 of us going in May for 7 nights - we long ago transitioned from week-long trips to long weekends, but circumstances (catching up with some family members) being what they were we decided to do a week long stay.

Southwest flight down to Florida - $0 used points
1 night at a Universal hotel + tickets for 2 adults - $450ish (family obligation part of trip!)
2 Nights Bay Lake Tower in a Theme Park View room -$870 (bucket list stay)
4 nights Saratoga Springs -$880
7 day park hoppers -$940
Auto train home - $900 (another bucket list thing)
short 24 hour car rental - $0 used points

So we are at $4000 plus spending money. I try to budget at least $300 per day. We don't do the Dining Plan, and we usually do one sit meal per day. We do enjoy cocktails and they add up as well. What we don't usually spend money on is many souvenirs. I'll usually buy a coffee mug, husband might buy a t-shirt but that's about it.
Everything prepaid as I planned (saved and booked, saved & bought tickets) and I've got $$$ I've been setting aside for our daily spending money. I've also been buying a gift card every payday for months now and have those stockpiled away. This trip has been in the works since last summer- not our usual method of doing Disney, we usually don't plan far this far in advance!
We also usually stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club BUT this time we are trying two new resorts in a effort to broaden our horizons and try something new. I'll miss being right next to EPCOT, although we will have much easier access to Disney Springs to try those restaurants so that's good.

Our cheapest/most value trip happened in 2015. We went in April for 3 days and ended up upgrading our 3 day FL Resident Discover Disney tickets to Weekday Select AP's. They were $286 that year I believe. We went for about 25 days on those passes that year, so just over $10/pp/per day
My husband at the time was in the military. There is a perk called Armed Forces Vacation Club that has different vacation rentals you can rent for $299-$329/week. In May, they ran a promo for rent one week, get one free. So we ended up booking Aug 16-Aug 30 for only $329 total (no taxes or fees) at Orbit One Vacation Villas (2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, sleeper sofa) We ate breakfast every day in our villa, and dinner most nights. We packed lunch some days, ate Quick Service others. I had never eaten at a Table Service restaurant then and didn't really know any better. I don't think I spent much more than our regular grocery budget on food but we can factor in $200-$300 on extras. My sister and her daughter came with me and my 2 kids. My mom and niece came over from Tampa for a few days as well.
I would say that 2 week trip cost the three of us $300/passes, $329/hotel and $300 for food. So less than $1,000 for 2 weeks. It also was the last 2 weeks of a 6 week summer road trip while my ex-husband was deployed so I am not factoring in any gas or anything since we were on the road already.

This will be a semi budget trip. I’ve stayed offsite and spent less as well as made much more extravagant trips. I’ll be solo.

7 nights at Coronado Springs $675.15 (via Priceline)

AP $221.66 (prorated, assume approximate 30 visits/pass year)

EMM at DHS $84.14

TIW $75 (sharing cost with DD to be used on later family trips)

Gas $120

Parking $73 ($133-$60 for skipping housekeeping)

Extras $475 ($500 Disney GC purchased at Sam’s Club)

Total
$1723.95

I’ll be doing a bit of self catering. This is something I absolutely don’t mind on a solo trip. I’ll have yogurt/fruit/coffee for breakfast, an occasional brown bag wrap or salad at lunch and pre-frozen homemade leftovers for dinner. I do have a few QS meals planned as well as a blow-the-budget brunch at Cali Grill with a friend. I’ve also booked EMM at DHS which will take care of breakfast/lunch that day.

For our family of 5 a week long trip usually ends up $5-6,000. That's usually with staying at a deluxe on some sort of discount and we use points to fly for free. We pay OOP for food. Though our oldest will be 10 this year (squeezing one more trip in before his birthday) so our costs will go up soon! Our trip this summer is $3300 for 5 nights at a moderate and 5 day non-hopper tickets, not including food and extras. Went a little cheaper since we are doing a week long cruise afterwards.

5 nights in BWV studio
3 nights in AKV CL 1BR
Paid with DVC points - $0​
RT airfare on SWA w/ECBI
Paid with points - $42 for fees and ECBI; paid for with rewards program cash​
AP
Bought in Oct. with Disney GCs I earned from rewards programs in 2017/2018 - $0 OOP​
Food
Groceries for breakfast and snacks in room for 5 nights - $80 cash earned from rewards program in 2018 - $0 OOP
$400 for dining out - $0 OOP using earned Disney GCs​
Ground Transportation
$110 RT ground transport at home - paid for with credit card travel points
DME - $10 tips for drivers​
Shopping
$90 VISA GC from rebate​

All of our trips have been done differently so it's hard to say X amount for each time... sometimes we are off-site, sometimes on-site, last time it was just me and my husband, this time it's all 5.... so on and so forth. We'll be there in a few weeks, with all of us, and we likely won't be back for at least 2 years or so, so I'm doing the whole on-site and some dining reservations thing.

- Flights BUF to MCO - $44 (just taxes and fees -- rest paid for on Rapid Rewards points. But if we had to pay out of pocket would have been close to $1500!)

- 7 nights CBR - $1000 ("gift of magic" room offer, so only the fri and sat dates are full price)

- Food out of pocket -- hoping to stay under $1000. We eat breakfasts in the room every day except 1 day we have a breakfast ADR. 4 total ADRs for the duration of the trip, everything else QS. I also bring in snacks with me.

- 6 day tickets for 2 adults, 3 children, non-hoppers - $1942 on UT (4 days get 2 free)

- Dogsitter (family member) - $40

- Kids got Disney gift cards for Christmas from my parents so they can each get a souvenir, $25 each but $0 for us

So we are right around the $4k mark, the real total will depend on what the food turns out being for real. For us the largest cost is always the tickets, which will be even higher once my oldest becomes a "Disney adult" in 2 years.

July 2019, 6 night at Pop Century, free dining, park hopper, 2 adults and 1 Adult child (age 11).....$2,625. Driving from Iowa so around $400 for expenses down and back. Total vacation around $3,000.

For our trip this past May, 9 days Pop Century (preferred room) QS meal plan and 8 day park hopper tickets for 2 adults....$3200 and our flight cost was $550 non stop round trip from San Diego to MCO. Total was around $3750 plus a bit more for spending money/souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter