What does 53 degrees feel like to you?

If it's in the low 50's when I'm at WDW, I wear capri's with a sweatshirt over a long sleeved tee shirt. As the day warms up, if it does, the sweatshirt goes around my waist.

That's about what I'd do. Denim capris, probably a short sleeved tee, though, and a light jacket that I can wear open if I want or close if the breeze blows.
:)

Have fun!

not sure - i have not felt that temp in over 4 months :rotfl2:

but.......i will NEXT WEEK :cool1: I will let you know how it feels during live reports each day :flower3: :beach:

I live in the south and that is chilly!! You might be chilly because it is a different kind of cold in the south. During the summer it is so humid. Well during the winter that moisture makes it feel colder than the tempurature says. Hope that makes sense,

Keep in mind that 53 degrees in a humid climate vs. 53 degrees in a dry one is VERY different. True, if you're used to below zero temps, 53 degrees in FL will not feel so bad, but it is STILL chilly. That dampness in the air will chill you right down to the bone, and it's hard to shake. Definitely not shorts and tanktop weather.

We were there last week were one day the high was 50 and the next the high was 60. We did not see anyone in shorts, almost everyone had on mittens/gloves (with Mickey Heads on them of course), lots of hats, a few scarfs and a ton of sweatshirts and coats too. The sun was out but it was windy so it felt much colder

I appreciate the feedback from those that have gone this month. I'm doing my packing now and just waiting until tomorrow night to check the forcast before I zipper the suitcase shut for good! I'm just doing a F-Sun visit.
Like right now I have a sundress, 1 tank, a few l/s, 1 s/s, 2 sweatpants, 1 sweater, 2 capris (longer), and 1 pair of jeans. I really feel I will be taking out the sundress and adding a few zippered sweaters I can layer. I hate getting chilled to the bone.

I really wish it were like :beach: . I'd take hot and sweaty over chilled and frozen.

We were there in Nov and it was 39 one morning. Wore shorts every second of my vacation. Going next week and it will be shorts all week again. I guess I'm a little more hard core than some.

I'm in Kansas, so 53 degrees would be a heat wave for us right now! People start walking outside with no jackets on when it reaches the 50's.

I think you need more than a backpack per person probably.

I know I don't trust a weather report more than 24hrs old, and even those have been vastly wrong often enough. Even at WDW!!!!!

It could easily be warmer or dip cooler than that while you are in Orlando. This time of year, you could hit a warm day where you'll be fine in shorts all day and night. You could also hit days where you'll want long pants all day. It could happen that you'll want long pants every day. Most days, you'll probably wear shorts and t-shirt witha heavy sweatshirt for the mornings. At night you'll probably want to put on long pants and socks.

This time of year is very tricky weatherwise, and requires extra clothes. Unless you want to be stuck wearing the same outfit all week.

53 last week was a little chilly....jeans and a jacket was what we used..

53 here in bama....is almost warm..its different down in florida

Right now, where I live it's below zero. I have forgotten what 53 degrees feels like. Will we northerners think that's shorts weather? Will my kids want a coat or will a sweatshirt suffice. Of course, 53 is the projected overnight low, so I'm not sure how cold it will actually get while we're in the parks (most close by 7 or 8 pm). Advice? We are packing extremely light, no checked baggage only a backpack per person for the six of us!

COLD! bring sweatshirts or lighter jackets for the kiddo'spixiedust:

We were there last week also. It was jeans and sweatshirts for us AND lots of hot chocolate. It was okay, though, because we knew it was in the teens back home:)

I think 53 degrees is springtime to me! Have lived in NY NJ for so many years, when I come to florida and its 53 i wear capris and a t shirt. I do carry a sweatshirt at night. Have been here since Dec 18 and the weather does change alot. Hardly wear long pants, just 2 days last week when they had the cold weather here. But most days its capris and shorts and like others have said, just tie the sweatshirt around your waist. My local friends are always cold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter