What do your parents do (or did) for a living?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
My dad was a professor and my mom was an elementary school teacher. Both are retired now. :)

My father was an attorney and my mother a SAHM and part time actress in our local community theatre.

My dads worked at GoodYear in the factory (was common in Akron for people to work in tire plants) and my mom worked in a plastic facotry, shes retired, My dad has died

Dad was a CA for CN (railroad) for 44 yrs.Too long for me

Mom was SAHM, then became a funeral director.:eek:

My Dad managed the facility for GE that tested the Saturn rockets for NASA then later managed a utility company. My mom was a SAHM most of the time but did work a little as the church secretary.

My Dad (who passed in 1977) worked for the Highway Department in Massachusetts and my Mom currently works for HESS Oil in St.Croix, USVI.

My father was an executive for a company in NYC, my mom just stayed home, didn't work.

My Dad was an electrical engineer. My Mom worked for IBM as a technician and then in the training department. They are both retired.

My dad retired from the Air Force when I was about 2, then he became a property appraiser for the county. My mom was a SAHM.

Dad was a chemical engineer, mom was a music teacher/substitute teacher/singer/landscape designer/etc. They're both retired.

My mom was a nurse, and my dad worked for a local gas company (a laborer position, not exactly sure what it was called).

Funny enough, my dad spent all those years hating on management and anyone who worked in the office. You know, there's usually a big chasm between management and laborers. Well, after my dad retired, my DH ended up being a director in the IT dept for the same company. It took my dad quite a while to get over it. :teeth:

My Dad was a CPA and my mom was a part time Model(in her younger Mommie days) and homemaker, later a civic Leader-keeping commercial areas out of our suburban neighborhoods, then when Dad died and left her with 4 kids to raise, she was a bookeeper and then A Certified Public Secretary.

My mom was a SAHM and my dad worked for Lucent Technologies. I don't remember what he did there...he retired about 5 years ago.

My mom worked Civil Service for the Army for 30 years, now she is retired. I can't say on here what my father did :rotfl2: (They divorced when I was 1) Actually, he was in the Army for many years, retired and don't know what he did then, I know what he didn't do (I've seen him twice in 33 years)

Suzanne princess:

Dad was a process engineer for General Foods who retired at 52 and became a wine consultant. He is now fully retired at 70.

Mom was a SAHM, then pre-school teacher, then day-care center director, then travelling consultant/troubleshooter for a national day care provider. She retired from that a few years ago and has taught early childhood development classes at a local community college.

My mom went back to work when my younger brother went to 1st grade. She worked part time in retail then she went to work at a credit union. She's been there for over 20 years. She has bypassed many promotions :confused3 and remains a teller and credit card processor.

My dad was a trucker and now he owns his own moving company with clientele ranging from single parents he gives discounts or those getting a divorce (ie especially women and children who were abandoned by their husbands/fathers) to high end clientele such as celebrities and corporate folks.

Mom was a SAHM. Dad worked for McDonnell Douglas Astronautics. Don't know exactly what he did as it was classified. He worked on just about every space project they had. He retired 13 yrs ago and now works at a golf course part time. That way he gets free golf forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter