What do you wish were in Downtown Disney?

Disney specialty stores. Or brands that aren't normally sold at the Parks but have Disney themed items. I love the idea of a HerUniverse/Loungefly one mentioned above. Harveys or whatever the one with all the shirts is, that type of stuff. We went on December and couldn't find a single shirt my dad liked, it's all printed tshirts or character sweathshirts. A store with more subtle Disney details like a polo shirt with a mini Mickey embroidered on the pocket or similar would be appreciated .

Seconding In N Out and Erin McKenna's.

Honestly, I don't think an In N Out would cut into DL's profit margin too much. We never leave the parks to eat in DTD, it wastes too much time and I don't think we're alone in that. Besides can you imagine the wait times? Yikes! I'd say most people would stick to places with ADRs, mobile order, or a place with short lines. In N Out would be great for an end of the day 'to go' order to take back to your hotel.

I LOVE Erin's. We hit up Disney Springs on our arrival day and I load up on GF breakfast items & cupcakes and put them in our RV fridge. Breakfast, done and dusted. After all, there's nothing wrong with a cupcake for breakfast, right?

Sprinkles is ok, but I've only seen the Red Velvet as GF. Maybe if they had more variety I'd like it better.

Disney specialty stores. Or brands that aren't normally sold at the Parks but have Disney themed items. I love the idea of a HerUniverse/Loungefly one mentioned above. Harveys or whatever the one with all the shirts is, that type of stuff. We went on December and couldn't find a single shirt my dad liked, it's all printed tshirts or character sweathshirts. A store with more subtle Disney details like a polo shirt with a mini Mickey embroidered on the pocket or similar would be appreciated .

These types of items are already sold all over property. They are just scattered around. The nicer clothing is in the resort gift shops and that store in Adventureland (they sell some nice polos and Tommy Bahama Disney items). The Harvey's can be found in DCA, and the Loungefly bags are EVERYWHERE. HerUniverse has a lot of Star Wars and Marvel designs in various locations.

Or do you mean you want all these things in one place?

These types of items are already sold all over property. They are just scattered around. The nicer clothing is in the resort gift shops and that store in Adventureland (they sell some nice polos and Tommy Bahama Disney items). The Harvey's can be found in DCA, and the Loungefly bags are EVERYWHERE. HerUniverse has a lot of Star Wars and Marvel designs in various locations.

Or do you mean you want all these things in one place?
Yeah, it's 100% useless to tell me it's sold inside the Parks or other places out of the way. The question was about Downtown Disney. Not everyone can just casually go shopping in DCA on a day trip.

A really good reasonably priced simple burger place. We enjoyed d’luxe burger in Disney springs. I find the choices for simple family based food seem to be lacking in downtown Disney when compared to Disney springs. Also loved chef Art Smith’s Homecoming which would be a great addition to downtown Disney along with a cookie place like crumblcookies and Amorette’s Patisserie. I think the mix of food places has changed since they removed espn world ( I think that was what it was called) and a few other things. It is less family friendly with young children and geared more towards locals who want to go for dinner. It is shame as Disneyland is my favourite park but when comparing downtown Disney to Disney springs WDW wins.

Yeah, it's 100% useless to tell me it's sold inside the Parks or other places out of the way. The question was about Downtown Disney. Not everyone can just casually go shopping in DCA on a day trip.

Most of the things you mentioned are offered outside the parks. Her Universe has a large presence in the Star Wars outpost store by the monorail station as well as the Disney Dress Shop. The Disney Dress shop and World of Disney have the Harveys/Loungefly stuff as well as fancier men's shirts. The resort gift shops also have "resort wear" type stuff. My husband bought a button down Tommy Bahama shirt at the Grand Californian during our last stay.

Most of the things you mentioned are offered outside the parks. Her Universe has a large presence in the Star Wars outpost store by the monorail station as well as the Disney Dress Shop. The Disney Dress shop and World of Disney have the Harveys/Loungefly stuff as well as fancier men's shirts. The resort gift shops also have "resort wear" type stuff. My husband bought a button down Tommy Bahama shirt at the Grand Californian during our last stay.
That's very nice. When we were there, there were none.

Marugame or a similar Ramen Restaurant. I'd rather have ramen than dumplings from Dai Tai Fung.
A good southern restaurant something like Homecomin' in Disney Springs or a seafood boil.
Authentic Mexican food. It's California, that shouldn't be hard. Idk, the only chain I can think of is Tito's tacos.
For Dessert SideCar Donuts but they would be competing with RB's beignets.
Instead of La Brea, I'd prefer Boudin Bakery.
Oh! and bring back the Fresh Caramel Popcorn Cart! That was the BEST caramel corn ever. Disney can't compete. The lady used to sell it at the fair, and moved on to selling it at DTD, but something happened financially and she closed her business probably 10 plus years ago.

I see lots of items on the Loungefly and HerUniverse websites that I’ve never seen in the parks (the Hercules Muses crossbody comes to mind) and it would be great if that exclusive merchandise could be sold in Downtown Disney. Wouldn’t it be cool if there were Downtown Disney exclusive products?
Similarly, the Dress Shop has such a nice location and it’s a spacious space to browse - I just wish their selection were better.
Downtown Disney has a huge captive audience of locals and tourists - it would be great if Disney could actually maximize it and make it a fun place to be in its own right.
Ooh, I just thought of another place that would print money if it were in DD: Momofuku Milk Bar!

I love the idea of a convenience store where you could buy some basic things like water, snacks, first aid items, etc.

I would love a donut shop. Something simple with outdoor seating and a walk up window. I would be so happy if there was a Dunkin Donuts in DTD.

And coffee. I think they need like ten coffee places in DTD. It's always a challenge to get in the morning. At that hour I just want to get into the park, not wait in line for coffee.

Other great ideas already mentioned are quick services restaurants, and also more seating and wider pathways.

Some of the things Disney Springs has like the Vera Bradley store or Gideons Bakery.... Or the Coca Cola store, that place is awesome. Things that feel over the top to a theme park shopping space like Rainforest Cafe (bring it back!) or Planet Hollywood. I'm all for quality food but if you're on vacation, eating at the cheesy places like Rainforest Cafe are fun for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter