• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you use to help record trip details?

mrsashbaugh

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone uses an app to help record your trip information? There is no way I can remember everything after I get home to make a trip report. So what do you all use to help record details from your trip? Excited about our upcoming trip and would like to record all the details from each day. Thanks in advance for any and all tips!

I was wondering if anyone uses an app to help record your trip information? There is no way I can remember everything after I get home to make a trip report. So what do you all use to help record details from your trip? Excited about our upcoming trip and would like to record all the details from each day. Thanks in advance for any and all tips!

Might not be for everyone, but I use a video camera every year. I know it could be cumbersome to have a video camera with you but I've gotten used to it, plus with all the footage and pictures I gather I'm able to make a little montage of our past trips.

Starting the night before the trip, I refer to my (homemade) trip book to plan the next day. Once the trip starts, I plan what we'll do the night before AND write about the day in a notebook. When I come home, the trip report is basically written! :-)

Evernote!
You can type notes and format it to your liking, attach pictures, and links. Plus you can download it as an app and access it through any internet browser as well. I use it for everything, and it really helps organize your life/thoughts.

Have a fun trip!

I don't use an app. For the first trip, when I wanted to remember every.little.detail, I took a picture of DD in front of everything we did. It made a trip report easy, as I had a picture of everything, and it was all in order.

Eventually, though, I just printed out a list of rides/attractions, and at the end of the day, I just make a daily symbol (a star, a heart, a dot, etc., different for each day of the trip) of what we did that day, and a note on the side of the paper if we ate/did anything more memorable.

Evernote! You can type notes and format it to your liking, attach pictures, and links. Plus you can download it as an app and access it through any internet browser as well. I use it for everything, and it really helps organize your life/thoughts. Have a fun trip!

I second Evernote, great for trip planning too. Evernote Food is also fantastic if you're a foody, I use it document our meals, wines and cigars.

:-)

I've got an incredibly ancient Palm Zire 71, that has made many trips to WDW. I've even lost it there once - fell from my pocket on a bus while I was picking up a fallen water bottle. :eek:
It's got a handy little app called NotePad. I use that to scribble down stuff for my (so far unpublished) trip reports and any other notes. I import those notes into MS Word. Which in turn I can load back to it with an app called Documents to Go, by DataViz; that's available for quite a few platforms.
Also, DtG handles excel spreadsheets, so I can drop all of my park schedules and dining reservations into the Palm, and keep a running total of expenses.
As well, it has a small camera - not the biggest picture nor the best resolution, but handy for adding a quick "photo-note."

Same here, pictures & writing. I usually have an itinerary written out when we enter the park, so I use the back for my trip report ideas, and take tons of pictures of the silliest things, just as a reminder.

I wrote quick notes down on the hotel note pad when we got back to the hotel. It worked for us! :)

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm not sure I would be able to remember all the details once I get to the hotel and would probably be too tired to stay up and write down all what we did.

I've been searching the App Store for journaling apps. Someone from FB also mentioned using my voice recorder on my iPhone. I'll also check out Evernote. Oh, I also like the ideal of the printout of all the attractions and restaurants and making lil notes on it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter