What do you use for lost kid contact info?

NYEmomma

DIS Veteran
What's your favorite way to make sure your kids have your contact info somewhere on them in case they get lost? Sharpie on their arm? Sticker on their clothes? Note in their pocket? Temporary tattoo? Bracelet?

Just trying to weigh my options and see what's best. Last time we used a bracelet with our number on it but with the Magic Bands I don't them to have to wear 2 bracelets.

Just know if it is a note in the pocket that the CMs can't look for it unless it is handed to them. I would put it somewhere that it will be easily seen if "the parents get lost". I like the idea of writing it on them and putting liquid bandaid over it so it won't rub off as easily.

What's your favorite way to make sure your kids have your contact info somewhere on them in case they get lost? Sharpie on their arm? Sticker on their clothes? Note in their pocket? Temporary tattoo? Bracelet?

Just trying to weigh my options and see what's best. Last time we used a bracelet with our number on it but with the Magic Bands I don't them to have to wear 2 bracelets.

I have the shoe thing. I forget what it's called by DS doesn't not like tattoos or marker on him and a bra let hell take off.
It's a Velcro thing that goes on his laces.

Why don't you just write your number on the inside of the magic band? We are putting a contact card in their lanyard with their ticket! :earsboy:

You can get a dog tag :ssst: made at Walmart or any petshop and attach it to their sneakers or belt loops. One year DD had a Hello Kitty luggage tag attached to her belt loops. Another time we did a lanyard - she did not like having it around her neck all day.

When my kids were smaller we had Safety Tats printed with our cell phone numbers on them. They are temporary tattoos and last a long time!

Why don't you just write your number on the inside of the magic band? :earsboy:

This is what we plan to do.

My kids got the personalized leather bracelets on their first trip and I wrote my cell phone number on the inside. They used those for years. I figure this trip I will just write my number on the inside of the magic bands. They are older (will be 9 and 11 when we go), but I figure that's easier than them trying to remember our cell numbers with the stress of being lost.

I second Safety Tats. Super cute and it lasted about 4 days before we needed to apply a new one...that even with swimming everyday and being covered in sunscreen. There was enough in the pack to last mulit trips.

Used a sharpie and wrote my cell phone number on the inside of his tennis shoe. Had not ever used anything and had no plan to that trip and it ended up being crazy busy and he did not want a stroller. He was a just turned 5 and knew our cells but was also a bit shy. Worked perfect and he knew it was there and to show a CM . They were an older pair of shoes we wore for comfort so not really concerned about it not coming off but it really was not too noticeable.

My daughter has a set of bracelets, one with her name and medical info and one with my cell phone number. They're bead bracelets in Mickey colors.

I would try either sharpie or tat on each child at home before you leave to make sure that there are no reactions. this would not be a good time to have a child break out in a rash from either

I woke up in a panic about this and have been reading for a couple of hours on and off about it. I am incredibly frustrated with myself for not thinking about this prior, as we leave for WDW tomorrow. I have 4 kids under 5 and have recently experienced the indescribable fear of a child missing for 15-20 minutes at a local Christmas wonderland event. Scariest 20 minutes of my life. I cried upon locating my unassuming 5 year old who was totally oblivious to the fact that she had scared the daylights out of us. She was happily riding rides not realizing she wasn't around us or that we were in the least bit concerned.

So, in my search, I found that I would have ideally liked to have the safety tats. But I'm too late for those. So, I figured I'd write on the magic bands. Then it dawned on me, aren't the bands basically virtual ID tags? Certainly if they can link my credit card to the thing, they can pull up the phone numbers associated with the account, no? I even wonder if it is a value that WDW saw in the Magic Bands themselves. Anyhow, I'll be writing on their bands but figure in a pinch, the info is tied to the bands they'll already be wearing....

I woke up in a panic about this and have been reading for a couple of hours on and off about it. I am incredibly frustrated with myself for not thinking about this prior, as we leave for WDW tomorrow. I have 4 kids under 5 and have recently experienced the indescribable fear of a child missing for 15-20 minutes at a local Christmas wonderland event. Scariest 20 minutes of my life. I cried upon locating my unassuming 5 year old who was totally oblivious to the fact that she had scared the daylights out of us. She was happily riding rides not realizing she wasn't around us or that we were in the least bit concerned.

So, in my search, I found that I would have ideally liked to have the safety tats. But I'm too late for those. So, I figured I'd write on the magic bands. Then it dawned on me, aren't the bands basically virtual ID tags? Certainly if they can link my credit card to the thing, they can pull up the phone numbers associated with the account, no? I even wonder if it is a value that WDW saw in the Magic Bands themselves. Anyhow, I'll be writing on their bands but figure in a pinch, the info is tied to the bands they'll already be wearing....
I haven't seen reports that cm are using them that way. I believe what cm sees is limited by their role. Like a cashier wouldn't see your hotel information. Also it doesn't store your information in it it simply provides a link to the network where the information is stores. They would have to find a cm with pro ledges to view things like a cell phone number which can take time. I would want to be reunites as quickly as possible so a way any cm can view my contact information would always be a better option IMO

We use the dog tags and attach them to my son's sneakers... if you would like to do this it is not too late as most if not all the parks have a machine onsite that can make them on the spot. That's what we did.

I haven't seen reports that cm are using them that way. I believe what cm sees is limited by their role. Like a cashier wouldn't see your hotel information. Also it doesn't store your information in it it simply provides a link to the network where the information is stores. They would have to find a cm with pro ledges to view things like a cell phone number which can take time. I would want to be reunites as quickly as possible so a way any cm can view my contact information would always be a better option IMO

Oh, I'm not saying that they are used for this. But I could see it being possible and it'd make a whole lot of sense. As a parent, I'd love for this to be something they would incorporate into something like the Magic Band.

Personally, since our scare in December, we tell our kids to go to a predetermined meeting spot (which would be crazy difficult in a place as large as DW) or to find a worker/police officer/a mom with kids, in the event they are lost and explain they can't find us. At a place where they are already utilizing worn technology, it'd be awesome to me to have that additional piece of mind. Just my thinking, though. :)

We will be doing something else this trip and I will make it a suggestion in my survey after our trip ends next week.

Oh, I'm not saying that they are used for this. But I could see it being possible and it'd make a whole lot of sense. As a parent, I'd love for this to be something they would incorporate into something like the Magic Band.

If this were to happen you would have to have someplace in EVERY VENUE that could read this. The last thing the CM is told to do is to take the child out of the location that they were lost in. We are told to walk them around to look for the lost parent. If we can not find the parent in 15 minutes or so then we are suppose to take them to Guest Relations which might move them to the baby care center.

Good to hear what you all do in advance! I'm sure hopeful to not have to use this info in the coming week. Haha.

I don't know how the magic band system works, this is our first trip on it. But working in the tech side of the world, I'm sure there is some simple incorporation that could make it super easy & more convenient. Who knows? For now, my focus is whatever I do this trip short of tattooing my phone number on their foreheads. ;)

at least based on small park I work at the CM who finds your child will not repeat not have the ability to call your cell phone as they are not allowed on the person and most phones in buildings do not have offsite ability for calling. which is why CM is to walk child in area. in store CM will have to call someone to come for child as they will not be able to leave their area. at my park we call security who then comes and takes the child to their office which is also lost and found. at that point a parent number could be called as we have no ability to call even if we have the number to call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter