What do you think of these PS's for a first-timer?

wdwrookie

Earning My Ears
Hi There,

I made the following PS's for our upcoming trip to WDW. I have never been and my husband hasn't been in about 15 years (no kids yet). My goal was to combine great food with great experiences, realizing that the food at some places has gotten mixed reviews. Most lunches will be counter:

Dinner at Cinderella's. I thought the atmosphere would set the tone for the trip. Am I right?

One dinner at Alfredo's in Italy and one dinner at Teppanyaki at Epcot

Dinner at Fulton's Crab House

Lunch at Sci-Fi: I know the food here isn't supposed to be great. We are aware and are mainly going for the experience.

We are also going to be at Universal one day and IOA another. I'm not sure about dinners there yet.

Can't wait to go!

Looks like good choices to me. At Universal we really enjoyed our meal at margaritiville-great atmosphere.

I don't know about the other places, we have PS for Cinderella's castle in May, but Fulton's was great when we went there for our Honeymoon! Plan to go there this coming up trip also! Sci-Fi just looks cool, I may try to check that one out too!

Those look good, but I would recommend Le Cellier at Epcot. It is WONDERFUL.

Good choices! And we loved our lunch at Sci-Fi, but we stuck with the onion rings and burgers!

Don't know if you have your heart set on Teppenyaki, but if you want to save a few dollars, we also love Yakitory House - good food and a beautiful outdoor setting.

I think they look like good choices. You can't always base your choices on reviews because everyone's opinion is different. Though the majority of people may not like something, you just may be in the minority who loves it, you'll never know if you don't try it!

We ate at Cinderella's, and though a bit expensive, it was one of the best meals of our entire trip. Everything was good. We also enjoyed our lunch at Sci Fi. I booked that one despite the bad reviews and we were so glad I did! As the previous poster said, we stuck with burgers, onion rings (the best ever), and milkshakes. It was all delicious, on the expensive side for lunch, but delicious. DH and the boys loved the cars and the movies, too. We would definitely go back to both.

We ate at Cindy's on the first night of our last trip. The food was surprisingly good and eating in the castle set a very special tone for the start of our WDW vacation. Ask for a window seat. You never know!

Enjoy your trip!

--penny

since it's only the two of you, go to Artist's Point
my wife and I(no kids either)consider it our favorite in the whole world(disney world, that is):p

Your choices look good. But I agree on Fultons you might want to select another restaurant. Now I am a picky seafood eater being from Fla and all but this restaurant is overpriced and you are jammed into the dining areas. There are so many more restaurants that are much better.

If you really want seafood on property, I would recommend Flying Fish or Narcoossees.

I also dont feel Alfredos is very good. Their tables are much too close together.

Thanks for the responses.

I guess Fulton's isn't great? We are going because it's Good Friday and we sort of have to stick with seafood. Could those of you who don't care for it be a little more specific? I am from Boston and know my seafood, so please feel free to let me know what to expect. Thanks!

wdwrookie - I'm from Marblehead, and those of us on the North Shore have just been plain spoiled as far as fresh seafood goes - don't you agree? LOL!

You could also go to the Italian Pavillion in Epcot and get the Fettechini Alfredo (sp?) in keeping with lent! I think they have other pastas that are meatless, too.

Harambe, I agree completely! Alas, we are eating at Alfredo's on our second night. Also, our Italian mothers would kill us both if we didn't have seafood on Good Friday! ;)

I am looking at other seafood places. I just think that the menu at Fulton's would be most appealing to my husband. Considering we will probably do lobster and crab, it seems like the place. I'm sure the chowder will be a let-down no matter where we go (we don't realize how lucky we have it until we leave New England!). Thanks for the advice, though!:wave2:

It's not the food so much as the service. Absolutely the worst in all of WDW. Based on our 4 dinners there.
I did a really long post about all of it a while back--I don't think it's on my post archives any more tho---.
Anyway it was called "Fulton's-What exactly IS bad service??"
In it I detailed all the rude and indifferent service we got from servers, greeters, and even the table cleaning staff!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter