What do you think of the Liberty Tree Tavern?

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
I think this is the only full-service restaurant we haven't tried at MK, so maybe we'll give it a go if you give it the thumbs up!

We love it, and usually go there when we are in MK. For lunch, as you may know, it is a regular menu. For dinner, it is a character meal that is served family style.

For either lunch or dinner, we find it is a wonderful break from the pace of the park. It is nice to be waited on at lunchtime in the A/C. At dinner, we find the characters are among the best at any meal. They spend much more time with you than those at the Crystal Palace, for example.

I've eaten there twice for lunch...very nice! Sort of 'traditional' American fare - if you know what I mean. I'd go back for lunch again, plus I'd like to maybe try the character meal sometime.

Penny :D

Thumbs up! ;)

We've only been there once (for lunch) and were very impressed. I'm not quite sure what I expected it to be like, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'd be very happy to go back.

Debs, wasn't sure at the time but now think I liked it.

Re-read me drivel to be sure and here's what I said....

We did the circular route on the Railroad and headed back to Liberty Square. V loves Character Meals and eatin in Disney generally. I can take it or leave it – especially at $120 a throw – but I did fancy turkey and mash dinner. LTT is a first for us and I was impressed with the surroundins and getting me coffee in a china cup and saucer. The mixed green salad was surprisingly nice. Surprisin coz I don’t really ‘do’ salads and especially as the greens looked more like dock leaves than lettuce.
The meal was served ‘family style’, which means you pass the turines around the table makin sure J doesn’t get them ‘till the rest of us have a share. She likes her dinner’s me littl’un. The flank steak was pink in the middle but ‘melt-in-yer-mouth’ wonderful. The turkey breast just melted and the Honey Roast Ham was delicious. The garlic mash was everything we hoped for, as was the gravy. Finished off with macaroni cheese and mixed veg, it was a lovely meal. There wasn’t much of it, by our appetite standards, but what there was was very nice. I just wasn’t sure it was a $22 meal.
Simone, our server must have seen uz scrapin the veg bowl coz he was soon at me side askin if I’d like some more?
“Too right, Simon, mate!” Top lad!
He brought the lot again though we told him to hold the mixed veg and macaroni. Another helping each of steak, ham, turkey, mash and gravy and we’d had another Disney Wonder. No matter what they charge, whether it’s food or entertainment etc, don’t be afraid if it’s gonna be worth it.

It’s always worth more. Thank you, Walt.

Another big thumbs up for the Liberty tree tavern. I love the way they announce your family as they seat you, the CM outfits are of the era.........and if I recall correctly Spottydog finished up well fed ....so you know the portions are HUGE!!!!!

mike

Yet another thumbs up for the Liberty Tree Tavern.
Had an early lunch there to avoid the crowds: good food/portions & attentive service. I would definitely eat there again.

Mick

Deb - I'd just like to second all that SD said and add:

The dressing on the salad was devine which is probably why Dave warmed to it - it was a raspberry vinagrette and just made you eat more and more of it.

I loved the mashed potatoe.

We even paid extra and ordered desert which we shared which was a caramelised apple pie (I think) anyway it was gorgeous.

I loved the characters intheir colonial dress and they were so interactive - chip and dale were very naughty and goofy yet again flirted with me (wot can I say I attract people with big floppy ears!)

Service was good and we particularly liked getting hte last seating for this restaurant as when we left the park it was closed and it was great walking out of their without a soul around.

We would go back - I would love to try it at lunch time but Paul (not me ofcourse) insists on going here for a character meal!!;)

I'm afraid I have to be different and say that this was one of our least favourite and most disappointing dinners. We left the restaurant and all agreed we wouldn't rush back there again. The food was okay but our server was obviously having a bad day, he could've got the part of grumpy without the costume and the table we got sat at was in a dark, dingy, squashed between a pillar and on route to the kitchen, corner. The characters either rushed past or ignored us altogether but I think that was because the servers kept pushing them out the way to get to/from the kitchen!

Not on our list to do again next time.

Annmarie

Hmm, I thought it was just me that wasn't impressed. I would say it was ok, but I wouldn't rush back. I enjoyed the food, but we were in an ackward corner and it seemed like noone could squeeze past easily. Also, I don't remember a great deal of interaction, although we did see all the characters.

I was disappointed that we didn't see Mickey- but I guess that was a mistake on my part, because I was expecting him, but I don't think he is ever there. I should have studied the guidebook a bit more closely!

Mind you, it could have been that we were just shattered at the end of a long hot day, and not really in the mood for a 'fun' meal. I would say we preferred the Crystal Palace - but then we did that at the start of the day.

Bev

As mentioned above, the dinner is a character meal, and is served family style. I don't like buffets because it creeps me out to have all those people pawing over the food. But family style is served only to your party to share. Portions are usually generous, but if you want more of anything, they will bring whatever you want.

Like I said, we have found the characters at LTT to be the best. They tease, tell jokes, and generally spend a lot of time with you. I even got a foot massage from Chip, and a shoulder rub from Minnie! My father told some very off color jokes to Goofy that had to do with his bone......:rolleyes:

We liked it!

Chris and I telephoned on the morning before we left OKW and made a PS - which was the last one they had available for that day, so we were quite lucky.

We like the whole ambience of the era portrayed and really enjoyed the interaction with the Characters! Minnie took a definite shine to Chris - literally. Every time she went past, which was quite frequent - she stopped and run her hand over DH bald patch and planted a kiss on his head!

The food was very enjoyable - the meat was good, I dont eat much meat anyway - but what I had was lovely and Chris certainly enjoyed it.

The Salad was devine! The dressing as Sam says was to die for!

The potatoes and veggies were really good too and I think all in all we both said we would go back again. It was nice to sit in the AC and have a good meal in very convivial surroundings.

We had lunch there in Feb, 2 adults no kids (this time!)
DH loved it, the food was great and it was cool and relaxing. Desserts were fabulous and we liked the break in the middle of the day. We have PS for MNSSHP for dinner when we go in Oct. Now...how to break it to DH that it is a character meal....?;)

I think this goes well particularly well with traditional dinner eaters. It is one of the least adventurous menus, IMHO, in the whole of WDW, but what they do, they do extremely well. It is also worth noting that it is one of the few places that serves a healthy portion of vegetables for those who complain (quite rightly) that this is a forgotten item in many restaurants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter