What do you think of my tentative ADRs?

AimeeMichele

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I've made so many different versions of the below, it's a bit disturbing. :rotfl: I think I'm up to 8 versions in excel. Anyways, I figured what better place to ask opinions than the Disboards! Below is our ideal option, only because my older brother (my nephews' father) will be making a surprise appearance the last 3 days of our trip and he wants to attend MNSSHP and my oldest nephew (age 8) just has to see Fantasmic (we missed it last time). Since Fantasmic is only scheduled to be showing only twice during our stay, the below seems to be (at least to me) what would work best.

Please note: we need lots of sit down time as the youngest (age 4) will actually fall asleep right after he eats lunch and dinner and it's the only way to ensure he naps while at Disney. Plus, he has to stay up to see the Electric Water Parade and jump on the beds each night. :dance3: The boys also ask to go back home (aka the Grand Floridian) after lunch each day. By then, they've had enough of the parks and want to go in the hot tub or pool. I pretty much let them dictate when we go to the hotel as happy kids = a great vacation and unhappy/cranky kids = awful vacation.

Your thoughts and feedback are most appreciated it!

Saturday, October 16th (Travel/Hotel Day)
  • Breakfast 8am, on the airplane
  • Lunch whenever, Gasparilla's Grill
  • Dinner 5:30 pm, Chef Mickey's
  • MK for Spectromagic Parade (the oldest and myself may just attend...depends on whether or not the youngest wants to go)

Sunday, October 17th (MK Day)
  • Breakfast 7:45 am, our balcony (we want to get to the MK for their opening ceremony as my nephews have never seen it)
  • Lunch 11:30 am, Cosmic Ray's or Gasparilla's Grill
  • Dinner 5pm, Hoop Dee Doo Review

Monday, October 18th (Hotel day will rent a cabana)
  • Breakfast 9:00am, O'hana
  • Lunch 11:30 am, pool side service
  • Dinner 4:30pm, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby
  • Fantasmic 7:30pm, DHS

Tuesday, October 19th (Epcot day)
  • Breakfast 7:00am, our balcony
  • Extra Magic Hours
  • Lunch 11:30 am, Teppan Edo
  • Dinner 5:30pm, Narcoossee's

Wednesday, October 20th (DHS Day)
  • Breakfast 7:45am, our balcony
  • Lunch 11:30 am, T-Rex
  • Dinner 5:30 pm, Flying Fish

Thursday, October 21st (Hotel Day)
  • Breakfast 8:00am, 1900 Park Faire
  • Pirates Cruise, 9:30 - 11:30 am
  • Dinner 4:30 pm Tony's or the Plaza
  • MNSSHP 5:30 - 9:00 PM MK

Friday, October 22nd (AK Day)
  • Breakfast 8:00am, Tusker House (yes, I said I would never go back, but my nephews think the characters in their safari outfits are cool...they said we can eat in our room before we get there. LOL)
  • Lunch 11:30 am Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ
  • Dinner 5:30pm, Narcossee's or Citrico's

Saturday, October 23rd (MK Day)
  • Breakfast 7:15 - 7:45 AM our balcony
  • Lunch 11:15 am, Cosmic Ray's
  • Dinner, 5:00 pm, Grand Floridian Café

I think it looks pretty good. I like that you have contained your activities within a reasonable distance and respectable time frames. That is usually people's biggest downfall in that they don't consider travelling time and park hopping can be exhausting. IMO you have nailed it.

Oh and about the 7 different versions :rotfl2: ..... pretty mild compared to my re-hashed spreadsheets which I was still tweaking 5 minutes before my ADR window opened up this morning. :rolleyes1

I think it is quite well put together. Well done! :thumbsup2

Thursday, October 21st (Hotel Day)
  • Breakfast 8:00am, 1900 Park Faire
  • Pirates Cruise, 9:30 - 11:30 am
  • Dinner 4:30 pm Tony's or the Plaza
  • MNSSHP 5:30 - 9:00 PM MK

The only thing I would have qualms about would be Tony's on the night of MNSSHP. We felt rushed when we ate there for a 5:00ADR on the night of MNSSHP; that said, it was a Friday night as well, so it might not be as bad on a Thursday. Just food :cutie: for thought!

The only thing I would have qualms about would be Tony's on the night of MNSSHP. We felt rushed when we ate there for a 5:00ADR on the night of MNSSHP; that said, it was a Friday night as well, so it might not be as bad on a Thursday. Just food :cutie: for thought!

How long did dinner take? Would I be better off going to Tony's for lunch and then eating at the resort for dinner and then going to MNSSHP? I'm very nervous about doing counter service @ MNSSHP and would prefer not to.

We had the 5:00 ADR at Tony's and were seated about 5:30-ish (our fault probably for not arriving 15 minutes eary).

It was about 6:30 owe got out, but we had dessert as well. After eating, we changed DS into his costume in the restrooms, and it was 7 by the time we stepped onto Main Street. We had planned on being in Frontier land when MNSSHP started, but he had to make our way to the back of the park as lots of guests were arriving.

We felt more rushed by the wait-staff, as there were lots of people in the waiting area to be seated. The food took a while to get to our table, and DS eats painfully slow, sometimes, but we were there to enjoy it, so we did. The waiter seemed put-off when we ordered dessert (in fact, he brought the check to us, and we asked HIM if we could order dessert first!)

I understand there are lots of people to be seated, and they needed the table, but I don't like to feel rushes when eating, and it only took an hour. I can't say exactly how long the food took to arrive at the table. I know DS finished two separate placemats (the mazes and stuff) by the time it arrived.

I think you should be okay, though, because you are going around 4. That should leave you plenty of time! The following year we ate at CM (BC) for a 5:30 ADR (we were seated at 5:15!) and traveled to NSSHP by bus. We were there in plenty of time, and were there before the 7:00 start time! I think Tony's will be fine with a 4 or 4:30 ADR. I just wanted you to be warned in case it was busy.

Wednesday, October 20th (DHS Day)
  • Breakfast 7:45am, our balcony
  • Lunch 11:30 am, T-Rex
  • Dinner 5:30 pm, Flying Fish

[/LIST]

This is the only one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to me. Are you going to to go to DHS for 2 hours in the morning, go to DTD for lunch, go all the way back to GF to nap, back to DHS in the afternoon, and then to the BW for dinner? That's a lot of bus time.

Thanks for the heads up LoriABil! I'll make sure to get an early ADR, and if I can't I'll go with something else....maybe Liberty Tree.

Good point, roomthreeseventeen. I was actually wondering about that myself. My nephews really want to go to T-Rex, and I really want to go to Flying Fish. :lmao: I've never been to DTD, so in my head I figured it was close to DHS. :confused3 How far away is it?

Hmmm, it would probably be better if we made T-Rex 12 or 12:15 pm and then swaped Tuesday & Wednesday night's dinner (go to Flying Fish Tuesday night & Narcosses Wednesday night).

Good point, roomthreeseventeen. I was actually wondering about that myself. My nephews really want to go to T-Rex, and I really want to go to Flying Fish. :lmao: I've never been to DTD, so in my head I figured it was close to DHS. :confused3 How far away is it?

I don't think it's a very long bus ride. Under 10 minutes, I'd guess. However, factoring in waiting for the bus, then walking to T-Rex, could be half hour?

We are going the same week as you. Great plans! I'm still working on mine!!!!

Hello!
We are going the same week, the 14th til the 20th (unless I convince my DH to add 1 more day...)

I am relieved to hear that I am not the only nut revising and re-revising my schedule!!

Everything looks good except the day with t-rex - I agree with pp that it's a lot of traveling. We found that although the actual bus ride might be short, all of the waiting for buses adds up.. Another thought is to take a taxi to cut down wait time.

have a good trip- good luck with adr's

Here's what I ended up with.....:cool1: Even though some of the times aren't exactly what I wanted, I'm very happy with the end result. Now, if only I end up not having the compulsive need to "tweak" them...:rotfl:

Saturday, October 16th Hotel Day Spectromagic!
Pool time 12:30 - 3:30 pm GF
Dinner 5:00 - 6:30 pm Chef Mickey's
Spectromagic Parade 9:00 - 10:00 pm MK

Sunday, October 17th MK Day
Breakfast 7:30 - 8:00 AM our balcony
Lunch 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Grand Floridian Café
Pool time 1:30 - 2:30 pm GF or
Dream Parade 3:00 - 3:30 pm MK
Dinner 7:15 pm Hoop Dee Doo Review

Monday, October 18th Hotel day (rent cabana) Fantasmic tonight!
Breakfast 8:30 - 10:00 am O'hana Best Friends Breakfast
Pool time 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
Lunch whenever Gasparilla's Grill
Dinner 4:30 - 5:30 PM Sci Fi
*All Fantasmic dinner packages are already sold out. :scared1: Now poor Disney, doesn't know who they are messing with...I will call every day and snag a Fantasmic dinner package...oh yes I will :rolleyes1
Fantasmic 7:30 - 8:30 pm DHS

Tuesday, October 19th Epcot
Breakfast 7:15 - 7:30 am monorail
Extra Magic Hours 8:00 - 9:00 am Epcot
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 pm Teppan Edo
Pool time 1:30 - 3:30 pm GF
Leave for dinner 5:00 PM GF to Disney's Boardwalk area
Dinner 5:45 - 7:45 PM Flying Fish

Wednesday, October 20th DHS Day
Breakfast 7:45 - 8:15 AM our balcony
Lunch 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM T-Rex (oop)
Pool time 2:00 - 4:30 pm GF
Dinner 5:55 - 7:55 PM Narcoosee's

Thursday, October 21st Hotel Day MNSSHP tonight!
Breakfast 8:00 - 9:00 am 1900 Park Faire
Boys to Pier 9-9:15 am
Pirates Cruise 9:30 - 11:30 am
Lunch whenever Gasparilla's Grill
Pool time 12:00 - 3:30 pm GF
Dinner 4:15 - 5:30 pm The Plaza <--only MK restaurant w/early ADRs still available
Dinner 5:30 - 7:30 pm @ Liberty Tree Tavern! WOO! Right in Frontierland, so we should be able to get good seats for the early parade
MNSSHP 5:30 - 10:00 PM MK

Friday, October 22nd AK Day
Breakfast 8:00 - 9:00 am Tusker House
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 pm Yak & Yeti
Pool time 1:30 - 5:00 pm GF
Dinner 6:00 - 8:00 pm Narcoosee's

Saturday, October 23rd MK Day
Breakfast 7:15 - 7:45 AM our balcony
Lunch 11:50 am - 1:00 pm Tony's
Pool time 1:30 - 4:30 pm GF
Dinner 5:00 - 6:00 pm Gasparilla's Grill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter