What do you think of "Mission Space"?

I've always loved this ride, orange level of course. And it works for me that not as many do like it or if they do they go green, keeps the line shorter for me.

I really miss Horizons. My DD15 and DD7 will go on it with me, DW and DS18 it's a no-go. The Mars mission is too intense and the Earth mission feels really dated. All of the post-ride activities are currently closed due to COVID. Overall - should have kept the old Horizons ride IMHO.

I really enjoy the beginning, but I find the second half to be lackluster and I always end up queasy afterwards, so it averages out to a mid-level ride for me. I love the launch sequence and experiencing the increased G-force! I don't particularly love the crash landing / slightly cheesy edge-of-the-cliff ending, as that's the part that sets off my motion sickness. I am unreasonably annoyed that the screens don't go fully dark when we are supposedly in hypersleep (but I fully admit that is me being way too picky :P ). I'll never say no if I'm with a friend who wants to ride, but I usually won't push for it if no one else wants to go on it, either.

Orange side made me motion sick and the green side is fine... but that's it for me...just fine. I was a bit underwhelmed with all the hype.

The only thing I like about it is the exit area. Prime example of Eisner's lack of understanding about what Disney's fans really want at Epcot. This was probably his sons idea.

Orange side makes me sick but the green side is boring. I really miss the old Horizons and wish they had just updated that ride. I think the move to more thrill rides is alienating a lot of people who can't ride them while the dark rides could be enjoyed by just about everyone. I do love the look of the outside of Mission Space, just wish the inside was better.

Mission Space is definitely a love it or hate it ride! It's one of my absolute favorites, I love the G-forces and never get tired of the story. My family loves to get in and push every button and flip every switch, its hilarious when we are with other people and they freak out! However I don't suffer from motion sickness, I'm sure that would put a damper on the experience for sure.

Love it. It's the ride my partner would loop all day if he could! I can only do it about 2-3 times in a row before I need a bit of a break, but it's definitely a favourite in our family.

I feel ever so slightly motion sick after I ride it, but I still love it, but I have always been fascinated by space travel and so it is a "Live out my fantasy" style ride....

I really miss Horizons. My DD15 and DD7 will go on it with me, DW and DS18 it's a no-go. The Mars mission is too intense and the Earth mission feels really dated. All of the post-ride activities are currently closed due to COVID. Overall - should have kept the old Horizons ride IMHO.
Interesting that you feel the Earth mission feels dated as it's only a couple years old! Still wish I could've experienced Horizons.

Red sent me to the ER the next day going home. Got nasty vertigo as the plane landed. Never had vertigo before or since. That was back in Jan 2005. Only do Green now 👶

Interesting that you feel the Earth mission feels dated as it's only a couple years old! Still wish I could've experienced Horizons.
Yes, especially the Earth mission side. The ride doesn't spin so it's just a really confined space with a video of a space mission shown on a small screen very close to your face. The switches don't do anything. Did you ever get a chance to ride Mission to Mars? That felt more high-tech than the Earth Mission on Mission: Space. That ride (really just a show) has been gone for 27 years now.

Yes, especially the Earth mission side. The ride doesn't spin so it's just a really confined space with a video of a space mission shown on a small screen very close to your face. The switches don't do anything. Did you ever get a chance to ride Mission to Mars? That felt more high-tech than the Earth Mission on Mission: Space. That ride (really just a show) has been gone for 27 years now.
I'm only 28, so I highly doubt it haha

Orange is too intense for me these days. I did it once years ago, but that was enough. I used to enjoy the green side when it was the same as orange but without the spinning making it less intense. I do not care for the "mission" they now have on the green side. It's boring. Did it once a couple years ago and haven't ridden since.

Understand that this ride is a giant centrifuge and the spinning on the Orange side simulates the G-Forces that you would get during a launch (though less intense). It is no wonder that it makes some feel ill.

Did orange once—DH was sick after and had to sit on a bench for a long time before he felt good enough to walk. I don’t get motion sick often but it made me feel icky as well. Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter