• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think of Jim Hill's newest article?????

From California, the land of the tape delayed Olympics (DOESN’T NBC HAVE ANY SHAME!!!),

OT, I know, but it's times like these I love living 30 minutes from Canada. Long live Brian Williams and CBC!

Boy, I don't get involved as much as I used to and now I am forgotten just like my friend Donald. Who is going to play the Duck?

And by the way, with a daughter at UCONN and a son who lives in Boston traveling to Hartford is a breeze from NJ or NY. So it is not in the boondocks where Eisner can hide.

Sorry, couldn't resist this one.

Harry Freeman, executive director of the Hartford Economic Development Commission, said the city would do what's necessary.

"With any customer or visitor to the area, we are trying to make sure their needs are being taken care of," he said. "They want to keep it as below the radar screen as possible. Their priority is not getting visibility for the event."

http://www.ctnow.com/hc-disney0214.artfeb14.story

I personally think that Hill article is nuts. I've been to the last 3 annual meetings. I think they move them all over the place because of a number of reasons. I think taking it on the road each year is because of the many shareholders that think they are owed something. If you have spent $25 on one share, some shareholders think that entitles them to free entry into the parks, free rooms at the resorts, etc. Come on people, be real. It was a smart move to get the meetings away from the two parks. Everybody wanted something for nothing. And to give out a free pass to every shareholder? If you paid $25 for one share, you really think you are entitled to a free pass? Chicago was probably because it was easy to get to, it was in a beautiful place, and ESPN was right there. Fort Worth - that was easy. Wanted to keep the Bass family happy. Hartford? The meeting was due for the east coast and ESPN is nearby too. It is easy to get to from Boston, Philly, New York, etc. Good choice. And there are plenty of cast members at the meetings. I was there and many others. I got to see cities I normally would not have seen. Got to experience some of the "show" at the meetings. It was fun. Eisner shuttered though every time a cast member got the microphone, especially the Disney Store cast members. Anyway, that's my take on why the annual meetings are not at Anaheim or Orlando and I think it's a good idea. It is absolutely laughable to think that shareholders with a few hundred dollars of stock think they are entitled to free hotels, free passes, free everything! If the meetings are not there, then you eliminate these people wanting everything for free.

Teena's wrong!!!!! And thats the bottom line!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter