What do you think about this price and cabin?

disneyjunkie

DIS Veteran
I called Disney today to get a quote for the Dec. 2004, 10 day Magic. I was quoted $3,926.70 for a Cat. 11 for DS (he'll be 13 then) and I. The cabin is 7065, which is midship.

So is this a good price? What about the cabin location? I've never cruised before so I don't know what is "right".

I'm thinking I may be able to get a lower price from a TA, but I've been told I'd have to allow the TA to handle everything. Is this true? I'd hate to turn control over to someone else. (I love trip planning)

I'm looking forward to reading the cruise board and learning all I can before our trip.:bounce:

Don't know about that price, but the TA question I can answer. What they mean is that you would no longer be able to call DCL and ask questions specific to your reservation. You would have to call your TA who would call DCL and ask the question for you. If you need to change your dinner seating, or need a medical form...the TA handles it for you. You can still plan on your own all you want...you just can't call DCL directly for any changes in the reservation.

One reason you will most likely not find the range of pricing for the 10-day Dec 2004 cruise is that DCL did not allow ANY agencies to book group space for that cruise. So, everybody starts at the same place.

One way that agencies can create a distinct price advantage is to book group space, which "freezes" the price for their cabins. On the 10-day and the special 7-day after it, no group bookings allowed by DCL.

mac_tlc

Thanks for the replies.

I called several cruise TA today. Costco Travel quoted me a price of $3,574.70! I think that's a pretty good price. I did a search and it looks like the people that have used them have been pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter