What do you ride first?

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
Not looking for advice on what I should do or the strategies anyone uses, just for fun - what's the first ride YOU ride when you get into either park?

I'm curious how different everyone's plans are and what ride people love to experience first thing.

Well, I'm older now and usually with other adults so rides have become less important as a starter. I like to just immerse myself in the feeling of Main St but then I usually head over to the NOS area since it tends to have fewer people in the morning (I guess because it's farthest away). When my kids were little, we always headed straight to Space Mt.

At CA (and I rarely start there), I usually head somewhere for coffee and/or food. The kids always wanted to go on Screamin' back in the day. This is a fun thread because it makes me realize how much my emphasis has shifted from rides to food/drink LOL!

Well, I'm older now and usually with other adults so rides have become less important as a starter. I like to just immerse myself in the feeling of Main St but then I usually head over to the NOS area since it tends to have fewer people in the morning (I guess because it's farthest away). When my kids were little, we always headed straight to Space Mt.

At CA (and I rarely start there), I usually head somewhere for coffee and/or food. The kids always wanted to go on Screamin' back in the day. This is a fun thread because it makes me realize how much my emphasis has shifted from rides to food/drink LOL!

That's what I think is fun too, I just hear from everyone on their preferences because everyone is different!

Every trip has been different! Our trips are to celebrate 5th birthdays, so the priority rides are what that guest of honor is most into. Unfortunately for me, that often means Space is NOT a priority (it is my favorite ride tho!). Most recent trip, our first day in DL we started with the Minnie breakfast at plaza inn, and our first actual ride was GGC, followed by RR and iasw. Not really how I would lay it out for efficiency, but it actually worked out very well for our crew.

I think if I were there alone I'd always start with Space. It is my favorite, and consistently has a low wait time early on, and you avoid the sense of racing that happens towards FL. I've been conditioned to be more ok with longer wait times in FL because of the fun theming to distract you, and that long lines for characters and rides were what my littles wanted to do, so its what we did, but they also were only really into Alice & Dumbo as must-rides. Everything else was an after thought or an absolute no (various combinations of my littles were terrified of SW and Pinocchio, and tea cups line was often more visible and deterred them from being interested, even if it was the same length as other lines).

Our first trip, we arrived in the afternoon and did Railroad followed by Jungle cruise, and both were walk-ons. That trip was full of pixie dust.

Every trip has been different! Our trips are to celebrate 5th birthdays, so the priority rides are what that guest of honor is most into. Unfortunately for me, that often means Space is NOT a priority (it is my favorite ride tho!). Most recent trip, our first day in DL we started with the Minnie breakfast at plaza inn, and our first actual ride was GGC, followed by RR and iasw. Not really how I would lay it out for efficiency, but it actually worked out very well for our crew.

You're a good mom for letting them choose how to start the day. (Some days I'm this type of mom, some days not. lol)

Always Space. It's our favorite ride. Back when there were paper FPs, we used to head straight there, pull a FP, ride it, and then ride it again with the FP. :)

Haven't rope dropped DCA that often, but my favorite there is GOTG. We use single rider later on for RSR.

Depends on what time we arrive tbh. When I was younger it was ALWAYS Matterhorn, if you don't count the monorail, but it does a number on my body these days. Now we just go with whatever doesnt have long lines... or if rope dropping then PP/Fantasyland.

At DL, we always do Peter Pan first. At DCA, we usually try to do TSMM first, although it sometimes doesn't work out that way because of being down.

I don't think I've done two trips the same. I've started out on Pirates, HM, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise. You name it. On my last trip, our first ride was actually ROTR (got a really good BG number).

As a kid, our tradition was to follow the old guide books which essentially took us on a clockwise tour of the park. That usually meant our first attraction was something in Adventureland.

Two trips back, my wife (who hadn't been to the park since she was a kid) wanted to start out with the DLRR so she could get her bearings on the park. I really liked that idea and I think that might become a tradition going forward.

I don't think I've done two trips the same. I've started out on Pirates, HM, Star Tours, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise. You name it. On my last trip, our first ride was actually ROTR (got a really good BG number).

On our upcoming trip I think we’re going to the same, start each day with a different ride. Shake it up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter