What do you request at VGC?

tripletsmama

DIS Veteran
We will be at the Grand Californian February 1-5. Just got our reservation using the 7 month window! Yay!! We have never been to Disneyland so I am looking for a little information on this resort.

What are the available views?

Which is the most desirable area? Is it better to be closer to a certain area for easy park access?

How are the hallways in this resort? Super long like BWV or more manageable like BCV?

I know a request is not guaranteed, but I would love any suggestions. We are in a dedicated 2 bedroom, if that makes a difference.

We will be at the Grand Californian February 1-5. Just got our reservation using the 7 month window! Yay!! We have never been to Disneyland so I am looking for a little information on this resort.

What are the available views?

Which is the most desirable area? Is it better to be closer to a certain area for easy park access?

How are the hallways in this resort? Super long like BWV or more manageable like BCV?

I know a request is not guaranteed, but I would love any suggestions. We are in a dedicated 2 bedroom, if that makes a difference.

This thread will tell you all you need to know about VGC. Find a post by Nonsuch and click on his signature links for maps and room layouts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2592085

In short, there are 48 rooms on 6 floors - not too much room for hallways! You can request pool view or park view (or you can request specific rooms by number). All rooms are grouped in the same wing so there's not much difference getting from the room to the park or anywhere else.

We love VGC and have stayed there 3 times on points. We love the theme park view and have requested high floor, theme park view each time and have been lucky enough to receive it. We have never requested certain room numbers as pp mentioned, but there are some that have and also posted they have received one of the requested rooms.

It is definitely small so no long hallways!

Have a great trip!

Wow, I can't believe there are only 48 rooms! I now understand why people say it's a difficult resort to book at 7 months. I will definitely take a look at that thread, thanks for the tip.

Theme park view sounds like it would be a really cool experience. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter