What do you rely on your phone/computer for?

Computer. Paying bills, banking getting news and information, entertainment. Surfing the web.
Landline. Outgoing and incoming calls of all types as it is the only phone number i give out.
Cell Phone. Emergency phone calls both incoming and outgoing. Texting, Directions. My wife, son, daughter, daughter in law and brother are the only one's with this number.

That's for me to know . . . and nothing I'm going to fill in the missing pieces for strangers on the internet to learn.

Work, bank, groceries, travel, communication with the outside world
You don't have any security concerns about banking on your phone? My cousin had his phone hacked and it took forever to straighten out because how the hacker did things, it made my cousin seem to be the hacker.

You don't have any security concerns about banking on your phone? My cousin had his phone hacked and it took forever to straighten out because how the hacker did things, it made my cousin seem to be the hacker.
I do all my banking on my phone

I do all my banking on my phone
Yikes. I shouldn't note, but will, that my cousin in Vancouver was the one whose phone got hacked and had all the issues because of it.

I don’t even use our laptop at all anymore. I don’t do any online banking. I rely on my phone as a phone, internet, place to keep notes, calendar, email, camera/photos

Yikes. I shouldn't note, but will, that my cousin in Vancouver was the one whose phone got hacked and had all the issues because of it.
Older generation are more prone for falling for scams and such.
I’m not concerned.

Was your cousin on unsecured wifi like at a hotel?
Not that I am aware of. He was on the cellular network.

EDIT: I just searched his Facebook post on this. Very long but apparently someone put in a request with Rogers to have his number "ported" to another phone. They transferred everything from his phone to a burner phone which included all his bank information and log ins.

Here is a brief snippet of his post
Rogers sent me a text message at 6:21 pm informing me that they were going to port my number to another provider and if I didn't know about this I was to call their fraud number, which they provided. I didn't see the message until about 6:45, but when I read it I tried to call, but it was too late. My number was disconnected. (I was later told that the number was ported away at 6:46, 25 minutes after the text was sent. I was also told they normally wait 30 minutes before porting, but clearly in this case they didn't.)

Last edited:
No. I use password and vpn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter