What do you plan to do when the kids are grown....

RNtheRN

Real men love Disney World
Has anyone else pondered the question of what to do with Disney when our chldren are older. My lovely DW and I have been discussing this a lot lately. We love spending our vacations with our two DD's who are now 10 and 12 and plan to have many magical adventures to come.
But we also plan to do a lot with our DVC when we get older. Some of the things we would like to do is visit the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, the wine festival, visit Europe with our DVC and maybe take a cruise or two.

We've been thru the gauntlet, we're 60 now and our children have grown up with WDW and have gone on their respective ways. We began taking our son when he was 5 and our daughter when she was 18 months. Those were the years, starting in 1977 and since that first trip, we've done 43 trips with them and the last bunch without them. Our daughter caught the Disney bug and did the CP when in college and went back after graduation to work for the mouse for a year. We made many a visit those 2 years, cast member discount and us from Ohio and daughter in Florida but she moved back and when we can, we still vacation together. Son and his wife, not so much but daughter and son-in-law go alot. We've taken a few trips just the wife and I and they are different, more relaxing with no place to be but we miss the togetherness and memories from the group trips.

Our daughter had her first child past December, girl, and we're going back this December to break her into the Disney magic. We can't wait, a grandchild that we will spoil rotten, I can't wait to introduce her into playing in the sand, a dip in the pool and her first glimpse of Main Street and Mickey Mouse. We maybe old in body but we're still young in heart and WDW does that to us, no other place for us to vacation in the world, whether just the 2 of us or as many people we can get to go with us.

Our kids are in their 20s and family trips are probably over. I have been to WDW three times now one or more grown child. They do love Disney, but as they are starting out in their careers it is hard for them to find the time. Since I am a retired educator I can go when it is convenient for them. Our first grandchild was born last November, so I am looking forward to these upcoming trips.
I must add that my wife detests WDW as a result of a bad trip in 1995. We are both OK with my trips without her. BTW, I enjoyed my first solo trip last September.

Our kids are grow and we have a 1yr old grandson, who we look forward to be able to show him the "World". That being said we bought DVC and truly enjoy just being together and meeting people along the way. The best thing is realizing how fortunate I am to have my best friend for a DH and sharing the "Our Whole New World"! It is a TRULY magicalprincess:pirate::drinking1:tink:

What kids? I'm 57, single, childless, and have been to WDW 15 times since 1985. I'm going back in September, but this will be my first trip with a child. My niece has a 2 yo and she, I and the grandparents are going. I've also been to DL 4 times, but the first 2 were as a kid in the 60s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter