What do you pack for a DVC stay that you don't pack for a resort stay?

Euby

DIS Veteran
I'll be staying at a DVC property for the first time (Saratoga Springs). Are there things that you bring with you that you don't bring when you stay at a non-DVC resort? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!

*Laundry detergent pods
*Instant Starbucks Iced Coffee
*Sugar Free Caramel Syrup (for above iced coffee)

These are the main things for our 1BR and above stays. I NEED that morning iced coffee to get ready for rope drop and Disney hotels just can't make a good cup of Joe.

Flat bottom basket coffee filters, an easy to use wine opener, rubber jar opener (my grip is not the same as it used to be), chip clips, and Glad plastic bowls with lids for left overs and even for larger cereal bowls.

We are doing our first DVC stay in October in a 1 bedroom at AKL Jambo so this is helpful - so it's definitely the basket coffee filters, NOT cone coffee filters, correct?

Yep, basket coffee filters. I bring coffee & filters, laundry pods (no toddlers to worry about,) my favorite tea, & microwave popcorn for late night snacking.
We fly & all of that goes into the suitcase. I remove the packaging and bag everything in gallon size ziplock baggies so it all fits better in my suitcase.

Laundry detergent since I try not to do laundry if I'm staying at the hotel and not with a washer/dryer in my villa.

You will be provided with a single load box of laundry detergent if you're in a 1 or 2 bedroom.

I bring salt and pepper and scissors to open some prepackaged food items. Kids' scissors, with blades under 3 inches are ok in carry on.

we go to the dollar store for their disposable coffee cups, 16oz. 5 for a dollar
salt & pepper/
laundry pods/ dryer sheets
dish wisher pods
micro wave popcorn
a collapsible cooler
med/large zip lock bags
coffee & filters
powder coffee creamer [hazel nut/ French vanilla]
a leatherman/ just in case
night light

Robin & Angel "D"

hmmm most of what is listed we buy at Wal-Mart on way from MCO > OKW
Also, Lysol in case there is a lingering perfume or smoke smell (surprisingly how often it happens - also good for rental car)
Charging strip
Light bulb for bedroom - the one there is way too dim for reading
Definitely zippy bags - in luggage/carry-on, at parks, in room, in car
Bug spray

Coffee and filters, quick breakfast foods (cereal, granola bars, etc), laundry detergent, snacks, and bottled water.

Coffee & Filters
Laundry detergent
Two rolls of toilet tissue (just in case). Sometimes we barely make it until housekeeping comes. I don't want to chase housekeeping down or call for a "roll").

I like Hazelnut coffee creamer, so we bring some of that. Sometimes we bring extra sugar packets-there's often not enough-but if we run out, usually the resort's food court has extra.

Our favorite creamer, coffee, filters, laundry pods, baggies, disposable coffee cups/lids so we can head out with a good cup of coffee, brita water pitcher for the frig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter