What do you own a ridiculous amount of?

Christmas trees. I have put up 28 themed, full sized Christmas trees (plus some 2-4 ft ones I didn't count) with a bunch of spare trees still in the attic in case I come up with a new theme or something. I honestly don't know how many trees I own but I can say that there are four new ones hidden in my van as we speak.

I may have a problem

I thought of another one..Bath and Body Works shower gel. I must have 35 bottles of the stuff, 6 of them being the Sparkling Sugar Plum that stepson got me a couple of years ago when he heard I loved it. His wife is a manager at one of the stores, and he was working there part time helping during the holidays, and sent me a box full of the stuff, lol. I got shower gel, spray fragrance, wallflower refills, candles, etc..I like it, but not enough to have used more than a bottle or 2 over the last couple of years, lol!

I have 167 keychains. I started collecting them as souvenirs when I travel because I like to pack light and often don't have the room to put anything substantial in my bag. I have a spreadsheet that designates them by States/US Cities/US Landmarks/US Events and Foreign Countries/Foreign Cities/Foreign Landmarks and Foreign Events so I can keep track of what I have on the fly lol.

I also have a lot of bed, bath and beyond coupons
Disney toiletries. I bring them home and use them on short trips.....have 100s of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion. Most from cruises.
Mugs.....so many, I had to put some in other cupboards and some in the garage. I just can't part with them
Kitchen gadgets.....love them!

Serving utensils. I actually own multiple pickle forks...and I hate pickles! :rotfl:

Also, coffee mugs, specifically Disney ones.

If she needs a replacement for the Earl Grey, Fortnum and Mason and Harney and Sons both have excellent options. I've never tried the Madagascar Vanilla, so no help there. It does sound yummy, though.

Love Fortnum & Mason's Royal Blend and Queen Anne teas. Have only had Harney and Sons at a local place; off to look at their website...

Framed New Orleans Jazz posters. All are hung, but we have also given some to our kids at different times. It’s our main art form for some odd reason.

Oh my goodness too many to name.

Local pottery, I used to pick up a piece wherever I went, I started in the late 70s. I had to stop when we had no more room to put them.

D&B purses. Last count I had over 20 with at least 7 or 8 of them Disney.

Dolls from different countries. My Mama started the collection for me when I was 1 with Madame Alexandar dolls. We added to them when we started travelling abroad. They are now in a plastic tub with a lid on it in storage in my basement. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Masks from Italy in Disney. I've run out of room on my wall.

Makeup. There's just always new products coming out in new formulas and new colors. I have over 100 lipsticks alone 🙈 The previous owner of the house I live in had one of those beds that pulls out of the wall, we took out all the hardware and made it a makeup closet, filled with a vanity, shelving, and lighting.

Shoes and Handbags, Wallets, Tote bags of all sizes every thing from canvas bags, beach and pool bags, travel bags, yet when I start to clean them out, I have used them all in the last year so they stay.

Travel gear - a crazy amount of it... Multiple's of the following - Passport holders, RFID cards, locking backpacks and cross-body bags different sizes and different use's, locks for the suitcase, scale for the suitcases, ear bud holders, zippered pouches, money belts, extra cords, electric outlets depending on what and where we are going, multi plug power strips, travel bottles, water bottles, and on and on it goes. LOL I did not realize how much of this that we have and yet we use it all...

Lots of fabric and sewing notions

Hair Brushes... All different sizes, and shapes, round, flat, wet brushes... I have like 9 or 10 in a large blue mason jar on the bathroom counter, and then I have some that are in the travel bags that I use when we travel, and a few extras under the sink in an big ziploc... and none of them are old, I throw away and replace them constantly...

Socks - You would think for a girl that lives in FL... I would not have a ton of these... I have a ton of socks, in that drawer are lots of Disney Socks, Fuzzy socks, boot socks, sport socks, holiday socks, and footies... DH has a ton of socks as well... LOL

Makeup. There's just always new products coming out in new formulas and new colors. I have over 100 lipsticks alone 🙈 The previous owner of the house I live in had one of those beds that pulls out of the wall, we took out all the hardware and made it a makeup closet, filled with a vanity, shelving, and lighting.

What a cool idea ! ... What a great use of space, and re-purposing

Our friends just bought a bunch of property at the beginning of last year, and are going to be retiring there in about 10 years, they are creating a family business on it - it was a Some type of kids summer camp around 100 acres. They are making the out cabins into vacation rentals (2 or 3 bedrooms) I think that there are around 15 of them, plus there are several barns, and out buildings ( which will become a wedding venue's, and catering kitchens), and then the main house is around 100+ years old, which before they bought it, it was given a structural upgrade, all year they have been working on it, and it's almost done... from the pictures I am seeing it is just amazing.

In all of the cabins, they have the camp counselor bedroom, which has a Murphy pull down bed... as well in the main barn there is an attached bunk house has several of these Murphy beds, which she can turn into dressing areas, for the Bride and her bridesmaids, and she has been trying to figure out what to do with the space, I am so stealing your idea and sharing it with her... It will be the perfect dressing area... Thank you...

I have another one.....

Necklaces - many necklaces & bracelets
At one time a lot of my friends were either hosting jewelry parties or selling jewelry. I do love wearing jewelry so they are worn almost every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter