What do you mean I can't add more days?!

when we went back in 2010, i didn't know that you could "add" days to hopper tickets and started purchasing whole new tickets, the CM didn't realize that I already had tickets until after and she told me that I can just add days instead which saved me $300!!! then in 2011 i found out that you need to add days before you use it on your last day (5th day) again, this was all done at the ticket booths. we are going again this year and i really hope they still have that option!!

Well we were successful adding 2 additional days to our 6 day parkhopper making it an 8 day! first cast member we asked helped us without any hesitation or difficulty and it only cost us $5. for both extra days! this was exactly 3 weeks ago when we first arrived at the park :goodvibes

maybe because you already had a 6-day hopper? They don't even sell those anymore :( im going to look at this as hope that maybe I will be able to add a day to my 5-day hopper ticket!!! crossing my fingers!!!

I just wanted to report here that last week (on 8/7) I went to the ticket booths at about 8 pm on day 2 of our 6 day hoppers and had then upgraded to 8 days for $20.00 total. With no problems didn't even need to get a supervisors approval. It took about 10 minutes. I just wanted them upgraded to 7 but he said 8 days was the same price.

tffnyjean said:
I just wanted to report here that last week (on 8/7) I went to the ticket booths at about 8 pm on day 2 of our 6 day hoppers and had then upgraded to 8 days for $20.00 total. With no problems didn't even need to get a supervisors approval. It took about 10 minutes. I just wanted them upgraded to 7 but he said 8 days was the same price.

I think the problem has been with the 5 or less day hoppers, since you got to purchase a 6 day before they actually took it away maybe its not a problem. I'm hoping that I can turn my 5 day into a 6 day!!!

MamaChelle said:
I think the problem has been with the 5 or less day hoppers, since you got to purchase a 6 day before they actually took it away maybe its not a problem. I'm hoping that I can turn my 5 day into a 6 day!!!

With that logic in place, let's hope they let me upgrade with the 5day park hoppers that I got prior to the increase and deletion of the 6dayers.

I'll be finding out tomorrow!! :)

With that logic in place, let's hope they let me upgrade with the 5day park hoppers that I got prior to the increase and deletion of the 6dayers.

Please post after you find out, I am wanting to upgrade my 5day hopper to a 6 day in a couple weeks, THANKS!!

It looks like it's going to be a risk. It appears the best chances are with folks who use their tickets and try to upgrade mid-trip. Depending on when we arrive to the Grand Californian on that Saturday night in January will depend on whether or not I will risk paying for full price 1-day passes. But if we arrive early enough, we're going in Disneyland.

If I do end up paying full price for new 1-day passes, you know it won't be until after I ask at least 20 cast members on different days, in different kiosks, at different worker shifts. And I won't buy the 1-day passes until I am told no on Day 6. There's just been too many instances of people getting cheap but appropriately priced upgrades for me to not give it that level of effort.

Right now, with that type of effort, I like my chances. Of course, policy may change, as well as the odds of success that I give myself. But right now, I think I have about a 75-80% chance of getting the cheap upgrades. The point is moot if we arrive late or decide to go to Goofy's Kitchen and then get a early bedtime.

Lomky said:

Yes please post whether you have any luck or not! If not looks like ill be using my "2nd day free" at legoland which I bought as a just in case my DS wants to go back, it might take its place of the day that I did want to spend at Disneyland! I really hope its upgradable! Let us know!

We have 6 day hoppers that I hope to add one more day to when we go in December (now that I found out Indiana Jones is not scheduled to open until the day we are planning on leaving) I will be watching this closely and hope that the opportunity is still there when we arrive.

I was able to upgrade our 6 day hoppers without a problem last week to 8 day hoppers for 25 dollars total. All of us needed to be at the ticket booth and the adults needed ID. No supervisor needed. We had used our tickets and had signed them.

Help me understand.....why can a 6 day pass upgrade and a 5 day pass can't???? What is the difference? For people who save and intend on this being their "vacation of a lifetime", and probably will only come to Disneyland once, why should we only be able to upgrade a 3 day pass to a 5 day??? I want to upgrade my 3 day hopper to at least a 6 or 7.....then we can go in the day we fly in!!! Sure not wasting a day for only being able to go in 1/2 day.......this upsets me soooooo much! Grrrrrr! Sorry for venting!:confused3

I'm still going to try to go in and see how many days I can add when we get there!

Keep letting us know if people are able to upgrade.....and if anyone has any luck in doing a 3 day for more than 5! Thanks!

I was able to upgrade our 6 day hoppers without a problem last week to 8 day hoppers for 25 dollars total. All of us needed to be at the ticket booth and the adults needed ID. No supervisor needed. We had used our tickets and had signed them.

$25 for how many tickets? we have 6 days hoppers I'm thinking of upgrading to 7. Is that $5 a ticket? or is it $5/ticket to upgrade to 8 day hoppers?

Then, I'd just do that. It REALLY REALLY would be nice to be here when the weather is not 95 degrees.

Anyone know if you can upgrade convention 6 day park hoppers? It would be within the dates you can use the tickets for.

It's very hypocritical. Check out Disneyland Park Vice President Jon Storbeck's latest quote ...

"Q: Where are you at in the process of turning this into the 4 and 5 day resort?
JON: Wow. I think we’re always looking for an opportunity to bring guests into the resort and give them an opportunity to stay another day, and I certainly think we’ve done that here with what you see with Cars Land. I think what we’ve done here…what the Imagineers have done…is just give the guests a reason when they come to Southern California to stay one more day here, whether they’re on ... a five day vacation and they want to stay a sixth, so it’s just a great environment for them."

The DLR ticket office is not officially a great environment for them to extend to a 6th day on their tickets.

We were talking about this thread in our podcast this week. (Thread of the week)

I think the Disneyland Resort is still trying to figure out how to offer days for their guests without other people taking advantage and selling extra days to make a profit.

I finally got around to listen to the podcast. I was happy to hear them mention the Jon Storbeck quote that I posted, and agree with the sentiment of those on this thread that they need to figure out some way to upgrade tickets for legitimate patrons.

Help me understand.....why can a 6 day pass upgrade and a 5 day pass can't???? What is the difference? For people who save and intend on this being their "vacation of a lifetime", and probably will only come to Disneyland once, why should we only be able to upgrade a 3 day pass to a 5 day??? I want to upgrade my 3 day hopper to at least a 6 or 7.....then we can go in the day we fly in!!! Sure not wasting a day for only being able to go in 1/2 day.......this upsets me soooooo much! Grrrrrr! Sorry for venting!:confused3

I'm still going to try to go in and see how many days I can add when we get there!

Keep letting us know if people are able to upgrade.....and if anyone has any luck in doing a 3 day for more than 5! Thanks!

I do not think you can "upgrade" a 3 day pass to anything.. From what I am seeing, you need to have the 5 day pass (which is the longest they are selling now) to be able to add the other days. So, if you want to add days 6 or 7 (if they allow it) you are going to have to pay the price of a 5 day pass first... then hopefully be able to add more days to it.

I do not think you can "upgrade" a 3 day pass to anything.. From what I am seeing, you need to have the 5 day pass (which is the longest they are selling now) to be able to add the other days. So, if you want to add days 6 or 7 (if they allow it) you are going to have to pay the price of a 5 day pass first... then hopefully be able to add more days to it.

Upgrading a 3 day pass to a 5 day pass means paying the difference between the two. Before June 15th, when upgrading a discounted 3 day pass to a 5 day pass, you had to pay the difference between the 5 day pass and what you paid for the 3 day pass, forfeiting your discount. I haven't seen confirmation of this policy since June 15th though.

Yeah, I probably worded this wrong! We realize that having bought the CityPass we have to pay something like $330 to upgrade 3 adults and a child to the 5 day hopper. I can't believe a 10 year old is adult prices - grrrr! Lol. Then was just disappointed to be told by Disney that if we wish to add say another 2 days to stay 7 days it would be another $788!!! Would love to hit the right ticket both and be able to get those extra days to make 7 for the $5 that some seem able to get. I know we will have to do the$330 first!

So... I'm in the d'land as we speak. Went to the ticket office before activating my 5 day hopper and nada. Ain't happening, they said the most they can sell is a five day and 6 day hoppers are no longer available, so they cannot add days. I even said I sent an email and the reply was positive, but that was before the ticket change.

I also went to city hall and no love there either. They said try the ticket booth!!

So, don't count on adding days, I even said that we are from Canada and are here for ten days, but they just repeated that there was no way to add days unless I spend another $200 each!!

Too bad, guess I'm going to knotts.

Yeesh how terrible :( Going in December and wanted to go for 7 days so we could take nice slow time with the toddler.

Professionally speaking, from a business stand point it does make sense. There have been huge complaints about crowds. So how do they thin the crowds while also still getting the money they'd be missing? Why, raising the prices on Annuals and tickets so it discourages people from staying longer (or better yet, shuttling them toward WDW where I hear attendance has been flagging, and is better suited for huge crowds.... hence all the deals at WDW and not DL), but STILL gets them the money they're missing because of the price increase. And the additional day nonsense? I firmly believe that their excuse of "people scalping extra days" may be true to an extent, but I highly doubt it's a lot of instances, and doubt it's caused them so much grief they would completely change their policy and deal with so many unhappy customers. No, I am sure they just wanted to find a way to get MORE money off the people that can afford a longer stay while still thinning crowds, and they use the excuse of "scalpers" because then it puts the blame back on the customer, not on Disney.

Smart, yes. Greedy, yes. Just sad to see Disney trying to weasel more money out of pockets. :( And even more sad, that it works. I am sure I will buy those 2 extra day hoppers to add onto my 5, because we really would like a longer stay and now there's no option. Disney should seriously consider adding an 8th dwarf called Greedy.

Lomky said:
So... I'm in the d'land as we speak. Went to the ticket office before activating my 5 day hopper and nada. Ain't happening, they said the most they can sell is a five day and 6 day hoppers are no longer available, so they cannot add days. I even said I sent an email and the reply was positive, but that was before the ticket change.

I also went to city hall and no love there either. They said try the ticket booth!!

So, don't count on adding days, I even said that we are from Canada and are here for ten days, but they just repeated that there was no way to add days unless I spend another $200 each!!

Too bad, guess I'm going to knotts.

Noooo! I was so hoping to add a day to my 5 day. Looks like I'm gonna use my free day at legoland this year! Sad. I was really hoping for an extra day at DL but I'm not willing to spend a crazy amount for one more day. Thanks for the post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter