What do you love about Lamplight Lounge?

smartlabelprint

DIS Veteran
*The scream canister (thank you someone for that recommendation!) was tasty and strong.

*The non-alcoholic bubbling drink for my kiddo was super cool.

*Ambiance

What I didn’t like…the dirty couch cushions. I wasn’t a fan of the nachos. My toppings kept rolling off. 🤣 I dislike cheese heavy nachos, but there needs to be some on most chips. It was also a smaller portion than I was expecting for the price with the way people rave about it. We weren’t hungry, so that was fine. It was something I noticed though.

I don’t see myself returning.

I've TRIED to love LL! I think we've given them 3 chances. Stinky lobster nachos, lazy service (servers were standing around, chatting it up) and dirty tables have put me off from giving them another chance.

- love the location and being able to watch the Incredicoaster take off time after time.
- secret menu cocktails (love the sea witch)
- lobster nachos (I’m a BIG fan - and if you like extra lobster cheese sauce you can order extra)
- chilaquiles for brunch!

Caveat: have only ever dined outside and at the bar. Love the servers at the bar. Perhaps inside is not as preferable?

- love the location and being able to watch the Incredicoaster take off time after time.
- secret menu cocktails (love the sea witch)
- lobster nachos (I’m a BIG fan - and if you like extra lobster cheese sauce you can order extra)
- chilaquiles for brunch!

Caveat: have only ever dined outside and at the bar. Love the servers at the bar. Perhaps inside is not as preferable?

I love chilaquiles so that's a great bonus!

I'm excited to experience the theming inside OR the views from outside, so looking forward to it either way! It seems like a lot of the service issues they had when the park reopened have been clearing up (or at least that is my positive thinking hope!)

I gave up my reservation and this thread is making me feel better about my decision. We only have one day at DCA and there were too many snacks/quick services that I wanted to try and we have the dessert party, so I cancelled Lamplight. I've been regretting it and looking for it again, but maybe I will stop now.

*The scream canister (thank you someone for that recommendation!) was tasty and strong.

*The non-alcoholic bubbling drink for my kiddo was super cool.

*Ambiance

What I didn’t like…the dirty couch cushions. I wasn’t a fan of the nachos. My toppings kept rolling off. 🤣 I dislike cheese heavy nachos, but there needs to be some on most chips. It was also a smaller portion than I was expecting for the price with the way people rave about it. We weren’t hungry, so that was fine. It was something I noticed though.

I don’t see myself returning.
I love the ambiance, especially sitting inside looking out toward the water, or sitting outside looking toward Incredicoaster.

I love all the Pixar memorabilia and decor.

I love the food. But I think the lobster nachos are gross, ha ha. I do like the nachos with steak instead of lobster, but miss the barbacoa nachos (they are now only available for boardwalk dining).

I gave up my reservation and this thread is making me feel better about my decision. We only have one day at DCA and there were too many snacks/quick services that I wanted to try and we have the dessert party, so I cancelled Lamplight. I've been regretting it and looking for it again, but maybe I will stop now.
For only 1 day at DCA I would totally prioritize those QuesaBirria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga. ;)

I canceled mine today for River Belle Fantasmic package.
For only 1 day at DCA I would totally prioritize those QuesaBirria tacos at Cocina Cucamonga. ;)
Ok already, they are on my list. 😋

I love the food. But I think the lobster nachos are gross, ha ha. I do like the nachos with steak instead of lobster, but miss the barbacoa nachos (they are now only available for boardwalk dining).

Can you still get the Steak Nachos instead of the Lobster?

Lamplight is prob my favorite place to eat at all of DLR right now. The Scream Canister is my fave drink, we love the potato skins (which aren’t really skins, but more of a potato cake/hash brown) and hubby loves the Kung Pao Bao taco things they have now. I always make 2 reservations when we go, one brunch and one lunch. The French Toast is super yummy (although sweet) and the mimosa flight is good too, although in May it was so strong, I think I was tipsy all day, haha… my favorite thing about LL in general though - I love love LOVE sitting right on the water with a drink and the view. It’s the most relaxing thing to me, and just so pretty to watch the wheel, coaster, and ducks on the water… 91166905-30C0-4274-9434-16A0D3ABBB70.jpeg

Our Lamplight lounge dinner was the best dining experience of our trip (Blue Bayou was a big disappointment; Goofy’s kitchen was decent). We were late to our reservation due to a ride breakdown but they were able to reinstate the reservation and allow us in (told us 40 min wait; actual was 5). They were not taking walk ups around 6:30 pm.

The drinks were strong. I had the fun wheel off the secret menu and liked the Passion fruit and pineapple combo. The lobster nachos were fresh and shareable and the jalapeños were crunchy and added a burst of flavor (asked for more). We ordered burgers (maybe people on TripAdvisor were ordering the kids mini burgers and complaining) and they were regular sized and cooked to perfection. The potato skins were perfectly seasoned fried potato patties and 2319 was refreshing (a strawberry milk shake type drink) and our teen loved these. They accommodated milk/egg/nut allergies very well. Our son had pasta with marinara on the side and strawberries/carrots. We also ordered donuts (they were nut free, but not vegan-chef stopped by and confirmed) and the vanilla sauce tasted like melted caramel ice cream. They were hot and fresh.

The sun set while we were there and the blinds went back up and we had a great view of the pier. We chose not to stay for fireworks but we could have, although officially they close the restaurant before them. If you like Tiffins, you will absolutely love this experience. Do make time for the experience and sit back and relax. We didn’t even feel like rushing back to the rides.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/04/02/do-you-know-about-this-extra-secret-disney-drink-menu/
C50F5AE2-15B0-4E2F-A1BA-EA8CE3F67839.jpeg
719F9570-9FD3-4990-916D-5EBD8FBA0298.jpeg

4E15ABEB-6B55-4C7C-8BB4-57311103DBAD.jpegDC0E9B2A-D16F-442C-85CB-2804FABB9B13.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter