What do you like to wear to the parks?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
Just curious for fun :)

Do you go with comfort or style? Do you like to get all Disneyed up, or just wear anything? Do you like to dress up or stay casual?

Back when I lived near Disneyland I don't think I even owned one Disney shirt, so I just wore whatever was comfortable. Nowadays I have a different Disneyland shirt for every day of my trip, and inevitably buy more while I'm there :)

I'm all about comfort so I wear sneakers and jeans or capris. I do have a wonderful Disney dress shop dress that I've had for a few years, just waiting to wear it to the park. I will pair it with cute sneakers and it will be the only time I've ever remotely dressed up there.

I generally wear what I would like to be photographed in which usually means a nice shirt and jeans.

If I was prioritizing a specific character, I'd make sure my shirt matched. That's quite rare at Disneyland vs the Asian parks other than maybe red around Christmastime but if for example, I knew Beast was out with Belle, I'd wear a yellow shirt to match Belle's dress or blue to match Beast's jacket.

I also bring a couple of jackets depending on the weather.

I love the comment above relating to how I'd like to be photographed. Indeed!

I'm generally "resort casual" with a hat and my DVC string backpack. I will almost always be wearing something from my personal collection of Disney apparel or carrying a Disney purse. Most park days, I wear a lanyard of carefully curated Disney pins. (I never "wear" my lanyard of traders.)

I wear dresses every day of every trip I take because it's what I wear in my regular life and am most comfortable in. I think on my last trip I had a day with a longer shirt + Disney themed leggings but 95% of the time it's a dress.

Comfort is number 1 for me.. otherwise I'm cranky and nobody wants that at Disney lol

I am always about comfort. I normally pair a Disney top with shorts or leggings depending on the weather. For shoes I wear Birkenstocks or Hey Dudes. If it's cold I'll wear sneakers.

I’m there to have fun, so fun and comfortable are the name of the game for me.

I have a collection of Disney and Star Wars shirts that I usually bring along (button up, polo and t-shirts) and I always wear my goofy hat in the park.

Aside from that, good walking shoes are the most important thing for me to make sure I have.

I'm most comfortable in dresses, so I have always worn a sundress, floppy hat and crocs sandals. This year i have to wear compression socks and I don't want them to show, so I'm switching it up. I found some super cute, lightweight cotton overalls. I'm going to wear them over a tank top with cute tennis shoes. Like a prior poster said, I want something I can look at in pictures for years to come and not cringe.

I am all about comfort and ease so for me that means a Disney tee and jeans, jean shorts, or leggings, and running shoes. I bought a beautiful Disney dress shop dress and would love to wear it in the parks but I can’t imagine trying to maneuver that full skirt on rides, plus I wouldn’t want to ruin it and it would look lame with my running shoes. Those of you who can run around all day in cute dresses and shoes (and not chafe!), I salute you. :)

I am all about comfort. I wear a Disney/Marvel/Star Wars themed tee or sweatshirt, depending on the season, and jeans/leggings/shorts, and comfy sneakers. I do not love wearing hats, but I did end up buying a ROTR hat on my last trip because by day 3 my poor scalp was on fire.

I still get plenty of compliments on my selection of t-shirts (and my Mickey balloon sunglasses), so I feel like I'm doing cute but functional pretty well!

I do a mixture of both. Disney t-shirt, jean shorts/khakis, running socks and Hokas running shoes. I also alternate on which ears I wear depending on what shirt I have on. I own a few shirts and headbands from the Disney parks in Asia so I get A LOT of compliments from both guests and Cast Members. I have this bag that I wear in the parks, it's the perfect size to fit mini hand sanitizers.

I do a mixture of both. Disney t-shirt, jean shorts/khakis, running socks and Hokas running shoes. I also alternate on which ears I wear depending on what shirt I have on. I own a few shirts and headbands from the Disney parks in Asia so I get A LOT of compliments from both guests and Cast Members. I have this bag that I wear in the parks, it's the perfect size to fit mini hand sanitizers.
That bag is adorable!

I own a few shirts and headbands from the Disney parks in Asia so I get A LOT of compliments from both guests and Cast Members.

My last visit to the parks I was wearing an Obi-wan shirt I got from Hot Topic and I got no less than 10 cast members complimenting me on it. So when the last one, a CM at Marcelline’s, mentioned it, I was like… wow, I’m getting so much CM love and she said it’s because they LOVE seeing unique stuff that they don’t sell at the parks. (And everyone, including those CMs, is also impatiently waiting for them to hopefully sell some Obi-wan merch when the new show starts!)

Cute and comfortable! I do Disney themed shirts most days, with jeans or shorts or capris, depending on the weather. My ears match the theme of my shirt (and if I'm using a mask, that matches too. Yes, I'm one of those people 😉). Most of my shirts and ears are from Etsy. The one I get the most compliments on is a Dalmatian puppy wearing a Mickey ear hat.

H, on the other hand, just wears whatever. I think he only has one Disney shirt, and it's a mash up with Seinfeld.

Last edited:
Timely question as I have started packing and feeling a bit blah about my selections! I have a few Disney shirts, a few lulu lemon tank tops, also some plain fitted tshirts in case I want to be plain like normal 😅 Mostly shorts, denim and black, pair of jeans for evening. So definitely on the comfy side of things. I would like to wear dresses in theory, I just don't have any I like that much and my regular life doesn't suit dresses so I won't buy any just for a trip! Birks and probably some dorky runners. Probably not quite as cute as my regular life, but with all the walking it's gotta be comfy! Plus either a backpack or small sporty crossbody.

I go for comfort and cute. The last two trips I have worn bike shorts(I think they are so comfy especially when it is hot), tank tops(plain or Disney), and sneakers. I don't know how people can do jeans. I guess it is a texture thing for me. I can't stand them rubbing against my legs when I am sweaty and hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter