What Do You Like Better Now Than Before COVID?

As a local I like G+ and ILL. I actually have the chance to get a pass for a headliner attractions. We don’t buy it most times that we go, it’s not always necessary, but it’s nice that it’s there if we want to use it. Also - mobile ordering is so nice. Especially with kids. I have a kiddo with special needs and it’s nice being able to wait outside, away from the crowds and noise until our food is ready.

We found it worked better than Fast pass. There was never anything offered that resembled ILL, We don't buy souvenirs anymore, we don't drink alcohol so spending money for Genie+ or ILL, wasn't a deal breaker for us. We also used stand by. We liked the 3 options.

As a local I like G+ and ILL. I actually have the chance to get a pass for a headliner attractions. We don’t buy it most times that we go, it’s not always necessary, but it’s nice that it’s there if we want to use it. Also - mobile ordering is so nice. Especially with kids. I have a kiddo with special needs and it’s nice being able to wait outside, away from the crowds and noise until our food is ready.
We've found that both paid services have worked pretty much exactly like the old free Fastpass+ for us, except that we have to pay for it and we can't repeat the biggest headliners. So still not sure what's so much better than the old, free FP system. Luckily, (?) I am eligible for DAS, so my traveling companions only had to purchase ILL for attractions I cannot ride. And they only needed Genie+ for one day of our 6 day trip. But we used to get so much done with FP, and Genie+ just isn't doing it for us.

If Genie+ was like Maxpass+ that was in Disneyland I'd probably like it more than Fastpass+. Genie+ is basically exactly like Maxpass+ was except with Maxpass+ you didn't have the restriction of only doing a ride once. We loved Maxpass+ when we visited Disneyland. It was nice not having to plan out rides a month in advance and stacking rides for the evening when we took a break was such a nice feature. We just hate that you can't repeat rides with Genie+. For us it doesn't matter if we go on the same rides multiple times. We just want to be riding something without having to wait on a long line even if it isn't one of the headliner attractions.

LOVE mobile ordering. Also like the cavalcades, random character sightings, and I actually like park reservations. As an AP, if I see a bonus day, that's a giveaway that it's going to be a less crowded park. Like the shorter wait for ADR. No one needs to be hoarding dining reservations for months and then canceling the ones they don't actually want at the last minute. I love seeing all of the first time visitors. There are so many once in a lifetime people coming in and I'm happy for them.

I like mobile ordering with the allergy options. It’s much easier to order now . We used to wait for the manager at quick service restaurants before they let you put in the order. This is much easier and quicker .

I liked not having characters at Ohana and Caoe May. Breakfast was so much cheaper $25 and quicker too . Yes they come back soon . We are excited the characters will be back at Crystal Palace . Eeyore is my daughters favorite. He’s practically a member of the family !! 🤣

I do also like the virtual walk up lists for dining. This may have been around before covid but I think it has been expanded.

I like that they took away all of the perks for staying on site. I stayed off site (never would have considered that before Covid), and found that offsite is SOOOOO much nicer than onsite, for less than a third of the price, especially in multi-bedroom timeshare rental hotels like Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana.
I assume you mean some, not all, the perks for staying onsite, right? Just off the top of my head, there's early morning hours, extended evening hours, being able to walk to the park, Disney transportation and a slight edge on dining reservations.

It makes me happy to see so many wonderful positive comments. I see a trend toward a change in mindset and embracing the new. I've seen a lot of changes over the years, and while I miss the old memories, I look forward to making many new ones.

With all the disappointments that people are experiencing these days and with how much more complicated it is to plan a trip to WDW or DL, what do people like BETTER now? I would love to be able to focus on the bright spots. We have really liked the Cavalcades we have seen at both resorts (but love having the "Meet and Greets" back too!). And some people have been a bit friendlier and more patient because they are just so thrilled to be able to be back in the parks (I know, some have become just the opposite, but I try to ignore them lol!).
I like not having to make dining reservations 6 months out then waiting three months to find out if they fit your plans when you made your FP+ reservations.

With all the disappointments that people are experiencing these days and with how much more complicated it is to plan a trip to WDW or DL, what do people like BETTER now? I would love to be able to focus on the bright spots. We have really liked the Cavalcades we have seen at both resorts (but love having the "Meet and Greets" back too!). And some people have been a bit friendlier and more patient because they are just so thrilled to be able to be back in the parks (I know, some have become just the opposite, but I try to ignore them

I like that only deluxe resorts and DVC villas get extra magic hours now

But you could do that with FP+ for free?
Yes. With FP+ you were normally presented with 3 different 1 hour windows to choose from so you could choose the 1 that best worked with your plans. Also decreased to crisscrossing around the park as you could choose return times in similar locations rather than having to take next available time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter