What do you like about okw? -- update!

Do you think that means kids might be bored with it? We really like AKV because it has that relaxing feel but also things like the animals and community hall to keep kids occupied.
There is a community hall at OKW. And of course, there are the standard pool activities, contests, etc., along with marshmallow toasting and a nightly movie. As many activities as at AKV/AKL? Nope.

We also love the large one bedrooms, balconies, parking right at your villa, full size washer and dryer. Villas near HH are convenient but be aware that noise from the pool area and traffic can affect being able to sit on the balcony in peace, depending on which building you get. Love the music they play at Hospitality House.

Everyone mentions the large balconies at OKW for the 1 and 2 bedroom units. How large are the balconies for the studio units? Do you get the same kind of views you get with the larger units?

Everyone mentions the large balconies at OKW for the 1 and 2 bedroom units. How large are the balconies for the studio units? Do you get the same kind of views you get with the larger units?
The studios have small balconies (or patios if on the first floor). Some of them seem to have the view limited by trees and large plants.

I love OKW for all the great reasons listed by many! From the moment we pull in, it just feels like home. I love the relaxed island vibe, the Community Hall staff has always been great, and we prefer NOT to be near HH. We like Turtle Pond area, but IMHO there really are no bad locations. The villas are huge, and homey. I can't speak to whether your kids would be bored, but my 2 little grand-princesses love it there! We go to Community Hall for crafts, etc., to check out movies for watching at night after baths and jammies are on. We also love Olivia's.

I love that I park near my door, and don't have a mile and a half of corridors and/or parking lot to get to my room. The boat ride is relaxing and fun, even if you don't want to get off anywhere!

Our kids love OKW. We spent a day at the pool and they loved the activities (they don't typically care about them). The ice cream drop and family treasure hunts were our favorites. The community hall isn't huge, but there's a basketball court and I'm thinking maybe an outdoor ping pong table? You can rent surrey bikes. We loved being able to park at our villa and the 1bd was huge. We ate at Olivia's for breakfast and dinner and loved both.

So I think that we are going to give it a try! I'll let everybody know in a month or so what we thought!

Yes, please do post with a review from your standpoint. I will admit that no DVC resort is going to be loved by everyone, so post whether you like it or not.

Do you think it is still worth it if we can't be near HH? That category is booked.

We are another family that does NOT want to be near the HH! We love being towards the back of the resort where it is quieter. We love OKW for all the reasons others have stated as well. Also like having a relaxing place to return to after hectic days at the parks. Glad you are going to give it a try. It is very spread out and a lot of people don't like that. We'll be "Home" in 2 days!!! :love:

OKW is definitely our favorite. We like the large balcony, the convenient parking, the extra space, the beautiful grounds, the in unit laundry, the food at Olivia's, the Turtle Krawls at the Gurggling Suitcase, the multiple pools, the slide at the sandcastle pool, the boat to DTD and when the need arises the vastness of the Grand Villa!

We had the privilege to stay at OKW last summer. It was a non parks stay before our cruise. I loved that I did not feel like I was missing out on the parks. I like the size of the villas. The pool area it was really nice. Olivia's restaurant was a great find. But most of all the convenience to downtown Disney. It has the feel of a great resort on its own. My sons and I rented a surrey and had a blast peddling around. The resort is big but not too big. I took a couple of walks around early in the morning, very tranquil.

You guys all have us so excited! I think my kids would like being near HH so MS put a note to place us near HH because the HH category is booked. Either way, I'm sure it will be fine! We will be at the Boardwalk in 11 days and OKW in 16 days!

We stayed near HH our last stay and it wasn't as grand as we thought it would be. Our view was looking at the entry drive, we weren't able to park as close (not that we weren't close in comparison to other resorts), and we didn't head over to Gurgling Suitcase, Olivia's or any of that more than once or twice. If we did, it was usually right before leaving or after returning to the resort and we could have stopped as we drove by.

In the future, I don't think it will matter to me.

Exactly. No hallways with noise, no people getting off elevators. Sit on the balcony and most likely you're looking at a golf course, with other buildings in the distance.
Most of the times I've stayed there I was in a 1 bedroom, which are all lockoffs. You could hear through the door. One time we heard a couple getting "busy", kind of embarrassing when you are there with your mom.....

I did like the larger 1 bedroom compared to BWV.

You guys all have us so excited! I think my kids would like being near HH so MS put a note to place us near HH because the HH category is booked. Either way, I'm sure it will be fine! We will be at the Boardwalk in 11 days and OKW in 16 days!
17 for us!

OKW is our home resort and for use we love it. Because there are 6 of us we have to drive to Disney and nothing beats being able to park our car right outside our building for easy access. Boardwalk to us feels like a large hotel. We've only stayed at BWV once, but this is how our experience went. We had a BW view on one of the top couple floors so we had a GREAT view, but after a long day in the park we'd ride the bus back to BWV, enter the front door, ride the elevator up, and then the hike continued as our room was one of the last 1 or 2 on a WING, which is quite the walk with 3 kids (at that time) after touring the park. Now I will tell you that my friend is a BWV owner and for their family they like it over OKW because they don't like their doors opening towards the outside (mosquitos and things attracted to porch lights), so for them they preferred BWV over OKW. But for us we like being closer to our car or a bus stop vs that hike it took us to get to our room within BWV. The pool/slide is probably nicer at BWV as the slide at OKW was added, where BWV the pool was designed around the slide, but our kids had plenty of fun in the pool.

This is just our .02 to add to all the others you've already heard (room sizes, balconies, washer/dryers, etc.)

Can i get a View like the picture on Page 1 of this thread if staying in a studio apartment? If so, what number or block should i be requesting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter