• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you hope "stays" post-Covid?

Well I for one am enjoying the no hugging thing, I've got a couple of relatives I'd rather not hug, and I'm riding this 'whoa...just in case not hugging" thing to my grave with them!

Seriously though, I think the whole Instacart/grocery pick up and in general, store pick up such as someone mentioned w/ Kohls is beyond fabulous! Covid or no, I'll keep using these services.

Other than that I'll be glad to see life resume some reflection of what was normal pre-covid.

Limited hospital visitors. My job usually allows an unlimited amount of visitors all day long for maternity patients. It’s really nice to just have mom and her one support person with her (and baby of course 👍🏼). So much can and needs to be done in such a short period of time that it gets very difficult with 10 visitors in the room. (This mostly applies to first time parents who require a lot of teaching and support).

Limited hospital visitors. My job usually allows an unlimited amount of visitors all day long for maternity patients. It’s really nice to just have mom and her one support person with her (and baby of course 👍🏼). So much can and needs to be done in such a short period of time that it gets very difficult with 10 visitors in the room. (This mostly applies to first time parents who require a lot of teaching and support).

That’s a good point. I would have loved no visitors in the hospital when I had my children. It would have saved me a lot of tension and stress. Trying to recover from birth, take care of a newborn, learn to breastfeed, etc when you have a parade of family members was insanely stressful!

For some of us that has always been the norm!👍
That is what surprises me. I am a stay at home/homeschooling mom, and we always stayed home when sick. We missed at least 1 or 2 classes of co op due to sickness. If you had the sniffles, you stayed home. We even left, kid started coughing, and turned around and went home. I hate being sick, why on earth would I expose someone to something I know I had???

The infrequency of seeing my mother-in-law.
😂
Oh but seriously folks.

No shaking hands. I’m glad that’s gone. I don’t need to touch somebody I just met.

Staying home when sick, even just a little (and masking up if you totally can't stay home)...please, that's the only thing that I'd really want to stay (see it helping me above:))...
That's not something that is totally 100% even Covid right now, staying home when sick (in the US at least.) I wish it was. The employers all need to get on board with allowing people to stay home when they are sick. Get rid of incentives for perfect attendance, give people time so they aren't going to get behind on bills if they are sick, and get rid of penalties for staying home when sick. I had 2 kids, 3 days for the year. Wife didn't have any, call off and miss your mortgage. 1st kid gets sick for 2 days, 1 day left for me. 2nd kid gets sick for 2 days after the 1st kid is sick, no days left and wife loses income. I get sick or wife gets sick, can't call off. The problem rises the longer people of the family are sick.

Another forum we talked about sick time during Covid. Some has reported that they are still required to come to work even if they tested positive, come to work unless you are showing symptoms.

Unfortunately, people abuse it when they have sick time. People call off sick as a vacation. That is why so many employers don't give decent sick leave. Also unfortunately, to solve that problem then doctors need to be involved, another bill. I don't want the common cold to cost me a week's pay I can't lose.

For some of us that has always been the norm!👍
Yes, and for others nothing has changed. I'm still standing at the sink washing my hands with people leaving the stall and walking right out the door. Someone on Facebook even posted in the beginning a meme saying "I'm more scared of the people who think hand washing is a new thing..." and this same person is the very one who still walks right past the sinks and out the door.

I agree with the OP about masks being mandatory anywhere there’s sick people.
I‘ve been to one urgent care since COVID started and they had 2 separate waiting rooms - one for well people (this is where we were - my DD was there for a UTI) & one for sick people. I liked this and I think all places should do this now and after COVID.

I would be totally fine with wearing a mask during the flu season every year. Particularly in public spaces that are overcrowded or being stuck in cramped quarters with strangers for long periods of time.

I wouldn’t want a law, but rather just see more people initiate the habit of wearing them when those endemic communicable diseases start to pop up and spread.

Working from home. I've always had the flexibility to work from wherever I wanted but having more people have to work remotely has caused a lot of processes to be updated and technology to be expanded to make it easier. Not only do I prefer it but it is better for the environment. Less people on the roads is less pollution. Less need for big sprawling buildings in urban centers means (hopefully) more green space and parks.

My staff that previously didn't want to work home can now disconnect for a little while mid-day and go enjoy time with their kids in the summer. They will likely be working remotely some days permanently when this is all over.

We don't have to drive to other buildings for meetings that could have always been done remotely. I've always told my staff to stay home if they think they are sick. None of them need to be in the office and I don't want any of them there if they are sick. Now people are actually taking that to heart.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter