What do you guys think of Moana?

^^^^^
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who felt the songs in Frozen were unmemorable (read blah) except for Let It Go.

FWIW, my family went on Saturday (I stayed home and watched football), they enjoyed it and said you can/should stay through the end of the credits for another short.

DD 20 and I saw it Friday, we both loved it!!! We liked the music and her voice is amazing. And yes, "You're Welcome" has been stuck in our head ever since.
I did not find anything that was trying to be PC at all. I agree Zootopia was, but we loved that too :-)

Me again!

Okay, to add to the thread.

Yes! I thought it was wonderful in 3D... Nothing over the top, but just gave beauty and depth to the movie!!!
Well worth it.

I still think the music and songs are disappointing. Doesn't 'Your Welcome' even start out with Maui expecting to be thanked, not for helping or respecting Moana, but just because of his ego. Uggghhh. Again, I know some really really awesome Hawaiian music. I can just hear Makana's Ka'ena Dream during the big sailing scenes... "I love it out here.. where the water/air/view is clear, so catch another wave/take another breath/look and free/clear your mind!!!!!" The one classic Hawaiian melody that I posted the youtube link, that is about a lost love... it would have been absolutely wonderful to have used this somehow for the grandma or Moana, when she had disappeared from her village to go out to sea.

I do agree, again, the depth and scope and focus of the movie and the character development was lacking.
It just didn't reach that level of being 'classic'

I just LOVED the first of the movie! As a tiny toddler, at the very beginning, it was wonderfully portrayed and very clear... I turned to DH and said, "She is absolutely fearless!"
I would love to see a 'still' of the artwork for the beginning of the movie and compare it to photos of Ke'e Beach on Kauai. It just took me right back there!

We hung around for the credits... for what seemed like forever... theater was totally empty, and we finally gave up and headed out. Never saw what I am hearing about at the end???

We haven't seen it yet but I'm not holding my breath on music... hated Frozen's soundtrack and have heard a song or two from Moana and have not been impressed (don't like Hamilton music, either). However, the animation looks gorgeous and the story sounds wonderful so we will be seeing it!

I loved the animation quality and the music (we saw it in 3D so I'm not sure if that added to the animation). The story line itself was a little....bland I guess. It wasn't a very complicated plot.

I also think they could have done a lot more with the chicken or the pig characters. Their appearances were random and the role seemed incomplete.

I took my 3 year old to see it yesterday morning. We were the only ones in the theater for the 9am showing--woohoo!

I have to agree with many other posters who thought that it was good but not great.

Like everyone else, I thought the animation was beautiful. I loved the Maui character (he made the movie) and the Grandma character. I liked Moana okay, but I thought the voice acting was weak.

We laughed out loud maybe once? Nothing was super funny.

I was hoping the pig was going to tag along on the boat and not the chicken. The chicken didn't add anything to the movie.

The plot was laid out point by point near the beginning of the movie and everything happened exactly as expected.

My 3 year old was a bit scared by the crab character and also the lava monster thing. Her review of the movie was "it was a little bit good and a little bit scary."

The music was the biggest let down for me. I liked How Far I'll Go and everything else was pretty meh. I was expecting a lot.

I thought it was better than Zootopia and not nearly as good as Frozen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter