What do you feed your dog?

We use the Costco - kirkland brand grain free - I think it's called Natures Domain.

Nature's Domain from Costco. Excellent food quality at a great price. We've been feeding it 10 years or so? One of the only reasons why we have a Costco membership HA!

Except for the 15 year old Shih Tzu who now eats whatever suits his fancy :scratchin We are in a good stretch where he'll eat high end canned food (usually Merrick or Wellness) if I top it with a cheeseburger from McDonald's :confused3 Just getting him to touch any actual dog food is a great accomplishment!

We have a year old rescued Redbone Coonhound who we adopted when she was 3 months old. They were feeding her Purina at the shelter, and we transitioned her to Diamond puppy food when we brought her home.

Now she's old enough to eat adult food, but is a super active dog who runs laps like a fool around my yard. We're planning to transition her to active breed Diamond brand next time I buy a bag of food.

I'd like to go with Costco (Kirkland) brand because Diamond is the supplier and it would be much cheaper and easier since we make a Costco run once a week, but they don't have the Active version and I'm worried she's going to need the extra calories and protein.

We fed our previous dog Iams. After he passed away and we got another dog, we feed her Rachel Ray brand dog food. DH did some research and feels that Rachel Ray is healthier than Iams.

I feed my golden retriever beneful healthy weight. We've tried other brands and even tried blending to switch her to a "healthier" diet, like the grain free, but any change made her sick. And it wasn't just a day or two, she just couldn't handle the change. She's had a very sensitive stomach since she was 1 (when we adopted her). Beneful seems to be all she can really handle.

I've found the saying, "men plan, G-d laughs" to be true for both my child and my dogs. So what you WANT to feed them, you may find does not agree with them.

My latest gift from the heavens above, my 7 month old cocker... he has a very excitable bowel. Let's just call it that. When he was 3 months old we went through 6 long weeks of explosive fire hose diarrhea with no known cause, I spent well over a thousand at the vet's office taking him in every week having his poop tested for parasites and his blood checked... we never found anything wrong with him. He had to eat cottage cheese and rice to not be a fire hose, poor thing. And I kept trying dog food after dog food, trying to find the right sensitive stomach one that would agree with him. We finally settled on Science Diet's sensitive stomach one, luckily my other cocker does well with it too. Is that one better than the others? I doubt it, that one just happened to be the one that finally agreed with HIM. What works for other people's dogs might not be the best for yours, I'd ask your vet what they recommend and read the ingredients on the bags at the store. Good luck and hope you have many happy, healthy years together!

My golden ate Nutro Ultra Large Breed Puppy up to a year old and transitioned to Nutro Ultra Large Breed Adult. She loves it and has never complained/had issues with it. My last golden also ate that and loved it too.

We feed our 4 year old 90 pound yellow lab Purina Pro Plan Savor. He likes it because it’s a mix of hard kibble and soft pieces. He seems to enjoy all the flavors so I change it up every so often. I also give him the canned food as a treat, usually after a hard day of playing at daycare, and he LOVES it.

Our German Shepard's eat Taste of the Wild Wetlands(fowl) flavor. Our dogs have been EXTREMELY picky....we've been through tons of different foods for them. :sad2: Well actually just one is super picky and the other just has to eat what the other one does. :laughing:

My puppy eats the Kirkland (Costco) puppy food. She'll soon be starting on the Kirkland lamb, chicken and rice flavor dry food. It comes in the green bag.

I feed my golden retriever beneful healthy weight. We've tried other brands and even tried blending to switch her to a "healthier" diet, like the grain free, but any change made her sick. And it wasn't just a day or two, she just couldn't handle the change. She's had a very sensitive stomach since she was 1 (when we adopted her). Beneful seems to be all she can really handle.
That’s my golden too. He doesn’t like the premium foods (we feed proplan). He likes the cheaper grocery store brands, but all of them that we tried make him throw up.

A raw diet. I'm shocked the only answers so far are that of dry food. I feed Steve's Real Food frozen raw which contains the proper proportions of meat/bone/offal. Years ago I, too, fed kibble to my dogs and over time became more educated on the nutrition they deserve to have and switched to a higher quality canned food and continued to learn and now feed raw.

Hill’s Prescription Diet. She has allergies and a really sensitive stomach. This food helps with both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter