• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you feed your dog?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
We are getting two German Shepherd puppies in a couple of weeks and I was curious what everyone feeds their larger breed dogs. We fed our Weimaraner Fromm but there is no place around here that sells it.

We feed our two big puppies Purina puppy chow or whatever is on sale cheaper

We have a 14yo Golden Retrieve and two Wire Fox Terriers we feed the NutriSource PureVita Grain Free dog food to all three. Mostly our oldest WFT needs the Grain Free but it's helped with our Golden too. We have a great local Natural Pet Food store that worked with us to find the right food along with our Vets recommendation.

The large established dog food companies have unbelievable research behind their foods...Royal Canin has breed specific food, Purina, Iams, Hill's. Are a few my DVM recommends.

We have an almost 5 year old lab mix who gets Taste of the Wild. We only use the kibble and as a rare treat she gets some of the canned. No complaints!

We have 2 big dogs ( German Shepard/ Rottweiler & pit / rottie ) that we feed purina one dog food.

Victor, salmon and sweet potato, recommended by the vet for my 50 lb lab/hound mix with digestive issues (loose stools) and ear infections. Has done wonders for the stools but not so sure about the ear issues. I used to feed Purina proplan.

We feed our Keeshond Blue Freedom (dry) & alternate between the chicken & the beef.

We used to feed him Taste of the Wild, & I can't remember why we switched. I think there was a recall.

Our dog is little but we feed her Royal Canin for sensitive stomachs because she has a sensitive stomach. They make it in both dry and canned and we give her a little of each.

I have a golden. He eats Purina proplan adult large breed now. Ate large breed puppy when he was a puppy. I would definitely do a large breed type food for German sheps.

I have two dogs, one a lab hound mix and the other a little mutt. I feed both of them Rachel Ray’s. Personally I feel the food should have meat as the first ingredient and natural ingredients but they’re spoiled. My mother has two shepherd mixes and also feeds them Rachel Ray

Iams

Whatever you decide to feed them make sure to transition them from whatever they were eating before. Less likely to have tummy troubles that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter