What do you do with your VHS Disney videos ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Throw them away ?

Sell them ? How ?

Keep them ? Why ?

We have lots of great Disney VHS movies - all in great shape.
Not sure what to do with them.

I gave them to the library. The library sold them for a nickel each when they were switching over to DVDs exclusively.

They got moldy in a damp basement. Gave the salvaged ones to my nephew around 12 years ago.

Donated them when our VCR finally died. I just can't keep everything, and since we couldn't watch them anymore, it seemed logical to donate them in case someone else might want them. :)

Kept them. My first grandchild will be arriving next month. Bought a new VHS/DVD/CD Burner player 3 years ago so if my other VHS player dies, I'll still have a way to play them and all my home videos on VHS.

Funny thing is, never thought I would own any movies (on VHS or DVD), but some how we accumulated a lot.

I'm in better shape than my wife's step-sister and her husband. They have 1,500 movies on BETA. They collected them while their kids were young and he was stationed in Japan in the Air Force. Apparently they were dirt cheap over there.

I still have a working VHS video player, so I still have Disney videos as well as many other films

I have two operating VHS machines and a substantial collection of Disney tapes (some purchased, some taped off air). I love to go back and watch the taped tv specials from years ago. Such a blast from the past! I have The Little Mermaid in both VHS and DVD, but I don’t have any other duplicates. So long as I can watch them on tape, I will keep them.

Ours are packed in a box. I think we have a vcr in there too. Not sure why I can’t part with them....vcr hasn’t even been hooked up for probably 20 years. Even though I love purging stuff from our house, those still stay.

As I replaced them with DVDs I gave them to my grandma who always had a house full of kids at any given time. The only one I kept was the 101 Dalmatians that had belonged to my MIL. (We donated her collection to the library) At the time it was worth a pretty penny, going for over $200 in some places. Probably not worth anything anymore but I still have it in a box labeled “Mom’s Things.”

I’ve since replaced the DVDs with Blu-ray and digital. Oldest DD is now the owner of the DVDs. Won’t be moving onto the next best thing if there is one. My digital collection got upgraded with the Movies Anywhere merger so that takes care of that.

They are in a box in the closet. I still have my VCR, too.

I don't watch them, but I don't watch the DVD's/BlueRay's I have either.

Apparently, some people make tables out of them:
CX7WWWKUsAAIdAv.jpg:large

Seriously, though, I still have a bunch (and a working VCR). We got rid of a lot of our old tapes, but there were a few I wasn't ready to part with.

Our library doesn't take them as donations anymore, but maybe someone doing a flea market?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter