what do you do with valuables on beach?

jkovick

<font color=FF9900>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue
I was wondering, when going on a beach day at one of the ports, what do you do with your valuables? Do you have someone in your party always watching it? Do you use some sort of waterproof container and take it in the water with you? Thanks for your input!

We have a water-proof waist pack for money, ids, etc. We leave our cameras in the cabin safe and use Kodak waterproof cameras for picture taking.

Pocket 'em quickly, before anyone notices.

They sell waterproof containers that will hold quite a bit of stuff like money, id, and your KTTW card. I put it around my neck when I snorkeled at Castaway Cay. It worked well.

plutojudy, a waterproof waist pouch, what a great idea. Can you tell me where you got it?

Whatever you do, don't get lulled into a false sense of security because it's Disney. One DISer posted that they left their things on a lounge chair while they got lunch and they were stolen (caamera, etc.) I did the same thing, but fortunately, mine weren't stolen. Even thieves take working vacations.

We use the surf safes that Doctor P was talking about. Got them from where I work (in lime green no less). The skinny ones like we have hold your KTTW card, an ID, a credit card and a few bills. They also make ones that are fatter to hold a pack of cigarettes I think that would hold a lot more.

We also use disposable waterproof cameras on excursions like these and they work well for us. As far as jewelry - I take it off back in the room and leave it in the safe!

It would be nice if there were lockers you could use at CC. We wanted to go biking last year, so we rented one with a baby carrier on it so we put all of 'stuff' in the baby sit while we rode. If there had been lockers, we would have used them instead.

DJ

We just left our valuables with our "stuff" at Castaway Cay. We have never had a problem. We did bring disposable underwater cameras, our KTTW cards, my wallet (I left most of my cash in the room safe) and a small tote bag. The waterproof cigarette holder is large enough for the KTTW cards a credit card and some cash if you want to carry it with you.

Can I ask what you need cash or a wallet for on CC? I know I left my camera in a bag on the chair and didn't even think twice.....but I brought important things like sunscreen and sunglasses...the $1 bill for the postoffice was crumpled up in the bag....what else did I need?

Now the port beaches, I might fear leaving things, but CC - there is nothing to bring of value (as I say, except a camera)
Barbara

Hi Barbara.

Can I ask what you need cash or a wallet for on CC?

Better to be safe than sorry as one never knows when or where the crew's orgy is going to take place...

marypopfan, we bought it from a catalog, either Magellan's or Travelsmith. It has a water-proof "bladder" that fits into the pouch.

we bring just the essentials...KTTW card, a few $ for postage , and thats it

What about beaches other than CC? (I can see on CC that the KTTW card is probably all I would need.) Don't you need to take more "stuff" with you at the other ports such as passports, wallet, credit cards, etc? Thanks for all your help.:D

We use the small, somewhat flat, waterproof containers you wear (hang) around you neck to store our credit cards and money, image below:
waterproofcontainers.jpg

If you need a larger container, here is a direct link to the Magellan Splash Caddy (with photo). Others may sell something similiar or even larger in size:
Magellan Splash Caddy :D :cool: :sunny:

cruiseclues-- thanks so much for the info and the picture! I really appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter