What do you do when you can't decide on a resort

Good so I’m not crazy haha

Looking at deluxe for July. We have 3 boys ages 1, 2 and 9. I’m pretty hooked on the monorail resorts. We stayed at Poly last year and didn’t care for the crowds/noise. But loved the location and transportation options. So I’m trying to decide between CR tower or GF.
We love GF. Beautiful resort, grounds are so pretty, both pools are gradual entry, cute kids splash pad. And very relaxing. Great dining options too. They have 2 cute character meals there, the morning is Mary Popins/Alice in Wonderland & evening is Cinderella and the (very funny) stepsisters.

We bought into DVC so we can stay at the deluxe level resort any time. From their we just decide on what park we want to spend most of our time at and go with every resort will accommodate that. Last trip we were going to be at epcot the most so we stayed at BCV. This trip is all about MK so we are staying at BLT.

Good so I’m not crazy haha

Looking at deluxe for July. We have 3 boys ages 1, 2 and 9. I’m pretty hooked on the monorail resorts. We stayed at Poly last year and didn’t care for the crowds/noise. But loved the location and transportation options. So I’m trying to decide between CR tower or GF.

You would like either one of those, so no worries. What we enjoyed about each when our kids were younger:

CR: watching the monorail go through the resort, enjoying many meals at Chef Mickeys, and we took full advantage of the walkway to MK. Even though the monorail is convenient with a double stroller (which I assume you'll have, and also what we always had), it's even more convenient to simply walk back and forth to MK.

GF: Simply put, we enjoy every aspect of GF and it's one of our favorites. Has a great kids' splash area and beach pool. Love the main building, lobby, and shops.

With 3 boys, I'd almost be inclined to vote for CR. But in the end, I'd probably go with the lower price which very well may be GF with a discount.

Have fun!

Flip a coin? If you're deciding between on-site resorts, you can rest assured that they will all be comparable in terms of quality and service. You know you're not getting the Bates Motel.

I think the first thing to consider is what is most important to you. Quick and easy transportation? Awesome pool? Smaller resort that's easy to navigate? Theming? Room size? Order your preferences from most important to least important, and then it should be easy to hone in on which resort makes the most sense for you based on this.

Last edited:
I am trying to stay at every WDW resort at least once, so I usually look at what my trip is based around (festival at Epcot, event at MK like a party or AH event) and then choose one that is near there or allows the easiest access. For my trip next week I'm doing a split stay, didn't really mean to do it but I booked for 3 nights at BWI and then decided to add 2 nights which weren't available there, so now I'm going to BC for the last few nights. I kinda wanted to go to CR, but I'm going mainly for festival of the arts so figured an Epcot resort made the most sense. I'm checking off all the deluxe after this and can say I love all of them, my least favorite is GF but that's mainly because the decor doesn't suit me as well, and I feel like I can't relax in the lobby when there are 4 wedding parties milling around and taking formal pictures. One of my best trips was renting DVC at BLT, we got a 2 bedroom villa for a great price and all that extra space and proximity to MK was the best.

You would like either one of those, so no worries. What we enjoyed about each when our kids were younger:

CR: watching the monorail go through the resort, enjoying many meals at Chef Mickeys, and we took full advantage of the walkway to MK. Even though the monorail is convenient with a double stroller (which I assume you'll have, and also what we always had), it's even more convenient to simply walk back and forth to MK.

GF: Simply put, we enjoy every aspect of GF and it's one of our favorites. Has a great kids' splash area and beach pool. Love the main building, lobby, and shops.

With 3 boys, I'd almost be inclined to vote for CR. But in the end, I'd probably go with the lower price which very well may be GF with a discount.

Have fun!
Agree with all points above! If it's between Contemporary and GF I'd choose Contemporary as well, especially with 3 kids.

Thank you everyone for suggestions. Huge summer discounts at GF. It’s $400 cheaper than CR for the week. This may sway my decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter