What do you do if your child turns 3 during stay?

mjenni27

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are thinking about taking our DS 7 and our DD 2 to WDW for a week the week of her 3rd birthday. Here's the question, how do they handle that. I have been told that the rate at checkin is your rate for the whole time by some and others say not. Do we go ahead and register her as 3 since she turns three or do we register her as 2 and not worry about the fact that we are "cheating" them out of money for the 2 days she is 3. We want to do the birthday pin, etc. but then they may fuss that she is supposed to pay. We plan on doing a full package this time if it makes a difference. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, what did they do? Did they charge for part of the package for the child or what?:confused:

The age she is at check-in sets the price for the entire trip. I guess if you went to a buffet dinner after she turned 3 you'd probably want to pay, but she won't need a ticket.

You'll be fine. My son turned ten during our last visit - now an adult by Disney standards, LOL, but they didn't come out of the woodwork asking for more money for him.

At several buffets, ('Ohanas) they didn't even charge for my daughter even after we let them know she was three. It pays to be honest.

It sounds much like disney's policy on "seasons" if you check in on the last day of the value season, then your whole trip is priced as value even if you're actually there for a peak season!

It make sense, I'm sure it's just easier to say, whatever you "ARE" at check in is what you stay for the trip.

Have a blast!!!!!!

I've never had first hand experience with this but from what I understand, Kermit is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter