• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do for Breakfast at Disneyland?

MermaidHair

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
What is your current method of getting breakfast at DLR? We usually grab Starbucks but I have heard their lines are super long, both inside the parks and in Downtown Disney. I prefer not to eat at the hotel because I am generally not a fan of hotel breakfasts. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

We also usually do Starbucks but if you want something quick and easy there are Denny's on Katella and one Harbor. There is also a McDonalds on Harbor.

If you plan to wait/enter on Harbor there is a starbucks on harbor at katella(?). Jolly Holiday has coffee and pastries.

We went opening weekend, and a lot has changed since then, but we went to Starbucks in DCA (I forget what it's called) right at opening. I was the second one in line and it took a few minutes to get our drinks and breakfast sandwiches. We went outside and sat on a bench to eat and gulp our coffee down so we could keep moving. To me, that's the biggest problem with trying to have breakfast in the park.

Depending where you're staying, Panera on Harbor might be a good option as well.

We have always had breakfast items in our room- yogurt, bagels, juice, milk, fruit, granola bars, etc- everybody grabs what they want and we eat breakfast while getting ready, walking over, or standing in line. Why waste precious park time on sit down breakfast? Sometimes if we started out with a very early rope drop-like 7 am magic morning- we’d schedule a brunch or character meal for 10:30 (assuming those things ever come back!). Also if we had a bit of a wait before the gate opening, I’d mobile order Starbucks in DTD and hold our place while DH went to get it.

Mobile Order DTD Starbucks for us. Everyone else has figured out that trick as well, so be sure to check the order wait times on the app and order ahead of time accordingly.

Why waste precious park time on sit down breakfast? Sometimes if we started out with a very early rope drop-like 7 am magic morning- we’d schedule a brunch or character meal for 10:30 (assuming those things ever come back!).

THIS!!! My priority on a DL morning is to get to the park. That means cold cereal in bags for the kiddos and a mediocre cup of hotel coffee for me to hold me over until we are ready for a mid-morning treat or, as avalon451 mentions, a brunch or character meal.

Gosh, I cannot wait to go back.

Wow, this is really bleak. I'm going to Disneyland in a few days and I'm discovering there are so few options for food at Disneyland and seemingly NOTHING for breakfast.

Yikes.

Mobile Order DTD Starbucks for us. Everyone else has figured out that trick as well, so be sure to check the order wait times on the app and order ahead of time accordingly.
Consider too that walk in might be faster, depending on the day. When we went a few weekends ago, we were waiting for 30 minutes before giving up on the order since we had an early ROTR return time. (Starbucks eventually credited our account since you can't cancel a mobile order.) Others had already been waiting 45+ minutes when we arrived and continued to wait. Meanwhile walk ins were ordering and getting their items while all the mobile order folks were standing around getting extremely frustrated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter