What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

this sounds way to confusing for someone like me who doesnt do good with computers
is there any way to get this done when we get to the port--I mean all this with photos and passport
the rest of it sounds like how it was in normal times with just flight info the thing with photos were done at the dock

I have never uploaded photos and have no clue where to start
if someone has step by step instructions that could help me out
thanks
DCL's phone line has an option to talk to tech support there. They may be able to walk you through it over the phone.

this sounds way to confusing for someone like me who doesnt do good with computers
is there any way to get this done when we get to the port--I mean all this with photos and passport
the rest of it sounds like how it was in normal times with just flight info the thing with photos were done at the dock

I have never uploaded photos and have no clue where to start
if someone has step by step instructions that could help me out
thanks
Would you be able to go to YouTube and put “Disney cruise online checkin 2023” in the search bar? There are a few recent videos.

Without doing this, you won’t get a port arrival time. I suppose you could go in the afternoon when they stop checking, but not sure. You could call.

Are we able to do this on our phones or an actual computer?
Either will work. If you do it on your phone, you can get there from the app but it'll take you to a browser, I believe. I recommend having both open (phone and computer), in case one gets hung up, you can go to the other (just make sure you have all the pictures in both places for upload.

Either will work. If you do it on your phone, you can get there from the app but it'll take you to a browser, I believe. I recommend having both open (phone and computer), in case one gets hung up, you can go to the other (just make sure you have all the pictures in both places for upload.
Great idea! Thank you. I don't remember having to do this in 2017 but we did use a TA at the time

Great idea! Thank you. I don't remember having to do this in 2017 but we did use a TA at the time
It didn't work this way in 2017, all the check in was done at the port. This was something implemented when they restarted after COVID, presumably to alleviate lines/crowding at port. A TA likely wouldn't be able to do this for you.

Did you find out? I can't seem to find the answer
TooBoyz4us said :
Can someone tell me what type of file the birth certificate scans need to be? Is PDF acceptable?
I know the photos need to be jpeg
Thankyou!

No, I still don't know. I will ask my TA.

Is it recommended (more efficient) to use a laptop or mobile device for checking in? I'm hearing conflicting reports on this.

Is it recommended (more efficient) to use a laptop or mobile device for checking in? I'm hearing conflicting reports on this.
The issue is that check-in will sometimes open for one before the other. There is no rhyme or reason to this, as far as I can figure out. So even if you have a preference, Disney IT may not allow you to choose.

I was prepared to use my laptop and had all my photos on my desktop, plus a Word file with all the text to copy/paste. However, check-in didn't open there, so I started on my phone. And I thought that was actually super-easy, b/c it was 'smarter' about filling in forms, read the passport photos easily, and, as I usually find to be the case - uploading photos is a little smoother on a mobile device (fewer clicks to get to them). I'm guessing ease-of-use may be related to device familiarity, for some users.

I also did the check in by phone (iPhone) and it was really easy and quick.
Thanks, were there any issues with the picture format or file size? Did you change settings so your pictures were in JPEG format?

Thanks, were there any issues with the picture format or file size? Did you change settings so your pictures were in JPEG format?
Not the person you replied to, but I used my iPhone and just uploaded them straight from the phone's photo storage, so they had to have been that weird heic Apple format.

For our last 4 cruises, the checkin via computer hasnt been available at midnight/30 days, while the app/phone method is. Who knows why they do the things they do...

For children - do you need to upload or input info from their birth certificate (or other document) during the check in process?

For young kids who don't have passports.

We are cruising with our birth certificates and DL.
Last night I was watching some YouTube videos about online checkin, and in all of them a passport scan was used.

So, I understand we will simply choose birth certificate under the Proof of Citizenship tab, but them how and where will we add a photo of our DL?

Please correct me if I have any of this wrong, but as a first timer on DCL this is my how I'm approaching check-in (requirements and process):

1. Photos of passports for adults and birth certificates for children
2. Headshots of all guests
3. Choose cash for payment just to get to the next step quickly (can modify this later)
4. Choose driving for same reason as above.
5. Register kids for the clubs.
6. Hope for the best regarding how smooth the site is running and choose the earliest possible PAT.
7. Agree to the contract.

Missing anything important?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter