What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

I will be checking in online tonight for 3 cabins.
Where is this elusive "Check In" button supposed to be (so that I will know where to look for it and also will know if it isn't showing up)?
If you're on a non-mobile browser, go to "My Reservations" under "Already Booked" and select the cruise (if needed). It will be text button where "Pending Review" shows for me currently, right below the big "Online Check-In" paragraph:
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 6.22.20 PM.png

If you're using the mobile browser, it will be in the same place, but just look a little different as it's formatted for the smaller screen.

If you're using the DCL app, tap on your reservation and then scroll down to the Check-In button (it will be an actual button), will also be right below a similarly length paragraph in the "My Online Check-In" section.

Thank you @ehh, that was just what I needed!

I was able to get our three cabins all successfully checked in by 12:45am (I admit I didn't start until a few minutes after midnight). It took a bit of time because, well, doing it all thrice, plus we are traveling split (4 together and 2 together), and the two traveling together are in 2 different cabins, so in only one instance was I able to check the box for the information being the same. Yowza entering all that flight information! But we got it done. It was nice that I could check the boxes to put all six of us on my same credit card and not have to do that six times! Oddly, there was some hiccup with DD1's selfie shot (which was taken against the same wall at the same time (so, same lighting) as DH and I, and ours uploaded just fine!?), so between checking in Cabin 1 and Cabin 2 we had to redo her selfie (twice!), but it took the third one with no error message, just that it needed to be reviewed, which is what it said for all of them, so that should be all set. Then Cabin 3 went smoothly. We ended up with:
  • Cabin 1 - 11:13-11:30 PAT, BG 4
  • Cabin 2 - 11:30-11:45 PAT, BG 7
  • Cabin 3 - 11:30-11:45 PAT, BG 7 (but a different assembly station than Cabin 2)
We are hoping we can all get on at 11:30.
THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this very helpful thread!

Thanks, this is a great thread! I had everything ready and used Chrome. It took me 20 minutes but we still got 11:15 PAT, group 8. I'm happy.

Thanks for all these tips.. we check in on Friday for our first cruise and I have been stressing about what I’ll need and how to get an early PAT.

I now know the tips to choose driving and cash… is there also trick to breeze through the kids club registration and go back after to do this?

I have been trying to check in for the last 40 minutes and wow...I had prepared myself for a frustrating experience but this is beyond. I had my typed notes, jpeg files shrunk down and organized by folder...and in the end none of it mattered because the system has frozen and nobody can get checked in. I did look and there are at least 3 (maybe 4?) cruises leaving on 1/2 so maybe that is why.

One tip that I hadn't seen on this thread was that if you do get the spinny wheel of death, use that time to go on the app and book the royal gathering if that is something you want. Maybe that is obvious but as a first time cruiser I thought that could only be done after check in. Almost missed it but was able to grab one of the last times once I realized I could book it before being checked in.

Update: I tried for 2+ hours and then I finally admitted defeat and went to bed. I woke up naturally at 5am EST so decided to try again. This time I had no issues checking in and was able to get BG 7 with a 11:30am PAT, which I am happy with. From my FB group, it looks like it finally started working around 3:00-4:00am for those troopers who stayed up all night to battle Disney IT.
In the end I am still happy I was prepared and on at 12:00am as I was able to get the royal gathering at the very least.

And now that that is over....onto the cruising fun! Thanks all for your tips and suggestions.

Last edited:
I have been trying to check in for the last 40 minutes and wow...I had prepared myself for a frustrating experience but this is beyond. I had my typed notes, jpeg files shrunk down and organized by folder...and in the end none of it mattered because the system has frozen and nobody can get checked in. I did look and there are at least 3 (maybe 4?) cruises leaving on 1/2 so maybe that is why.

One tip that I hadn't seen on this thread was that if you do get the spinny wheel of death, use that time to go on the app and book the royal gathering if that is something you want. Maybe that is obvious but as a first time cruiser I thought that could only be done after check in. Almost missed it but was able to grab one of the last times once I realized I could book it before being checked in.

Update: I tried for 2+ hours and then I finally admitted defeat and went to bed. I woke up naturally at 5am EST so decided to try again. This time I had no issues checking in and was able to get BG 7 with a 11:30am PAT, which I am happy with. From my FB group, it looks like it finally started working around 3:00-4:00am for those troopers who stayed up all night to battle Disney IT.
In the end I am still happy I was prepared and on at 12:00am as I was able to get the royal gathering at the very least.

And now that that is over....onto the cruising fun! Thanks all for your tips and suggestions.
I had the same problem and gave up at 12:30 am. and went to bed. I had to go potty at 4:00am so I tried again and got right through and got 11:30 boarding group 6. At this point I’ll never stay up again for early check in, it not worked for the last three cruises.

I am sailing Concierge on the Wish on 12/30 (first time for both). Do I have to do on line check in? I think I will have the earliest POT regardless, correct?

I am sailing Concierge on the Wish on 12/30 (first time for both). Do I have to do on line check in? I think I will have the earliest POT regardless, correct?

You still need to do online check-in before your cruise, so that DCL has your passport/ID information, photos, payment information, and transportation information. You don't need to worry about the port arrival time, but you should have your Port Arrival Form (generated through online check-in) to facilitate your arrival at the port.

All - Cruise virgin here. We are doing Disney wish on 1/16. When does the 30 day online check in begin? Dec 16 midnight ET? Or, Dec 17 midnight ET?

December has 31 days, so 30 days before January 16 is December 17. Online check-in for a January 16 cruise will begin one minute before 12:01 am ET on December 17 (assuming, of course, that the DCL website is working properly).

After online check in, what exactly do I have to bring to the port when I arrive
You should bring a printed version of the Port Arrival Form generated after your check-in and your form of identification (passport or, for US citizens on closed-loop cruises leaving from US ports, birth certificate and government-issued photo ID). You will also need a government-issued photo ID to reboard the ship in ports. If you indicated a credit card as form of payment onboard, it wouldn't hurt to have that physically present, though I'm not sure if that's strictly required.

December has 31 days, so 30 days before January 16 is December 17. Online check-in for a January 16 cruise will begin one minute before 12:01 am ET on December 17 (assuming, of course, that the DCL website is working properly).
Thank you, Mommb.

forgot about 30 day check in window. Checked in at 6 days. got 1:45-2pm boarding time.

not that big of a deal, as we will be coming from the Beach Club. Just means we can sleep in and have breakfast and some pool time before we head to the boat.

And we won't check our bags since rooms should be ready at 2pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter